Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Me and my buddy that pulled the Coe last night were going to come over but the combine I thought I could get finished by noon Friday,ended up being 5 last night before it was done.

I just bought a 02 Pete 379 short hood. 6nz cat set at 550 for the moment with a 18 sp and 46 thousand full locking rears. Think I'm going to try to get it on hauling equipment around home. Needs a little tlc. Mostly polished up and that's it. Just couldn't pass it up. Only has 125,000 miles on it. I'll post pictures soon.

Just a video of my K100.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-94SaPsfUqk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-94SaPsfUqk[/ame]

I have a semi truck wiring question, and I figured this would be the best place to ask it.

I want to pull a trailer with a 7 flat wire RV style plug with a semi that has a 7 round wire receptacle. I've read some places that I need a converter box and other places say I don't. If some one could provide some definitive info I would really appreciate it.

Truck is a 1985 Volvo/White and I need to pull my gooseneck trailer with it.

I have a semi truck wiring question, and I figured this would be the best place to ask it.

I want to pull a trailer with a 7 flat wire RV style plug with a semi that has a 7 round wire receptacle. I've read some places that I need a converter box and other places say I don't. If some one could provide some definitive info I would really appreciate it.

You can just wire an adapter. Give me a bit and I'll type it out for ya. The only difference is the semi will have split turn and stop wires and split clearance and tail wires.

Hold please.

You will have to build an adapter cable or make your own converter box.

The turn signals will need to be combined with the stop signals. It will take some logic and/or relays to do it.

Example:
attachment.php

You will need to figure out exactly which configuration you have. There are several to choose from.

http://www.narva.com.au/products/browse/wiring-diagrams

Attachments

• Wiring.jpg
    Wiring.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This is the sheet that I keep in my glove box for just such occasions.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Wiring Diagrams.jpg
    Wiring Diagrams.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 0

The tail lights on the rear of truck should function correctly and you can run a jumper wire from the harness feeding then up to your trailer plug. Or you can jumper the correct wires right up by the turn signal switch in the cab. The turn signal switch is what separates the stop/turn lights from the dedicated turn lights. You'll have two wires that flash with the left turn signal but one will also be energized when you hit the brakes. You wanna put a diode in between the Stop/Turn wire feeding the dedicated turn wire. No fancy convertor boxes needed or relays. I had one of those boxes melt on me and almost burn a truck down.