Truckers, lets see your rigs!

How hot does it get now? Water and exhaust?

Might not want to go with much more fuel if he is working it like that.

With screws out and lugging it runs warm if you keep it flat footed, temps drop as rpm climbs...with bigger injectors would definitely have to put screws back or really watch the pyro and throttle useage...

Here's a big cat I just got back from frame paint. Dropped a valve on #5

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 0
Started as a 625 platinum rebuild. Now has iva delete,16:1 pistons, ported and coated manifold

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Started as a 625 platinum rebuild. Now has iva delete,16:1 pistons, ported and coated manifold

Good luck with those Platinum kit injectors. Last 3 kits had at least 2 injectors fail within a month. Sad really, Cat must be having China reman them along side the new Cummins parts.

Good luck with those Platinum kit injectors. Last 3 kits had at least 2 injectors fail within a month. Sad really, Cat must be having China reman them along side the new Cummins parts.
Just replaced 3 IVA remans on the same engine with no miles on them. Stuck pistons.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Some of you guys may have seen this on my Facebook... BXS with a Bosch based common rail system. I believe this is his maiden voyage. He said with some tweaking it should be a runner, and I tend to agree!

Sent from my flashscan v2

I'd like to know some details on this common rail setup! Awesome!

Bosch standalone ECM, pump is off of some large industrial engine driven with a custom gear box, injectors and lines come from a HP common rail QSK19 Cummins.

Power is comparable to cat fuel system and ECM, it just runs around 1000 more rpm.

So its another Bosch conversion on a Cat Engine?

When will Cat and Bosch work together....

Bosch standalone ECM, pump is off of some large industrial engine driven with a custom gear box, injectors and lines come from a HP common rail QSK19 Cummins.

Power is comparable to cat fuel system and ECM, it just runs around 1000 more rpm.

Pretty much the exact combo. He told me bosch bump underdriven to 80%, QSK60 modular common rail injectors, bosch ECU. I just thought it was pretty neat, not something you hear of every day!

Pretty much the exact combo. He told me bosch bump underdriven to 80%, QSK60 modular common rail injectors, bosch ECU. I just thought it was pretty neat, not something you hear of every day!

That modular common rail starts on the 19L, which in my opinion would have been just a cool to build. As of now there aren't a lot of places that can be ran, I think brush pulls and with the limited pro class and that is it.

Thing has some awesome machine work on it though.

674B7502-DA6A-49B1-8EDF-0245A6E101A8_zpsrgytsg25.jpg

So its another Bosch conversion on a Cat Engine?

When will Cat and Bosch work together....

Why would they, there is nothing cat needs from them, if it weren't for the tractor pulling world there wouldn't be the aftermarket for the Bosch pump parts, and cats ECM and fueling on a 3406E/C15 is capable of close to 3000hp.

CAT had a 3406 on the market running Bosch controls, they sold it to Navistar. Some blocks are Black, Some blocks are yellow.
It's a 3406 head with quill tube CR injection. The rail bolts to the bottom of the head above where the fuel filter would sit on most E cats.

CAT had a 3406 on the market running Bosch controls, they sold it to Navistar. Some blocks are Black, Some blocks are yellow.
It's a 3406 head with quill tube CR injection. The rail bolts to the bottom of the head above where the fuel filter would sit on most E cats.

Yep, but no one wants to touch a MX15 because of all the crap that you have to deal with.

From what I have seen the front gear train was completely changed to run the HPFP, but I swear the one I have seen had a belt driven water pump.