Truckers, lets see your rigs!

How'd you get the 2nd intermediate plate and the 3rd clutch plate in there? Special pressure plate casting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it looks like a stock Eaton casting, they just put stronger springs in it and replaced the cast floater plate with 2 thinner steel plates. I'll have to measure the plate casting and see if it's the same as stock.

http://kyclutch.com

Dayum. What's that run$$$$$? How's the pedal compared to say a 6000lb lipe?

Depends on the truck. A KW will have an easier pedal than a Pete because there is more linkage. I wouldn't use a Lipe as a boat anchor because it would be a waste of a good rope.

Never knew you could get an eaton like that. 2050 eaton didnt hold up, lipe kept breaking pivot pins.

No it looks like a stock Eaton casting, they just put stronger springs in it and replaced the cast floater plate with 2 thinner steel plates. I'll have to measure the plate casting and see if it's the same as stock.

http://kyclutch.com

That was my thought to get a third plate in there. But my concern was with warping the intermediate plate, being so thin.

Any concern with it being grabby with the iron disc and such a heavy plate load. Maybe a pain to drive.

Well you'll be lucky if its just an O ring and electrolysis hasn't ate the block away where the O rings sit. Just had one this year with the same issue, farm truck and sits all the time.

Freeze plug in head under valve cover. Apparently it was leaking enough from the ones on the outside leaking that the water level never got that high Friday when I was running it.

Chris

That was my thought to get a third plate in there. But my concern was with warping the intermediate plate, being so thin.

Any concern with it being grabby with the iron disc and such a heavy plate load. Maybe a pain to drive.

The thickest crower plate you can get is .330", it's not about the thickness just the quality of material.

Because those are full surface disc there aren't any edges to grab and dig into the plates, a clutch like mine would be more apt to catch on the plate because the puck has a leading edge.

Has anybody put a 70 pin cat in a former Detroit powered peterbilt?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well the crower we put in a puller hasn't warped them and they are way thinner. So unless you started in high range all the time like a swift driver I can't see it being an issue. Lmao

157a7b0eab6d6c5799d9c58ada81fc98.jpg

Ac condenser.
Trucks running extremely warm. Found that, changed it, no change.

Anyone got a hp estimate, 1LW, 58's, 5DS file, 7cz turbo?stock cam. Curious what it should make

And to top that off, just got done putting the fawking charge pipe back on cause I blew the boot off.

You gain the same 100hp and don't have the piston burner 58's. Especially with that c16 turbo if it has the 1.65 wastegated housing.

Haven't had any temp issues. Is there a better housing I could get to work with this combo?
Also, I just overhauled a 2ws, was all factory, and still ad the original cylinder head without the relief cuts. I don't see any cracks in it either. Worth saving?

Last edited: