Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Your B will handle 26-2700rpm easily.

Like BRE said, all 15spds with OD re a single over, the over drive is in the main box which is why high is up against the dash, along with the transmission just being an RTO and not a RTX series.

Is there even such thing as a double over? I was in a truck that had a high gear against the dash and I felt like 100mph was within the legs of this hot 855.

Is there even such thing as a double over? I was in a truck that had a high gear against the dash and I felt like 100mph was within the legs of this hot 855.
Depends on the tranny, a 15 has over in the main box so it only has one, earlier 13's and 18's have the standard od in the second box so you can swap the back 2 gears in the main and get an od in the main box too. The newer 18's have od in the main already with an X shift pattern.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RTLO 13 and 18 spds have two over drives in them, with the RTLO the back box is quite the opposite of an older RTO back box as it is actually an under drive, meaning that while the splitter is in the low side the back box is in under drive then in the high split the back box goes into direct, this is likely what helps them withstand more torque along with the upgraded bearings.

The old RTO when referring to a double over actually has 3 overdrive ratios, and is done with a 9 over main box and the overdrive back box, this gives .87, .74, and .62 over ratios.

RTLO 13 and 18 spds have two over drives in them, with the RTLO the back box is quite the opposite of an older RTO back box as it is actually an under drive, meaning that while the splitter is in the low side the back box is in under drive then in the high split the back box goes into direct, this is likely what helps them withstand more torque along with the upgraded bearings.

The old RTO when referring to a double over actually has 3 overdrive ratios, and is done with a 9 over main box and the overdrive back box, this gives .87, .74, and .62 over ratios.

I flipped the drive and driven gears and made an old RTO into a "double over" behind a 855 I put a 0 button and dual fed and had n14 turbo on... It was our toter before it burned up. Had a direct 9 speed and 3.55's, after triple OD was near or under 1500rpm at 55, lol. Had it going 103 and was around 2k rpm, I wasn't driving... But we were watching GPS for speed, lol.

I flipped the drive and driven gears and made an old RTO into a "double over" behind a 855 I put a 0 button and dual fed and had n14 turbo on... It was our toter before it burned up. Had a direct 9 speed and 3.55's, after triple OD was near or under 1500rpm at 55, lol. Had it going 103 and was around 2k rpm, I wasn't driving... But we were watching GPS for speed, lol.

Thats the common way to set one up if you have a 12513, the 14 and 15 series wont stand it for very long form what I have heard, though eaton did build a RTOO14613.

If you want to add some rpm to your B you should be able to adjust the high idle screw, it is under a cover on the back of the pump that has a single 1/4' bolt holding it on, adjust accordingly.

Your B will handle 26-2700rpm easily.

Like BRE said, all 15spds with OD re a single over, the over drive is in the main box which is why high is up against the dash, along with the transmission just being an RTO and not a RTX series.

Ok, thanks. I think I'm at 2250rpm now, maybe 2400. If you knew my brother, you would understand why I haven't got it to 2700rpm yet, lol.

15 speed double over?....

What gear ratio are in your rear ends?

My Freightliner has a 3406b, 15 speed and 3.90 gear ratio. Last season with the fuel screws out and a BW factory cat replacement charger I pulled mostly in 4th gear on the low side (which is not counting the deep reduction gears). I would be up against the governor (2700 rpm) about 150-200 feet and spin out at the end. If I pulled in 5th gear it would only carry about 1800-2000 rpm down the track and get under the charger at the end. It seemed to pull better in 4th gear.

I put together a speed calculator spreadsheet 4th gear agains the governor was like 24-25 mph, 5th gear at 1800-2000 rpm is around 20-21 mph, IIRC.

My brother's truck is 3.60-3.70 gears, plus 24.5 tall rubber. If I raise governer speed to 2700, I'm sure it'll do better and stay above turbo at the end. I think 4th in his truck is 24mph at 2250-2400 (whatever governer currently is) and that's actual on road with GPS. We wanna pull 25mph+ wheel speed to win.

By the way, we beat all other street trucks there last 2 years. Even a 700+HP fully deleted, ported manifold, big injectors, and big turbo ISX......lol but these aren't sled pulling guys, they don't like us because they think I'm lying to them about HP, the ISX guy told someone we are 850+HP trucks and we don't work them. And we were the ONLY 2 trucks that towed something to the pull...

Thanks guys!

Ok, thanks. I think I'm at 2250rpm now, maybe 2400. If you knew my brother, you would understand why I haven't got it to 2700rpm yet, lol.

