Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Not looking to break records. Just a good pulling/fuel efficient combo. Truck is on its maiden voyage right now. Probably need to wait a bit to screw with it to make sure everything is 100%.

If the pyro is working properly. You could bury your foot in this thing all day and be lucky for it to break 850.

And also have a jake issue.

Not an issue, plenty of options

What kind of jake problem? Missing a stage, dead cyl, sticking on?

Jake issue could be from pass thru harness or even an improper set of the lash.

As long as you have a 2050 file in it she will pull just fine at 1300. No Yuck involved. LOL

The best thing to do is to run it and see what works best for you and the truck. There are way to many differences in trucks to say one thing will work for every situation.

Not an issue, plenty of options

What kind of jake problem? Missing a stage, dead cyl, sticking on?

Dead cylinder or two. I've only got all of them to hit like twice in 1500 miles.

Truck turns 1450-1475 at 70.

Seems to run ok, im just feeling it out and gonna try to see what it likes for mileage. All in time I guess.

Dead cylinder or two. I've only got all of them to hit like twice in 1500 miles.

Truck turns 1450-1475 at 70.

Seems to run ok, im just feeling it out and gonna try to see what it likes for mileage. All in time I guess.

Probably the harness under the valve cover. You can pull the valve covers and press down on the button on the center of each solenoid with it running and see if each one activates. If they do it's either bad solenoids or bad wiring.

Probably the harness under the valve cover. You can pull the valve covers and press down on the button on the center of each solenoid with it running and see if each one activates. If they do it's either bad solenoids or bad wiring.

I was gonna pull the covers sunday and ran outta time before I had to leave.

Jakes are under the valve covers and sit on top of the rocker arms, on an electronic cat there is a pass through connecto through the base of the rocker cover that has wires that run the jakes and injectors, this connector can leak and get oil in it and the harness inside the rocker box gets brittle over time with exposure to heat and oil, then the insulation is more prone to crack and expose the wire to oil.

Ok guys geting ready to order a bumper. Do i go ahead a spend the money for a stainless or will a valley chrome bumper hold up to Indiana winter and salt?

Details... What's the truck, what's it used for, how big a bumper you looking at?

The 379 i posted a couple pages back that got hit. Haul grain in the fall and winter, some detach work, then haul pulling tractor in the summer. With some field entrances are a little sketchy so going with 20 inch.

Jakes are under the valve covers and sit on top of the rocker arms, on an electronic cat there is a pass through connecto through the base of the rocker cover that has wires that run the jakes and injectors, this connector can leak and get oil in it and the harness inside the rocker box gets brittle over time with exposure to heat and oil, then the insulation is more prone to crack and expose the wire to oil.

I'm following you now. I've only seen the inside of a valve cover on an engine with jakes one time and that was on about a '94 model Autocar with a 60 series. If I remember right that entire wiring harness was covered in oil. I don't know if that's normal on those motors or not but I guess I just figured that was how most of these engines are set up. But come to think of it, I think that truck suffered the same symptoms. The jakes would always work on the first stage with two cylinders but only once in a blue moon would it work on stage two or three.

I'm following you now. I've only seen the inside of a valve cover on an engine with jakes one time and that was on about a '94 model Autocar with a 60 series. If I remember right that entire wiring harness was covered in oil. I don't know if that's normal on those motors or not but I guess I just figured that was how most of these engines are set up. But come to think of it, I think that truck suffered the same symptoms. The jakes would always work on the first stage with two cylinders but only once in a blue moon would it work on stage two or three.
The harnesses on the OUTSIDE of a Detroit valve cover are soaked in oil. Lol

Most of the time I would agree with you, especially if we're talkin about a two stroke. Surprisingly enough though, this motor externally was really dry. Strong old dump truck. The guy had several '06-'07 International dumps and I always picked the old Autocar to drive over them. One because it was one of the few manual transmission trucks he had, and two my truck wasn't down NEARLY as much as the others.

The 379 i posted a couple pages back that got hit. Haul grain in the fall and winter, some detach work, then haul pulling tractor in the summer. With some field entrances are a little sketchy so going with 20 inch.

That summed it up for me. No stainless.

Ok guys geting ready to order a bumper. Do i go ahead a spend the money for a stainless or will a valley chrome bumper hold up to Indiana winter and salt?

Been my experience that a new bumper guarantees your going to hit something and a stainless one means it will happen faster. I buy bumpers like I buy recliners. I don't feel as bad having to burn a cheap one every few years, an expensive one you tend to have to deal with some stains for a while.

23b95ef2c3c3272b4cc3809228fc1715.jpg

That's NOT dirt by the way. Detroits are the king of spewing oil, especially when the turbos die.

8bc6e528a3bee8b4533d1615f3eb26bd.jpg

This one was only 7gal low and the exhaust was full. Lol

Been my experience that a new bumper guarantees your going to hit something and a stainless one means it will happen faster. I buy bumpers like I buy recliners. I don't feel as bad having to burn a cheap one every few years, an expensive one you tend to have to deal with some stains for a while.

I guess I didn't think about it like that. Chrome it is. Thanks

23b95ef2c3c3272b4cc3809228fc1715.jpg

That's NOT dirt by the way. Detroits are the king of spewing oil, especially when the turbos die.

8bc6e528a3bee8b4533d1615f3eb26bd.jpg

This one was only 7gal low and the exhaust was full. Lol
I've seen a truck with an ISX do that too, haha

My thoughts exactly!