Truckers, lets see your rigs!

C15 acert fresh overhaul 475hp. 13 speed. 246 wheelbase. Nothing crazy cause I'm not running coast to coast. Grain, fertilzer, rock some box van and livestock too but mostly il and surrounding states ag related stuff. Didn't want super heavy truck. There might be some 7" miter cuts and some "tuning" in its near future. Haha

What's up with the photobucket pics not showing up like they used too?
Hate to piss in anyone's cereal but I hope they raised your liners when they did the overhaul or you'll be doing it again soon.

Hate to piss in anyone's cereal but I hope they raised your liners when they did the overhaul or you'll be doing it again soon.
Have you got info on where other people are dropping liners repeatedly? I'd like to form my own opinion on whether you experience is isolated or it really is a wide spread issue.
Don't get me wrong, we have 3 apart right now and 3 are being cut, but the frequency of acerts needing cut isn't any higher than any of the other prefixes we have come through.

I forgot Cat badged Iveco engines are 1000 hp at 12.9 litres, highest hp/liter of all manufacturers.

I found a maximum listing of 5100HP for the 95 in a gen set app, the C175-20 is 5647hp for the max HP for a gen set.

Have you got info on where other people are dropping liners repeatedly? I'd like to form my own opinion on whether you experience is isolated or it really is a wide spread issue.
Don't get me wrong, we have 3 apart right now and 3 are being cut, but the frequency of acerts needing cut isn't any higher than any of the other prefixes we have come through.
Well they all come from the factory at .003 if your lucky..... .003 is fine for a low compression, low boost, low temp engine. .003 doesn't work on a 18.1 motor running 50+ psi of boost all while the drivers are being told by Cat to lug them down to 1100rpm. They don't hold gaskets at .006 even after the block has been surfaced with a new flat head. Now for some odd reason that I can't explain the BXS seems to not be nearly as problematic. Same compression, same boost, same head, same block, same gasket. MXS/NXS are the problem children, even the SDP doesn't have near the headgasket issues. If you own a MXS/NXS it's not IF it will blow a gasket, it's when and how often. And if you do get lucky and get one to hold you can guarantee the head is going to crack......ask me how I know this.:hehe::bang

We just aren't seeing them drop. I dunno why.

How did you find the production spec at 3 thou?

We just aren't seeing them drop. I dunno why.

How did you find the production spec at 3 thou?

Why are the heads off the ones your doing? This is pretty typical thanks to the idiotic relief cuts. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425003304.329741.jpg

.003 is what you get when you set the liner on the block deck and use the standard spacer plate.

Is that the highest rating for the 95 if you look at gen set engines as well?

I was looking at locomotive ratings. Usually they'll show an actual flywheel hp rating rather than a kVA power output.

Sent from my flashscan v2

I was looking at locomotive ratings. Usually they'll show an actual flywheel hp rating rather than a kVA power output.

Sent from my flashscan v2

Just off of the cummins site it listed the HP rating, didn't pay much attention to generator output.

Why are the heads off the ones your doing? This is pretty typical thanks to the idiotic relief cuts. View attachment 56104

.003 is what you get when you set the liner on the block deck and use the standard spacer plate.
The only head gasket in the shop is a 2ws with 1.9m . #6 liner dropped.
People are asking for overhauls at 800k-1.2m with the engines running.

Why are the heads off the ones your doing? This is pretty typical thanks to the idiotic relief cuts. View attachment 56104

Just got done doing a 3406E because of this problem 3 layer head gaskets don't like relief cut heads. And of course the dang head was broke and the spacer plate wrecked.

Just got done doing a 3406E because of this problem 3 layer head gaskets don't like relief cut heads. And of course the dang head was broke and the spacer plate wrecked.

Relief cut heads should have 2245122 5-layer gasket. However that doesn't solve the problem. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425409485.364216.jpg

As long as there is a place for the gasket to go it will go there! This is the fix to keep the gasket from bunching. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425409575.307444.jpg

We got tired of my MBN running like crap so I placed a call to Mr. Haney, spent about an hour on the phone with him discussing what we can do to make this truck run better, so we decided the ECM is getting his modified 7CZ file and we're getting one of his turbos, can't wait to see how she runs!