Tubular Exhaust Manifold

who said they were 1300 , I've sold many , many sets for $875 ,
I just made 917 hp with a single pump , single turbo , and a .110 nitrous jet , with these headers , so they don't cost that much

I did, the street toys headers are $1249, after shipping you are going to have a $1300 part. Greg I am not bashing you or the products the sell.

I dont want this to be one of "those" threads...

Guys, Thanks for all the support! I am working my azz off so I can get some out. My wifes mad at me, the babies crying for me, Im working 84hrs a week at my regular job, but I will get-er-done:rockwoot:

:Cheer::Cheer:Heres one for you guys.:Cheer::Cheer:

Just so you fellas know stainless is not the best metal in an exhaust manifold. At 1700 F for extended periods stainless losses it's properties. It will become basically carbon steel. I sure like the thread.

I'm choosing no sides on this argument, but one thing worth mentioning (and that seems to have not been mentioned before) is that the cost of these things is more than just "how much metal is there." You pay for R&D, tooling, material, labor, and most often some profit. Especially for the cummins, where we are currently seeing basic production pieces coming from different vendors. Give it a couple of years, the prices will drop dramatically as people are selling more and more pieces and competing for your dollar

:clap:

Just so you fellas know stainless is not the best metal in an exhaust manifold. At 1700 F for extended periods stainless losses it's properties. It will become basically carbon steel. I sure like the thread.

our trucks shouldn't see 1700 for extended periods anyways, right?

Would a polydyn type coating inside and out help protect the steel?

Any new pics Bodie?

NONONO...

Stainless mantains its strength and properties to a much higher temp than MOST carbon steel.

It really depends on what you are using...

Per ASME allowable stress values...

Carbon Pipe/Tube

SA178 2.5 ksi @1000 max
SA179 2.1 ksi @ 1000 max
SA53 4.3ksi @ 900 max
SA106 2.5 ksi @ 1000 max

SA-36 plate is lower even...so SA-516 Grade 70 for a flange is close to the above.

YUCK!

COMMON Stainless Pipe/Tube

SA-312 type 316 1.3 ksi @ 1500

COMMON Stainless Plate

SA-240 Type 304 1.3 ksi @ 1500

Type 304 is lower...

I know ASME is conservative...but it gives an idea for comparison.

So...stainless all the way...if you can afford it.

I'm choosing no sides on this argument, but one thing worth mentioning (and that seems to have not been mentioned before) is that the cost of these things is more than just "how much metal is there." You pay for R&D, tooling, material, labor, and most often some profit. Especially for the cummins, where we are currently seeing basic production pieces coming from different vendors. Give it a couple of years, the prices will drop dramatically as people are selling more and more pieces and competing for your dollar

you mean like 24v valvesprings? :)

Kooks isn't the only high-falutin game in town when it comes to headers... competition brings prices down

Any new pics Bodie?

No, I need to order some flanges and more bends. The only thing wrong with that is to get the cost down on the flanges I have to buy at least 4 of each type, along with drawing fees it is close to $2000 for the investment. I just dont have that kind of money right now.

I really need to get some guys to test these for me before I start selling them for a profit. Here are the different styles I will offer

2nd gen 24v - T3 & T4

12v - T3 & T4

3rd gen - T3 & T4

The T4 flanges will be configured a little differently, so I can offer a single or twin version for the T4 manifold. (BTW if you need a T4 for a top turbo you are one bad mo-fo) All T3s will be twin turbo compatable except for the 3rd gen.

I need some guys to abuse these things for me. Please shoot me a PM and let me know what you are interested in, T3 or T4 ect ect.

Bodie, your PM box is full.

Just tell me when you need the money. this will be awesome since i wont need the T3-T4 adapter now.

are all 2nd gens not the same?

I want to test one bud but I don't drive this thing enough to give you any good Feedback

I could test one out on my 12 valve.. Im in texas and drive this thing daily... Pm me the details... I also have a dyno available to dyno back to back...

Ok my box is cleared....

Yes sir Scott, all the 24v 2nd gens are the same. Some guys just want the T4 flange instead.

All I need testers to cover is the cost of parts, which ends up being cheaper than a new cast manifold....

Not sure if you recieved my 2nd PM Bodie but count me in. Let me know when you need the money.

Bodie, if you didn't get my pm call my cell at 4434970837. Thanks.

Nick