Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Luckily nothing made it through the air-to-air

Is the original unit as far as I know so it was probably just time

The expansion joint, it doesn't leak when it's warmed up

Eat a cawk, smart a$$ hahaha

REPLACE YOUR AIR FILTERS!!!!! Seen several new turbos die because the aluminum chunks fly back into the cans.

REPLACE YOUR AIR FILTERS!!!!! Seen several new turbos die because the aluminum chunks fly back into the cans.
I'm ahead of you already. I did the air filters and changed the oil today.

as a side note, That new S478 I put on sounds awesome. Haha

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What do you cat experts think is the best file for a stock 2ws 475, its in a dump truck. Looking for best combo of power and fuel consumption. currently a 1750 tq. i can do the 600 file, dont know how the turbo will handle it. Thinkin a 550 bs file. Just scouting for input. Thanks

Pre low-Nox 550-550bs or 600. Anything newer than say 1998-1999 is chit

Yes there is. There are none for 6NZ/7CZ but the 2ws was originally pre EPA

Last edited:
Always been 15.8L which is why the Acert is more desirable because they're 15.2L with better internals.

Yes there is. There are none for 6NZ/7CZ but the 2ws was originally pre EPA

Thanks. I did not realize that. I do need another turbo now though. Anyone got a good turbo upgrade that might go with a 600/2050 file? Soo many options, I'm not sure what to do

Last edited:
Thanks. I did not realize that. I do need another turbo now though. Anyone got a good turbo upgrade that might go with a 600/2050 file? Soo many options, I'm not sure what to do
I'm super happy with that borg S478 we put on my truck.

I'm super happy with that borg S478 we put on my truck.

That's a good turbo and it a direct bolt on. 1.32 housing is a little small for bigger power but 1.45/1.58 is available. Still no replacement for twins. Tune/cam or bigger injectors the 1.58 helps slow the turbo down a bit.

I'm still trying to find a set of acert twins to put on it. But that borg charger seems to work quite well

I'm only running a tweaked 2WS 550/1850 file too, so I'm not making HUGE power, but it does run good.

Anyone know where to source aftermarket water to air intercoolers or factory setups that would be easily adaptable?

We have 2 series 60 Detroits and one 3406E used for stationary power supply for hammer mills, and I would like to ditch the air to airs to make the radiators easier to clean and because I am assuming the air to air is not efficient in a stationary application

Not off the top of my head, the few I've worked on have all had the cooling pack out of a highway truck. One guy they tried to bolt the fan on backwards to push air through the radiator and it failed miserably. The fan hubs are not made for the thrust load to pull, this one lasted less than 5min with the fan pushing.

You wanting to use engine coolant in the A2W, or another source?

Any ideas how a 3406B could put every drop of water it has in it to the oil pan, and put a little oil in the water too?

New oil cooler due to oil in radiator, new radiator as well. It had freeze plugs behind exhaust manifold pushed out that we fixed this morning.

Chris