Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I guess it depends on your level of pulling. It makes no sense for me to put a $6,000 clutch in either one of my trucks. Maybe if I had a 1,500 hp electronic Cat I'd be a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree but I'm with Cody, I don't know how your killing them unless your slipping it off the line. I can't say for sure how the SB will work or how long they last. It was a new glider and we only put 50mi on it before it was hauled away by the owner and it still hasn't gotten it's inspection yet by the DMV to be legally put on the road. I can only say the pedal was only slightly harder than an Eaton and the engagement was smooth. Never had any luck with aftermarket clutches up until this point.

I agree but I'm with Cody, I don't know how your killing them unless your slipping it off the line. I can't say for sure how the SB will work or how long they last. It was a new glider and we only put 50mi on it before it was hauled away by the owner and it still hasn't gotten it's inspection yet by the DMV to be legally put on the road. I can only say the pedal was only slightly harder than an Eaton and the engagement was smooth. Never had any luck with aftermarket clutches up until this point.

I'm not killing Easy Pedals. I'm for an easy pedal. When/ if I ever get to the power levels of needing a crower I will have to evaluate the expense. But until then I'll run my current easy pedal that I have no history on. Maybe even give a SB a try, that's if I ever need to replace the easy pedal I have now.

I'm not killing Easy Pedals. I'm for an easy pedal. When/ if I ever get to the power levels of needing a crower I will have to evaluate the expense. But until then I'll run my current easy pedal that I have no history on. Maybe even give a SB a try, that's if I ever need to replace the easy pedal I have now.

You get your dad to jump up a gear to get some wheel speed and that clutch situation might change.

You get your dad to jump up a gear to get some wheel speed and that clutch situation might change.

He won't jump to the next gear for that reason. He makes a good point that it's not worth it for $200.

What's the point in adding more power, never gonna gain if there is no chance of using any extra power than it takes to spin out in the lower gear.

Im not sure how we killed it in 3 passes either the way you guys saying they hold, but i only tried one then the guys that built that one said to try a lipe. I priced a crower but deiced I would try the lipe because it was $5000 cheaper.

So... I was talking to some cat folks this afternoon... heard a little rumor that the new Cat trucks will be 15L powered, who's 15L is the funny part...

I really hope this is true. Our engines are getting better as we move forward

Im not sure how we killed it in 3 passes either the way you guys saying they hold, but i only tried one then the guys that built that one said to try a lipe. I priced a crower but deiced I would try the lipe because it was $5000 cheaper.

Could be the gear you are trying to run, any idea what wheel speed is in the ratio you are trying to turn?

I really hope this is true. Our engines are getting better as we move forward
By the time they get them figured out the feds change the rules. Other than a few minor issues like the pump plungers and the random 2250/2350 windowed block, the engines aren't problematic. Deleted trucks rarely have engine issues, that applies to all brands. I guess when you have to build them to withstand breathing in through a coffee straw, and out through 5 sections of ceramic exhaust filters you have to beef some parts up.

I wish Cummins would get their valves figured out, seen quite a few broken ones lately. Like they've went back and starting using the junk ones left over from the early big cam's.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 0
I have be see seen broken valves like that. I know the quality of metal is questionable at times. The only reason we see a windowed block or plunger issues is oil change related. Change it at 10-15k won't ever have a problem. People need to understand the maintenance the new engines need.

What of service record does the max force 15 have?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Could be the gear you are trying to run, any idea what wheel speed is in the ratio you are trying to turn?

Not 100% sure on wheel speed now since we went to stand up 24.5s, but with the easy pedal we had low pro 22.5 we were running hi gear on the low side(which is what gear we are still running with no clutch problems). That was around 25 ish with 13 speed 3.73 gears( I believe that is what is in it), and 2600 to 3000 rpms. Im guessing they messed something upiin that first clutch after reading what you guys are doing with easy peddles.

What engine, there is a lot of difference between a hot mechanical and a tuned electronic engine.

I pull in high on the low side of a 13spd, I have 4.33s and LP 24.5s. That figures to around 25mph at 3000. This is maximum actual wheel speed, I have never tried to figure ground speed.

Is the 13 a RTLO, or an old style RTO.

At 3000rpm you are trying to turn the wheels 30mph with an RTO, with a RTLO that is closer to 32mph.

What of service record does the max force 15 have?

There's 12 of them in Western and Central PA. They have apparently been decent according to Cleveland Brothers - that being said their CT gliders they built were and continue to be 6nz powered

Sent from my flashscan v2

ce9db19a0ba986646ea80a10494704ac.jpg

Sent from my flashscan v2
Well, the one I have in my territory has been a piece of ****. 2 radiators, two egr coolers, front housing.
In it's defence, 80% of the failures are contingent to the customer refusing to shut the truck down during a cooling system failure. The rest is design flaw.

I'm going to use that picture against the guys I answer to in Louisville. Jackasses put 8" spacers on the crank and fan hub to put the fan in the shroud.

Back