Tubular Exhaust Manifold

Looks Great :clap:, Hows things coming along? :poke:
Pm sent.

Fireman450

Looks Great :clap:, Hows things coming along? :poke:
Pm sent.

Fireman450

I just got done with my last exam:bang Jeezus. A few beers made it all better. I might try to get it on there tomorrow. I took a 130 mile trip and logged egts at different mph, and at WOT, taking into consideration ambient temperature. My clutch is barely hanging on, so there isn't much point in any dyno sessions. I'm trying to make it through the winter before buying a pulling clutch. I've got a good feel for this turbo on the stock manifold. I should be able to provide a pretty solid report.

Hows it comin Bodie? Not tryin to rush you but my stock manifold is cracked into two seperate pieces now, but I gotta keep drivin it cause its my dd! So I hope your making progress!

I'm not worried about moisture. 1400 degrees should take care of any moisture that makes it's way on to the manifold:hehe:

I live in CA, this truck has never seen a muddy road.

Have you ever sandblasted metal in cold moist weather and watched the rust form when you heat it up and the moisture burns off?

I've not gotten mine on yet, been busy during the hollidays. Hope to have it on before I hit TNT's dyno but we'll see how it goes.

Hey guy's hate to butt in on your form Brushpuller told me some of you were wanting to buy some T-4 turbo flanges and 12-V head plates he has a family member sick so he has been busy but I'm the one who made the plates and part of his header it was a joint project in my shop the picture pinion twister put on the form is of both headers the second I built for my truck with twins if anyone is interested in flanges or whatever I have the cad software to draw what ever needs made and can get it burnt out if your interested let me know, I also have pics of my hot pipe and cold pipes for my twins

One last round of pics before it goes on. Had some header wrap left over from a chopper build, decided to use it.

Before

manifold001.jpg

After

manifold006.jpg

After after...

manifold.jpg

We wrapped some of the first headers we built and they did not last as long. They we more prone to cracking. I don't know if you will have a problem but just thought I would throw that out there.

We wrapped some of the first headers we built and they did not last as long. They we more prone to cracking. I don't know if you will have a problem but just thought I would throw that out there.

Thanks for the heads up.

Just woundering how the mounting flanges are holding up, thier was a guy hear in missour that was haveing stainless steel manifolds made up and they would shrink or crack. These look a lot better and I am very interested in one of them.

I have been working on them straight for my last vacation days this week, and will get most of them done before the new year.

busy, busy, busy:bang

I have been working on them straight for my last vacation days this week, and will get most of them done before the new year.

busy, busy, busy:bang

good deal man, im really looking forward to it, im hoping to have my truck together and running by the end of january, and unfortunately I wont have any data for a back to back test but i will be sure to get a TIP gauge set-up for testing/tuning purposes

If just wrapping a header or exhaust causes cracking of that part then you may have other issues to consider.Another thing to remember is to NEVER wrap a exhaust part that has been temp coated due to already being treated to contain heat when you wrap it along with that coating it will cause premature failure of that part due to excessive heat.

Wrapping is a great alternative for those who do not have their exhaust parts thermal coated it just isn't as eye appealing.One last thing to keep in mind with header wrap,not all wraps are created equal and some are alot better than others do some research on them before you just buy the cheapest as sometimes a bargain isn't what it seems.........Andy

Pics didn't turn out well thanks to my phone camera. I'll follow up with some better pics once I get it all back together!

0103091253.jpg

0103091253a.jpg

0103091253b.jpg

0103091254.jpg

good deal man, im really looking forward to it, im hoping to have my truck together and running by the end of january, and unfortunately I wont have any data for a back to back test but i will be sure to get a TIP gauge set-up for testing/tuning purposes

Pics didn't turn out well thanks to my phone camera. I'll follow up with some better pics once I get it all back together!

0103091253.jpg

0103091253a.jpg

0103091253b.jpg

0103091254.jpg

Looking good.... I cant wait to get mine.....