Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Be easier to move the cab to a newer chassis. Even then your going to have a pile of cash in it. Guy did it here to a pre 80's W9 and had over 75k in it after paint.

Weird, it looks very familiar to me. For some reason I thought it used to run out of Missouri with a group of big power 359's back in the day. 3406 might not be original either, 77 seems early to me for an A.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Have seen some marketing info that had the 3406A out as early as 74, but would have been few and far between.

Have seen some marketing info that had the 3406A out as early as 74, but would have been few and far between.

Yeah, I was trying to remember the earliest A I've seen and I was thinking 77-78.

45yr old alum frame......maybe as a toy.:Cheer:
Yeah aluminum rails are a sad thing.....I'd be on my way down for it if it weren't for that
Weird, it looks very familiar to me. For some reason I thought it used to run out of Missouri with a group of big power 359's back in the day. 3406 might not be original either, 77 seems early to me for an A.

Very well could be, I only know what the shop owner told me haha. I didn't lift the hood or anything

I guess I'm lost as to how a v8 makes it cooler...
V8's are pretty rare......at least in my neck of the woods. I'd have written the dude a check right then and there if it had a 3048 or a 12V71

Yeah, I was trying to remember the earliest A I've seen and I was thinking 77-78.

I've got a 75 model 359 short hood with a 3406a. It's definitely the oldest I've seen with an A model and I'm not so sure I've ever seen another short hood with one either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've got a 75 model 359 short hood with a 3406a. It's definitely the oldest I've seen with an A model and I'm not so sure I've ever seen another short hood with one either

A page back I posted a pic of my dads 81 359 short hood with a 3406a. A good friend of ours has a 76 359 with a 3406a.

So... I was talking to some cat folks this afternoon... heard a little rumor that the new Cat trucks will be 15L powered, who's 15L is the funny part...

So... I was talking to some cat folks this afternoon... heard a little rumor that the new Cat trucks will be 15L powered, who's 15L is the funny part...

No reason it couldn't be their own. Not much difference between on/off road emissions anymore.

Do laugh a bit when I see the local Cat Kenworth/Pete service trucks with the PX6-8's. Cat letting Cummins eat the warranty costs.

Agreed. Rumor has it that those service trucks and the new cat trucks will be powered by the same manufacturer

Sent from my flashscan v2

ab8f8cf8ca2e47ca68c25e8540b39501.jpg

Funny Cummins here bought new Ford F550's and they're gas.:hehe:

Lol gotta love it. Cleveland brothers hated their fords and dumped them cheap. Once they had a box on the back they said you could barely keep them on the road they drove so terribly.