Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Yea. No reason why not....

I work this thing fairly hard.
Gross is close to 45,000 lbs right here, but if I have the transfer tank, 2 work platforms, and spreader bar, I’ll just clear 46,000 lbs.

Attachments

• 9CCAA1BD-0E9F-4D2D-B232-10CD2F2A8899.jpg
    9CCAA1BD-0E9F-4D2D-B232-10CD2F2A8899.jpg
    504.9 KB · Views: 0
Didnt think those were that heavy
They average between 17-24k depending on the configuration of the machine. Trailer might weigh 7-8k, and the truck might be 8-10k.... Its a lot of weight for sure but.... 46k?
I've moved a few
c32ae76ebed709eba7f4f9a4dc2390c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

Didnt think those were that heavy

It’s a 6042. 6000 lb lift capacity, 42’ reach. Tires are foam filled and it has a counterweight.
It weighs just over 28,000 lbs, truck and trailer are a touch over 16,000.
Add 2 work platforms, spreader bar, 150 gallon transfer tank (none of that is on the load pictured) and have the truck and lift full of fuel, it’ll just clear 46,000 lbs gross.

Last edited:
Still 6.0?

Oringed heads, ARP 425 headstuds, 155/stock injectors, SCT X4 with an aggressive Tow tune, Irate T-4 wrapped with DEI Titanium header wrap, SXE 362/68/.83, CSF 6013 intercooler, Autometer gauges, and a big auxiliary engine oil cooler that I built.
Trans is stock, suspension is stock, load range G tires all the way around. 245/70-19.5 Goodyear G622’s on the truck, and SureTrac on the trailer.

I work this thing fairly hard.
Gross is close to 45,000 lbs right here, but if I have the transfer tank, 2 work platforms, and spreader bar, I’ll just clear 46,000 lbs.

They average between 17-24k depending on the configuration of the machine. Trailer might weigh 7-8k, and the truck might be 8-10k.... Its a lot of weight for sure but.... 46k?
I've moved a few
c32ae76ebed709eba7f4f9a4dc2390c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

And how many of you have CDLs and keep a log book....

About any 3/4-1 ton with a decent trailer would require a class A. If you just ran around the city or a very small area, you could probably get away without one for a while.

About any 3/4-1 ton with a decent trailer would require a class A. If you just ran around the city or a very small area, you could probably get away without one for a while.

I believe the only way you could get away with no CDL is to own the rig, and to haul only your own farm product, for your own use, within 150 air miles of home.

I believe the only way you could get away with no CDL is to own the rig, and to haul only your own farm product, for your own use, within 150 air miles of home.

You must live in Oklahoma. That is exactly how OK law is written...at least for anything over 12,001# straight truck or 26,001# combination.

It’s a 6042. 6000 lb lift capacity, 42’ reach. Tires are foam filled and it has a counterweight.
It weighs just over 28,000 lbs, truck and trailer are a touch over 16,000.
Add 2 work platforms, spreader bar, 150 gallon transfer tank (none of that is on the load pictured) and have the truck and lift full of fuel, it’ll just clear 46,000 lbs gross.

I’m confused how that’s even legal, so roughly 30k (machine and extras) trailer weights what 8k? So you would need 14k pounds of tongue/ball weight to not over load the axles?

I’m confused how that’s even legal, so roughly 30k (machine and extras) trailer weights what 8k? So you would need 14k pounds of tongue/ball weight to not over load the axles?

That's not legal...period. That is a public safety hazard. Extremely over weight on truck rating, axle rating, tire ratings, brake ratings, etc. These are the people that make them create more rules for the rest of us to follow. :banned:

That's not legal...period. That is a public safety hazard. Extremely over weight on truck rating, axle rating, tire ratings, brake ratings, etc. These are the people that make them create more rules for the rest of us to follow. :banned:

It is legal.
I’ve asked multiple DOT officers (we’ve built structures for several).
You must be properly licensed, tagged, insured, secured, and you must have tires that are rated for the amount of weight you are carrying.
I’m sure some of that varies from state to state.
The tires on that rig would allow me to be nearly 58,000 lbs gross. I am allowed 7,000 lbs on the steer axle, 12,000 lbs on the drive axle, and 34,000 lbs on the trailer axles. Do the math on that, 53,000 lbs.
Would I do that? No, because I’m not tagged for that, and I couldn’t get 34,000 lbs on the trailer without over loading the drive, and I would be nervous about effectively stopping that weight. Mid 40,000 lbs is bad enough.

It is legal.
I’ve asked multiple DOT officers (we’ve built structures for several).
You must be properly licensed, tagged, insured, secured, and you must have tires that are rated for the amount of weight you are carrying.
I’m sure some of that varies from state to state.
The tires on that rig would allow me to be nearly 58,000 lbs gross. I am allowed 7,000 lbs on the steer axle, 12,000 lbs on the drive axle, and 34,000 lbs on the trailer axles. Do the math on that, 53,000 lbs.
Would I do that? No, because I’m not tagged for that, and I couldn’t get 34,000 lbs on the trailer without over loading the drive, and I would be nervous about effectively stopping that weight. Mid 40,000 lbs is bad enough.

How can you haul 34k on axles that are rated for 24k

The way I understand it is, I’m legally allowed to haul that, if my tire rating is sufficient, but it I have an equipment failure (bearing, hub, axle, etc) the manufacturer cannot be held responsible.

Um, NO lol. I also zoomed in and see that’s a big Tex 22gn which is 10k pound axles unless they’ve been replaced

Um, NO lol. I also zoomed in and see that’s a big Tex 22gn which is 10k pound axles unless they’ve been replaced

Well, I’m not gonna argue on and on about it.
I’ve asked multiple law enforcement officers about it, and relayed what I have been told. Until I’m told otherwise by law enforcement I’ll probably continue.
I’m not saying this is how it is in every state, but how it is here.
Texas use to be similar, don’t know how it is now. When I lived there I was told “you can tag it for whatever your tires are rated for”.