Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Does anybody know if there's any real difference between a truck steerable lift and a trailer one? I have 2 off of trucks and I was going hang one of them off a trailer but I've noticed that they sell them as completely separate parts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The truck units usually have a droop in the middle to accommodate the driveshaft. Widths vary on what tire you plan to run as well obviously.

The truck units usually have a droop in the middle to accommodate the driveshaft. Widths vary on what tire you plan to run as well obviously.
You don't think there's any difference in the way they set the Ackerman?

There may be. I guess measuring the distance from center of wheel to where the tie rod mounts would give you an idea of how similar or dissimilar they are. I would imagine suspension geometry will vary depending on which trailer and which truck they are made for as well. Obviously a frameless dump sits much higher than most frame rails.

I've mostly been around non steerable tags when it comes to trailers. So take what I am saying with a grain of salt. Just pointing out some things to check.

There may be. I guess measuring the distance from center of wheel to where the tie rod mounts would give you an idea of how similar or dissimilar they are. I would imagine suspension geometry will vary depending on which trailer and which truck they are made for as well. Obviously a frameless dump sits much higher than most frame rails.

I've mostly been around non steerable tags when it comes to trailers. So take what I am saying with a grain of salt. Just pointing out some things to check.
Yeah, and now that I think about it, pretty much all trailer frames are going to be higher than a trucks. Might just look into trading one of the for a trailer axle.

Yeah, and now that I think about it, pretty much all trailer frames are going to be higher than a trucks. Might just look into trading one of the for a trailer axle.

Steerable trailer lifts are PITA.

Went to wild lights at the zoo tonight, had this old rig by the main gate.
20e7a061ae29b33047c7b542c92c365c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Why's that?

Tie rods, king pins and you have to remember to lift it before you back up (or have the system that does it using ABS.) They make them that lock the steering in reverse but they're $$$. Unless you REALLY need steerable just add the Hendrickson UBL lift kit to a normal axle. Kit is $500 with no valves.

Tie rods, king pins and you have to remember to lift it before you back up (or have the system that does it using ABS.) They make them that lock the steering in reverse but they're $$$. Unless you REALLY need steerable just add the Hendrickson UBL lift kit to a normal axle. Kit is $500 with no valves.
OK, I'll look into that. Mostly it was because I already have a steerable sitting around and I thought it would shorten the effective length of the trailer by about 4 feet but for the most part when it matters I'll be going slow enough that I could just pick it up.

Anyone know max boost on a cat before derate, Acert or single??

Never seen a 120pin derate for boost. Seen 80psi. 70pin and some 40pin files is 50psi but the 70 pins is a silent derate with no codes and you can barely tell it's cutting fuel.

Only engines with the solenoid in the inlet manifold Derate for boost pressure not responding to my knowledge.

Something smart goes here

Just dropped of last nite for some rejuvenation therapy under the hood

Last edited:
Back