Tubular Exhaust Manifold

Thanks guys! These are done with Thermo-tec header coating, I we will see how it holds up.

That looks real nice!!!! I made one this spring and loved the mid to upper range that it gave. I also dynod befor and after it made 26hp and 38tq on danville performances dyno. I made mine with equal length tubing. ALso found out that its best to have the flange seperated 3 cylinders & 3 cylinders...more bottom end, with out it i lost velocity to spool the turbo!

It seems to me that the separation of cylinders into the flange is what would make the best power. Bodie's seems to go into the flange discretely on 3, 4, pair of 5 and 6, and pair of 1 and 2. Not totally discretely but more so then the stock piece. We'll see soon enough. I need to address some other issues before getting this manifold on!

The size of the flang opening has a lot of influnce on turbo spool up. I messed with mine for monthes and finally welder a small venturi in the collector/flange to speed up the air going into the turbo housing. This helped dramaticly on the bottom end and didnt hurt the mid and top end power! I built mine with equal length tubes BUT i dont think that matter in a turbo set up cause equal lengths helps scavenging in witch a turbo diesel has back psi in the header. When i finally was happy with the header i had 1.1 to 1 back psi to boost.

That's a really interesting idea brushpuller with the venturi! Pretty cool man!

I have a turbonetics t66 with a .84 a/r t4 housing. I'm currently running it on the stock manifold with the tnetics supplied t3/t4 adapter. I'm thinking opening up to Bodie's manifold with the bigger t4 flange should make a big difference for me but only time will tell!

I can also hook ya all up with header flanges and t3 or t4 flanges. I have access to a laser... so let me know what ya need and i can get ya a price!

Here is a pic. of brushpullers equal length header.
The other is a different design built for a twin set-up.

Attachments

• header_0[1].jpeg
    header_0[1].jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 209
  • new_design[1].jpeg
    new_design[1].jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 179
3RD Gen T3

manifold002.jpg

manifold003.jpg

manifold004.jpg

I just swapped turbos, so I'm going to get some base lines established with the stock manifold. I'll probably install this think in the next week or so.

Thanks Bodie.

-JP

Here is a pic. of brushpullers equal length header.
The other is a different design built for a twin set-up.

Are there any videos of brushpullers truck floating around on the web? Im interested to see what it would sound like with that manifold installed.

Believe it or not... my truck was a lot quieter with the header on!!! Kinda sucked... I like it loud!!!! LOL

Is that collector divided? Little different, 2 into one 4 into the other?
I sure like the looks of the flow, nice turn, would like to see three and three along with a divider, but that same nice path, and then straighten out, to give some "strait time" before it hits the turbo.

My Htt manifold, when I ported it out, you stare down the path, and flow wise it looks like it hits a flat wall, then quick turn to the turbo....gota be a better solution.

Cool to see your results!