Truckers, lets see your rigs!

5eee83aa6418186aa81c18e7939fd9a7.jpg

Sent from my flashscan v2

Is that the same cooling package a pro star would have? Cowl intake looks familiar to

At 3000rpm you are trying to turn the wheels 30mph with an RTO, with a RTLO that is closer to 32mph.

RTLO 13sp, I was guessing around 30 with the tall tires at 3000. Engine is a ddec 2 12.7 with serious series 60 ecm, and i said 2600 to 3000 because this ddec 2 never holds the same rpms twice in a row. Also unless it is loose track we cant hold 3000 going down the track.

What's the point in adding more power, never gonna gain if there is no chance of using any extra power than it takes to spin out in the lower gear.

He has been pulling high gear on the low side almost the entire time he has been pulling. This is the first time it has ever been up against the governor going down the track. He is running a 9 speed with 4.56 rears on 11R24.5, up against the governor at 2,700 rpm wheel speed is about 32 mph. And he's got it down to where he is spinning out at the big end.

We went to a pull back at the end of July. There was a 1,000 hp electronic Cat, V8 Mack and a series 60 that only put 20 ft on him. The electronic Cat won $300. I'm not an accountant but spending $6,000 on a clutch to win $300 doesn't add up to my. Especially when he was only 20 ft behind them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is no where close to 32 mph in the low side of the transmission, that is the same gear I am in with a slower ratio rear.

Didn't you tell me he was running a 9 speed direct and low pro 24.5s not to long ago?

He has been pulling high gear on the low side almost the entire time he has been pulling. This is the first time it has ever been up against the governor going down the track. He is running a 9 speed with 4.56 rears on 11R24.5, up against the governor at 2,700 rpm wheel speed is about 32 mph. And he's got it down to where he is spinning out at the big end.

We went to a pull back at the end of July. There was a 1,000 hp electronic Cat, V8 Mack and a series 60 that only put 20 ft on him. The electronic Cat won $300. I'm not an accountant but spending $6,000 on a clutch to win $300 doesn't add up to my. Especially when he was only 20 ft behind them.

If your looking at the money your in the wrong game. The guys who buy the parts want to win just to win. For example if you win NTPA for the year (which is pos origination) the prize money won't even cover the entry fees you paid to enter each pull. These guys aren't doing it for $300, they're doing it for the thrill of winning. If your losing by 20' but having fun then great! Others want to win.

Friend here who finally bought a crower got tired of losing because to spool a big charger you need to slip the clutch at the line. No other clutches will handle that. So the $6k isn't that much when you consider the cost of swapping burnt stock clutches.

If your looking at the money your in the wrong game. The guys who buy the parts want to win just to win. For example if you win NTPA for the year (which is pos origination) the prize money won't even cover the entry fees you paid to enter each pull. These guys aren't doing it for $300, they're doing it for the thrill of winning. If your losing by 20' but having fun then great! Others want to win.

Friend here who finally bought a crower got tired of losing because to spool a big charger you need to slip the clutch at the line. No other clutches will handle that. So the $6k isn't that much when you consider the cost of swapping burnt stock clutches.

Your exactly right some people just want to win to win. We are very low budget guys who just pull to have fun. Your right no one can make money pulling, or with any motorsport for that matter. I'm just not gonna go broke building a pulling truck. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have a Posse truck or a Pro Stock, but my "street" will be just fine.

If I ever get to that power level of needing a crower maybe I'll be able to do it then. But I'm not going to destroy a clutch every week trying to get that next higher gear. It's not fun at that point.

Last edited:
Here is a picture of the truck we pull SBA cab over(don't come much uglier). Back to my original question when I tune the ddec3 in my Pete the SB sounds like the way to go.

Attachments

• IMG95125107584993923.jpg
    IMG95125107584993923.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 0
Here is a picture of the truck we pull SBA cab over(don't come much uglier). Back to my original question when I tune the ddec3 in my Pete the SB sounds like the way to go.

Do you pull in the SW Ohio, SE Indiana area? Pretty sure I see your truck at the local pulls.

On edit: I am almost certain I recognize your truck bc of the Singer sled and the rain cap on your exhaust.

Last edited:
Should come to Hillsboro on Friday night, I know you have an Indiana pull on Saturday. Bring some friends that pull pretty regular in Indiana.

Do you pull in the SW Ohio, SE Indiana area? Pretty sure I see your truck at the local pulls.

On edit: I am almost certain I recognize your truck bc of the Singer sled and the rain cap on your exhaust.

Ya pull in central Indiana have pulled few times in SW Ohio. The truck runs good for being a ddec 2, but if we get it changed over this winter to run a 3 or 4 ecm we should be quite a bit closer to the some of those yellow motors in Ohio.

Ya pull in central Indiana have pulled few times in SW Ohio. The truck runs good for being a ddec 2, but if we get it changed over this winter to run a 3 or 4 ecm we should be quite a bit closer to the some of those yellow motors in Ohio.

12.7 or 14 liter?

I know of a tough running 12.7 that will hold its own.

12.7 or 14 liter?

I know of a tough running 12.7 that will hold its own.

Just a little 12.7, but as of right now the ddec 2 is holding the tuning back the ecms just aren't smart enough

Last edited:

Your truck is definitely a good puller. I'm really surprised it is a 12.7. Will you be at Brookville, IN 9/19?

There will most likely only be one hot truck at our fair on Friday night, almost all the other trucks you have seen.

We could use the numbers and it's okay to haul it in, I know you would like to get past that green IH.

There will most likely only be one hot truck at our fair on Friday night, almost all the other trucks you have seen.

We could use the numbers and it's okay to haul it in, I know you would like to get past that green IH.

We got past that truck two hooks in a row one with out his weights and once with them,and that was in July and haven't seen since. I will see if anybody can make it over Friday.