Tubular Exhaust Manifold

Bodie, do you have any stickers made up? I wouldn't mind throwing one on my truck.

bodie...does ashley know how to weld? looks like you got lots of headers to fab up! oh and i got my ap90's in the mail this week!!!!

LOL Naaaahh she cant weld. I say "baby all you have to do is stand there and look good, ill do the rest":hehe: We are both content.:hehe:

Let me know how those injectors work out for ya, Ryan is wanting some real bad as well.:rockwoot:

12v CAD model anyone?
attachment.php

Attachments

• cummins bt manifold.jpg
    cummins bt manifold.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 561
i gotta start getting into some more CAD stuff so some day i can make some custom parts for the truck!

i gotta start getting into some more CAD stuff so some day i can make some custom parts for the truck!

Man that CAD stuff is sweet, I was looking into Solid Works a couple years ago, you can do stress analisys, heat, friction, all kinds of cool stuff.:rockwoot:

if you ever need another tester or even when you get it done. Im game. Running twins and still seeing around 1500-1600 degrees.

I will start the betas soon, and I will keep you guys updated with pics. There will be some T4 and T3 headers for 12v and 24v for you guys to see. Also a better finished 3rd gen T3 with wj flanges.:rockwoot:

there is a company called Houston Unlimited Inc. in chappel hill,tx. and they do metal coatings and its a dul black or shiney black (whichever you choose) coating that makes it rust proof and can take the high temps of exhaust manifolds.

the coatings are used to harden surfaces and make the metal more "slippery" (less friction) when oil is gets on it with out distorting tight tolerences for the guys who want to free up some hp they could help by coating cranks,ring & pinion, etc. they process parts for MSD and AJ Foyt

the prices are calc. by weight not sure what the price is but its under a dollar per pound.

does anyone happen to know what size the manifold bolts are ?

better yet, what size the ATS bolts are ?

10 x 7.25 on turbo to ex. manifold bolts iirc.
i think they're the same but could be wrong.

there is a company called Houston Unlimited Inc. in chappel hill,tx. and they do metal coatings and its a dul black or shiney black (whichever you choose) coating that makes it rust proof and can take the high temps of exhaust manifolds.

the coatings are used to harden surfaces and make the metal more "slippery" (less friction) when oil is gets on it with out distorting tight tolerences for the guys who want to free up some hp they could help by coating cranks,ring & pinion, etc. they process parts for MSD and AJ Foyt

the prices are calc. by weight not sure what the price is but its under a dollar per pound.

Do they have a website??? I wonder how well these coatings would hold the heat in the header??? HMMMM Wesley

I really like this Idea... the salt bath part of process is sort of how high end custom rifles are blued.

The only thing wrong with that is to get the cost down on the flanges I have to buy at least 4 of each type, along with drawing fees it is close to $2000 for the investment. I just dont have that kind of money right now.

That's insane!

Sorry, I realize I am a new poster here, but they are hosing you.

PM me and I will draw it for free, put it in .DXF format to do a direct burn, and get quotes from the Laser guys next door. ( central Illinois )

If you can rough sketch it out, I can draw it and email it in .PDF for you to print and hold over the manifold to verify before they burn.

Like I seaid earlier a laser would be much cheaper than water jet. Laser will give you plenty good enough cut quality.

That's insane!

Sorry, I realize I am a new poster here, but they are hosing you.

PM me and I will draw it for free, put it in .DXF format to do a direct burn, and get quotes from the Laser guys next door. ( central Illinois )

If you can rough sketch it out, I can draw it and email it in .PDF for you to print and hold over the manifold to verify before they burn.