Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Re-read the last line. We were going to have to run a red engine in a yellow branded truck there for a while. I think they are only paying the fine for the cat trucks now.

I wanted that to happen so bad. It would have been so funny

Bought my first truck on my own. Been driving since I was 15 and as a job since I graduated high school so I'm no stranger but finally decided it was time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 0
C15 acert fresh overhaul 475hp. 13 speed. 246 wheelbase. Nothing crazy cause I'm not running coast to coast. Grain, fertilzer, rock some box van and livestock too but mostly il and surrounding states ag related stuff. Didn't want super heavy truck. There might be some 7" miter cuts and some "tuning" in its near future. Haha

What's up with the photobucket pics not showing up like they used too?

Last edited:
C15 acert fresh overhaul 475hp. 13 speed. 246 wheelbase. Nothing crazy cause I'm not running coast to coast. Grain, fertilzer, rock some box van and livestock too but mostly il and surrounding states ag related stuff. Didn't want super heavy truck. There might be some 7" miter cuts and some "tuning" in its near future. Haha

What's up with the photobucket pics not showing up like they used too?

Nice ride.

Very nice! How many miles on it? Just curious what something like that runs.. I'm trying to decide whether to redo my 93 t600 or sell it and buy a nicer sleeper setup to do basically same thing your doing. But mostly hopper and dump work. Thanks tater

Have probably 4-5 broke off on my 93. Any real fix?

It'd just be easier to sell it to me to fix up???:hehe::lolly:

But in more serious matter, can a 3406c PEEC motor be safely tuned or tampered with? And is there a simple yet effective turbo upgrade to give the 425 a bit more air? Thanks

It'd just be easier to sell it to me to fix up???:hehe::lolly:

But in more serious matter, can a 3406c PEEC motor be safely tuned or tampered with? And is there a simple yet effective turbo upgrade to give the 425 a bit more air? Thanks

The personality code module could be changed, but I'm not sure what gains will be had, I think it would take a nozzle change as well to get the most out of something like that. I think Antrim was doing something for the PEECs, but you still might be money ahead to convert to full mechanical in the long run.

The BW 177148 is a good upgrade for a working truck with a B/C model, I know of a few people that have changed to this turbo and have nothing but good things to say about it.

HP for HP no one pushes their engines harder than cat does outside the truck engine market, I have never understood why cummins doesn't build anything stronger for the water than they do for the land in the big engines.
Cummins ISM marine, Volvo Penta D12 and D13 and Scania DI12 and DI16 all have more hp/liter than any Cat engine. MAN 16 liter also but they are very unreliable.

And to be honest the C175-20 (105 liter) puts out 200 less hp than the QSK95. So pushing the limits outside of the truck market goes mainly to other companies than Cat

Look at the truck sized engines available the N14, K series, and QSX don't show much, the 11L is the largest recreational marine engine available.

Lenny, is anything but the Volvo used in the US? For specific output the C13 marine is the only thing that comes close at 800hp.