Truckers, lets see your rigs!

My camera doesnt record speed or location, just what it sees. I'm gonna try and get the video loaded of what happened leading up to the altercation, he's swerving all over trying to keep me from passing and brake checking me and chit. It was intense for a few minutes

Did you end up having the sheriff come?

This is why people should be careful about who they pull their road rage BS on.
81821672ff193babf16565fa48a927d7.jpg

Ok couple questions for you guys.
First, what's the general rule of thumb on an Emodel for fuel mileage? Any little tricks that seem to be winners on these or are they just like every other one?

Second, gps. I don't use a gps as a main guidance tool, but I like to have one for a second trip meter, second speedometer, and a helping hand. I've always like Garmon better than any one I've ever used. Is there a need to spend the extra dime and get their deezul one or whatever it is or no?

On edit: any little tricks to git a bit more out of this e model without spending thousands?
I need to research the resistor mod thing still.

Last edited:
Ok couple questions for you guys.
First, what's the general rule of thumb on an Emodel for fuel mileage? Any little tricks that seem to be winners on these or are they just like every other one?

Second, gps. I don't use a gps as a main guidance tool, but I like to have one for a second trip meter, second speedometer, and a helping hand. I've always like Garmon better than any one I've ever used. Is there a need to spend the extra dime and get their deezul one or whatever it is or no?

On edit: any little tricks to git a bit more out of this e model without spending thousands?
I need to research the resistor mod thing still.

The e model's I owned were always in the 6-6.5 mpg average doing flat bed work. The sweet spot on the ones I had was around 1300 RPM. The trucker garmon is junk, 2 guy's I know have them both went back to their old GPS.

The e model's I owned were always in the 6-6.5 mpg average doing flat bed work. The sweet spot on the ones I had was around 1300 RPM. The trucker garmon is junk, 2 guy's I know have them both went back to their old GPS.

1300?! Yuck... Not what I wanted to hear.

Rpm can vary, just keep it off boost, key is getting a pre low nox file in it that doesn't have the retarded timing in it.

Our E model seems to stay around 5.5-6mpg, its also a 550/2050 truck

How much power do you want?:ft:

Not looking to break records. Just a good pulling/fuel efficient combo. Truck is on its maiden voyage right now. Probably need to wait a bit to screw with it to make sure everything is 100%.

If the pyro is working properly. You could bury your foot in this thing all day and be lucky for it to break 850.

And also have a jake issue.

Last edited:
Not looking to break records. Just a good pulling/fuel efficient combo. Truck is on its maiden voyage right now. Probably need to wait a bit to screw with it to make sure everything is 100%.

If the pyro is working properly. You could bury your foot in this thing all day and be lucky for it to break 850.

And also have a jake issue.

Jake issue could be from pass thru harness or even an improper set of the lash.

1300?! Yuck... Not what I wanted to hear.

As long as you have a 2050 file in it she will pull just fine at 1300. No Yuck involved. LOL

The best thing to do is to run it and see what works best for you and the truck. There are way to many differences in trucks to say one thing will work for every situation.