Tubular Exhaust Manifold

Is that collector divided? Little different, 2 into one 4 into the other?
I sure like the looks of the flow, nice turn, would like to see three and three along with a divider, but that same nice path, and then straighten out, to give some "strait time" before it hits the turbo.

My Htt manifold, when I ported it out, you stare down the path, and flow wise it looks like it hits a flat wall, then quick turn to the turbo....gota be a better solution.

Cool to see your results!

I really liked Bodie's attitude about this part. He never claimed to do any scientific analysis on the design. He simply built something HE thougt would work, and has great results with the manifold on his truck. I like that approach. Build it, test it. If it works, it works. I'm anxious to get this thing on too, but I want to establish some solid numbers with the stock manifold to really give a good comparison between stock, and this manifold.

Good plan! Need some time with that new turbo to get a good feel for it and a good baseline.
Lookin good in black!

That black looks good man! From the looks of those pics it didnt look like the silver coating shipped very well.

The 3rd gens are not divided right now, but we will learn a lot from jliberts truck, and if split will do a better job I am not scared to cut them up and run number 3 back with 6 and 5. It has a split flange, but it is pointed on the inside.

We'll see.:rockwoot:

That black looks good man! From the looks of those pics it didnt look like the silver coating shipped very well.

The 3rd gens are not divided right now, but we will learn a lot from jliberts truck, and if split will do a better job I am not scared to cut them up and run number 3 back with 6 and 5. It has a split flange, but it is pointed on the inside.

We'll see.:rockwoot:

I'm thinking you should go all black from now on :rockwoot:

I might wrap it too.

Are there any videos of brushpullers truck floating around on the web? Im interested to see what it would sound like with that manifold installed.

I'd like to see some video with decent sound quality of Brushpuller or Bodie's truck with this manifold too. The clips at the beginning of this thread give an idea what it sounds like but how about some shots from the side of a road with the truck passing by accelerating at different rates (from easy to fairly aggressive) to see what it sounds like during "normal" driving.

With the 4x2 separation it seems to give the exhaust a throaty bark, sounds kinda cool. With that configuration the pulses would be
(3 complete cycles of firing order shown, "O" =exhaust pulse & X= pulse from opposite exhaust outlet)

x 0 x 0 x x x 0 x 0 x x x 0 x 0 x x (back outlet of manifold)
0 x 0 x 0 0 0 x 0 x 0 0 0 x 0 x 0 0 (front outlet)

Vaughn

I think the reason that the header made the truck quiter is that when you free up the exh. flow the engine is freed up. An engine in a strain makes more noise...
Also before i put the venturi in the collector the exh. gas was hotter while driving and towing.... like 200! Whitch was the loss of drive psi and the turbo was spining slower.

WUnderwood.... Thats not me!!!! Wish it was though, thats a bad a$$ truck!

My truck is a 99, gray, shot bed ext. cab

One last round of pics before it goes on. Had some header wrap left over from a chopper build, decided to use it.

Before

manifold001.jpg

After

manifold006.jpg

After after...

manifold.jpg

One last round of pics before it goes on. Had some header wrap left over from a chopper build, decided to use it.

Before

After

After after...

[

did you spray it after you wrapped it, to keep moisture out?

Start another thread with the chopper pics, please!! :D

believe it or not, I don't have one single digital pic. They were stored on a computer, and the hard drive locked up. I have one pic that I might be able to get scanned. I'll work on it.

did you spray it after you wrapped it, to keep moisture out?

I'm not worried about moisture. 1400 degrees should take care of any moisture that makes it's way on to the manifold:hehe:

I live in CA, this truck has never seen a muddy road.