My brother's truck is 3.60-3.70 gears, plus 24.5 tall rubber. If I raise governer speed to 2700, I'm sure it'll do better and stay above turbo at the end. I think 4th in his truck is 24mph at 2250-2400 (whatever governer currently is) and that's actual on road with GPS. We wanna pull 25mph+ wheel speed to win.

By the way, we beat all other street trucks there last 2 years. Even a 700+HP fully deleted, ported manifold, big injectors, and big turbo ISX......lol but these aren't sled pulling guys, they don't like us because they think I'm lying to them about HP, the ISX guy told someone we are 850+HP trucks and we don't work them. And we were the ONLY 2 trucks that towed something to the pull...

Thanks guys!

Try doing that to someone with a 855, LoL. My B runs well but it doesnt hold a candle to my 855.

Thanks guys!

You're a puller you know, but set up has a lot to do with it. Especially when these guys are trying to pull with closed shoulder tires.

My dads B used to beat up on everyone in this area with just the fuel screws out of the pump. Now that everyone else has got dedicated pullers, that's not the case.

Try doing that to someone with a 855, LoL. My B runs well but it doesnt hold a candle to my 855.

Oh I know, lol! That old cabover toter ran like a raped ape for having hardly no $ in cranking it up. And a local puller hear 6-7 years ago had a cabover Pete that he hauled to pulls on a lowboy. He had a 88mm turbo on it, and he was turning 4k rpm and beat a 4.1" dedicated pulling semi. But his Pete carried both front tires. I helped him some, he had a zero button, dual feed, 1" gearpump, bigger injectors, and a shut off valve on the return fuel rail actuated from the cab. When he would close the return rail pressure would go above 500 psi and that thing would turn into a whole new truck, lol!

I wish it didn't cost so much to throw some barrel & plungers in the Cat 3406b pump, then I'd throw some bigger injectors in it and really have some fun....

Last edited:
Oh I know, lol! That old cabover toter ran like a raped ape for having hardly no $ in cranking it up. And a local puller hear 6-7 years ago had a cabover Pete that he hauled to pulls on a lowboy. He had a 88mm turbo on it, and he was turning 4k rpm and beat a 4.1" dedicated pulling semi. But his Pete carried both front tires. I helped him some, he had a zero button, dual feed, 1" gearpump, bigger injectors, and a shut off valve on the return fuel rail actuated from the cab. When he would close the return rail pressure would go above 500 psi and that thing would turn into a whole new truck, lol!

I wish it didn't cost so much to throw some barrel & plungers in the Cat 3406b pump, then I'd throw some bigger injectors in it and really have some fun....

Throw some bigger nozzles in it now! That's what I'm doing here in a couple days.

How much? And where from?

What do does your brother do with the truck? Is it worked?

Call Jim at Diesel Controls in Massillon, Ohio. Cody turned me onto them. Jim is a great guy. He built a set of injectors for my small cam and is in the process of building a set of nozzles for my 3406, right now. He is opening a set of stock nozzles to 100% over. He told me they would be capable of 700 hp. Not very workable though.

What do does your brother do with the truck? Is it worked?

Call Jim at Diesel Controls in Massillon, Ohio. Cody turned me onto them. Jim is a great guy. He built a set of injectors for my small cam and is in the process of building a set of nozzles for my 3406, right now. He is opening a set of stock nozzles to 100% over. He told me they would be capable of 700 hp. Not very workable though.

Yes, pulls the 53ft van body with pulling truck to closer events...anything over 2 hrs we use the Detroit for cruise control and fuel efficiency, lol. And hauls grain in and out of the fields and to Co-Op during the year also. Oh, and occasional lowboy to haul some farm equipment...

Yes, pulls the 53ft van body with pulling truck to closer events...anything over 2 hrs we use the Detroit for cruise control and fuel efficiency, lol. And hauls grain in and out of the fields and to Co-Op during the year also. Oh, and occasional lowboy to haul some farm equipment...

How hot does it get now? Water and exhaust?

Might not want to go with much more fuel if he is working it like that.

Northwest Washington is such a beautiful area, it's too bad dumb@$$ libtardos had to ruin it.
d964de68a2bd48df3437cd5bbe026a14.jpg

61514afc459ca302ab552652da8a526d.jpg

00eccd5f3e7e719f02af380d6d2e2c89.jpg

They're like a virus, they kill a state and move to the next bringing their idiocy with them.
I loaded right down in the port area of Seattle today and I've never seen more squatters, transients, bums, and panhandlers in my life, there's tent cities under dam near every overpass....liberal policies at their finest.