Tubular Exhaust Manifold

what kind of metal did u use if you dont mind me asking?? thanks

Now now.....be nice before I post this

Wont there be more of a benifit to having the tubes equal length opposed to just have straight runners. I come from a big drag racing back ground and we always had equal length headers. I ve seen the one that greg did and besides everyone bashing the tabs not being centered what is the benifit of having a non equal runner , like the one above, opposed to gregs equal length manifold. I personally think you would get more of a benifit to having equal length runners

Just my thought

Use the search feature...this has been beat to death here.
And for the record...that is NOT Greg's manifold...it's just a part he sells.

Sorry man, here is one... I wont be on here much for a while, as I will be in the shop...

IMG_2090.jpg

that looks super nice. The second gen manifolds the coolest!

Awesome Bodie! Looks great! My 12v would look great with one of those!

SO is there any chance your going to sale just the flanges as well as the complete manifold?

Hmmmmmm. I think I might have to invest in one of these when I do twins on my truck. Looks good.

Great work Speedshift. How about a couple pics from the backside of the turbo flange?

Now now.....be nice before I post this

Wont there be more of a benifit to having the tubes equal length opposed to just have straight runners. I come from a big drag racing back ground and we always had equal length headers. I ve seen the one that greg did and besides everyone bashing the tabs not being centered what is the benifit of having a non equal runner , like the one above, opposed to gregs equal length manifold. I personally think you would get more of a benifit to having equal length runners

Just my thought

The equal length runners make a big difference, especially in spooling. The primary reason is that you direct each pulse towards the volute of the turbo and the turbine wheel without diluting them. a log manifold allows the pulses to somewhat cancel each other out , and also allows them to put a pressure wave back up the other cylinders as they open their exhaust valves , and this pulse wave acts during what little overlap that exist in a diesel.
The work looks great , it’s a great representation of the cast log manifold in a header.

The equal length runners make a big difference, especially in spooling. The primary reason is that you direct each pulse towards the volute of the turbo and the turbine wheel without diluting them. a log manifold allows the pulses to somewhat cancel each other out , and also allows them to put a pressure wave back up the other cylinders as they open their exhaust valves , and this pulse wave acts during what little overlap that exist in a diesel.
The work looks great , it’s a great representation of the cast log manifold in a header.

I think I see what you are saying but equal length has nothing to do with it imho, it's just the fact that each of the primaries is delivered directly to the flange instead of into the adjacent primary then into the flange. Just so happens I think most equal length pieces seen thus far empty directly into the flange instead of into an adjacent primary. Time will tell.