Truckers, lets see your rigs!

The N-14 is a great engine, anyone who says otherwise is delusional, but if someone walked up to me and said they have an N-14 that would embarrass a strong running 550-625 cat, I'd have them institutionalized, they never have been and never will be capable of the kind of power a cat is and have any kind of longevity to go with it.

And there ya have it folks, the rest of the story. :hehe:

But anyways I agree with that statement, both have good things to offer combined they would be great.

Guy I work with cusses Cummins right and left, at the same time he's had lots of issues with his cat. I think it has to do with the guy he has modify and work on his truck, the work quality is terrible but he loves the guy. (Maybe a little to much)

I'd say the MF15 would be the best chance, I'm still waiting on cat to adopt the HPCR to their industrial engines, the parts are there to do it.

HP for HP no one pushes their engines harder than cat does outside the truck engine market, I have never understood why cummins doesn't build anything stronger for the water than they do for the land in the big engines.

I am sure you are 100 percent Correct with those older engines. But I am leaning more towards the 2350. It's a very well build engine. I don't see cat having anything that could hang with it even if they got back in the truck market and still meet emissions. Without emissions I think the new cummins stuff would be unstoppable with common rail.
No experience with the tier 4 engines so I'm just going off of the 07's that I have experience with, my white Pete was a factory built 565/1850 truck with an 18 speed, 3.36 rears, and lopro 22.5's, a guy I ran with a lot was running a W9 with similar specs, the only difference was he had a 13 speed and a factory built 550/1850 acert cat, he would consistently out pull me, no matter the hill, weight, weather conditions, or wind direction. I can't explain it in any way other than the cat just simply pulled better.

No experience with the tier 4 engines so I'm just going off of the 07's that I have experience with, my white Pete was a factory built 565/1850 truck with an 18 speed, 3.36 rears, and lopro 22.5's, a guy I ran with a lot was running a W9 with similar specs, the only difference was he had a 13 speed and a factory built 550/1850 acert cat, he would consistently out pull me, no matter the hill, weight, weather conditions, or wind direction. I can't explain it in any way other than the cat just simply pulled better.

The truck was advertised at 565 but what was it governed at? That's a common issue

My boss always left the higher HP trucks alone, so whatever they're set at from the dealership.

And it wasn't like he was eating my lunch by 2+ miles on a 5 mile climb, but in that distance he could pull a truck length on me.

I am sure you are 100 percent Correct with those older engines. But I am leaning more towards the 2350. It's a very well build engine. I don't see cat having anything that could hang with it even if they got back in the truck market and still meet emissions. Without emissions I think the new cummins stuff would be unstoppable with common rail.
The CT15 that navistar runs is cats 15l with bosch CR engine controls.
Some of the parts even come with cute little Cummins stickers because Juan was too lazy to repackage them.

Last any of us heard was that they didn't get certified for tier 4 final with it.

Wonder why international pulled them as an option, heard they were getting fined on every one that was sold because it wasn't meeting a certain emission spec.

Re-read the last line. We were going to have to run a red engine in a yellow branded truck there for a while. I think they are only paying the fine for the cat trucks now.

I suppose. I just hope we don't have to start pulling heads off of them like the navi boys have been.

They did away with the CT11 didn't they? And the last maxforce 15 was sold quite a while ago as well right? I have pics of a few of them on stands but other than one hacked together factory test prostar I've never seen one in a truck. You can buy those still?

Admittedly this makes me laugh http://www.maxxforceengineproblems.com/

And for what it's worth a few pages back I posted pics of the 6nz powered cat gliders the local dealer was building, it's the only reliable Cat branded truck I know of

I'd say the MF15 would be the best chance, I'm still waiting on cat to adopt the HPCR to their industrial engines, the parts are there to do it.

HP for HP no one pushes their engines harder than cat does outside the truck engine market, I have never understood why cummins doesn't build anything stronger for the water than they do for the land in the big engines.

They're doing HPCR on the little guys finally, C4.4 and C6.6. I have a 6.6 powered generator ordered, can't wait to tear into it!

Well, it ain't much of a "rig," but I'll show ya what I found last night when I popped the hood on the C7000.

attachment.php

Don't think for one second that I hadn't thought of that. :hehe: Good thing I'm an honest person. It would be easier than replacing the power steering pump...that' the next thing after I remove all that schidt. :(

That fuel pump has a lot more to do with oil quality rather than the pump itself. But both have been updated. I think without all the after treatment it would be nasty. It can already do 650 in trucks
Talked to a pulller who considered building a 2250. The issue is the short rods.

Because they break, I worked for John Deere at the engineering facility. A guy I worked with was married to an Ohio girl. He moved out there, his best friend works for Cummins at their test facility, anything over 700 HP puts a hole in the block with under 2000 test hours... They just plain don't hold up...and that was from the horses mouth. JD is offering a 9000 series with a ask 15L Cummins, we've spit more rods out of the block than have stayed in the block, lol...and that's at 630hp, it is a thrust washer and main bearing issue, and we collected plenty of data to prove it, lmao!