Vandalisim in a Hotel Parkin lot

sharp looking truck, hate to hear that someone did that to your truck. hope they get caught in have to help pay to fix it.

Update 1. Insurance adjuster just left, and of course I now have an estimate of what they are willing to do/ pay. Now, I had my grandfather look it over as soon as I got in Sunday because he is a well known body man in our area.. He gave me his opinions so I had an idea of what I should expect.. What I was not expecting is the adjuster to try and tell me they would need to either replace one side of the bed or put patch panels in!!!
So after trying to keep calm and talk it over we decided it would be best to write the check to MY name and I will have it done the way I believe is correct.. Which is looking like the truck will be stripped, repaired and painted over. I just cant imagine anything less than factory body panels or paying for someone to attempt and match the blacks..

I'll try to keep everyone updated as I find out more..

On edit: The G.M. of the hotel is out this evening so I will have to wait until tomorrow to contact him and see where we stand on video.

dude that sucks.i wish my obs paint and body was as good as yours(mines black also).hopefully they will catch whoever did this and you can drag them behind your truck use them for a sled too pull.jealousy makes people do stupid things

We ALL wish you luck and success on getting it back to what it was. You may never find out who did it, but people that do stuff like that will continue to do stupid chit, and it WILL catch up with them, sooner or later. The pictures are beautiful, it's obvious that you take a great deal of pride in it, and I can see why you would be upset, hell my truck's a rust bucket and I'd be pissed too! Good Luck, keep us posted ......."EBONY OBS ROCKS"!:rockwoot:

I remember seeing that truck come threw our hotel parkin lot..that thing was very clean and nice..i hope you find the person who did this..

This is my truck, that was vandalized yesterday morning..

first off you have the nicest OBS ford i have ever seen, absolutly beautiful.

second these A holes need to get found and brought to justice (physically), i personally have had my truck vandalized and honestly i think id rather have myself beat up then have my truck even touched.

and third i personally know how you feel and i think i speak for alot of us on comp D, if you need help with anything let us know. this needs to get figured out.

Update 1. Insurance adjuster just left, and of course I now have an estimate of what they are willing to do/ pay. Now, I had my grandfather look it over as soon as I got in Sunday because he is a well known body man in our area.. He gave me his opinions so I had an idea of what I should expect.. What I was not expecting is the adjuster to try and tell me they would need to either replace one side of the bed or put patch panels in!!!
So after trying to keep calm and talk it over we decided it would be best to write the check to MY name and I will have it done the way I believe is correct.. Which is looking like the truck will be stripped, repaired and painted over. I just cant imagine anything less than factory body panels or paying for someone to attempt and match the blacks..

I'll try to keep everyone updated as I find out more..

On edit: The G.M. of the hotel is out this evening so I will have to wait until tomorrow to contact him and see where we stand on video.

DO NOT CASH THAT CHECK OR SIGN ANY PAPERS UNTIL YOU HAVE A FINAL ESTIMATE FROM A REPUTABLE SHOP.

If you do your screwed. Insurance adjusters only look at the bottom line. Your not on that line.

What the hell is the point of having a camera when the footage isn't even usable?? It seems that's all you ever hear about. Why is it so difficult to get a decent camera?

Very nice truck though, I love the OBS trucks. And keeping a black one in good shape is no easy task at all. Only to have these guys that are a waste of space destroy it. I hope you can get it back to it's original glory with few headaches from the insurance company.

WOW that sucks...

I'm a couple hours from BG if you need anything man.

That sucks man, i know exactly how you feel. my early 99 was immaculate before this...

Attachments

• IMG00218-20100417-1628.jpg
    IMG00218-20100417-1628.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00219-20100417-1628.jpg
    IMG00219-20100417-1628.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00220-20100417-1628.jpg
    IMG00220-20100417-1628.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00221-20100417-1628.jpg
    IMG00221-20100417-1628.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 0
He got 2nd place? I would be looking into who got 3rd place and so forth. I don't see any other reason someone would fuk up a nice OBS.

I got 3rd in the S&S, with the black 6.7... I doubt anyone not winning the show & shine would cause them to go deface the one that beat them... :umno:

Sorry about your truck man, I had my wife's car broken into and my .38 s&w j-frame stolen from the glovebox the day before I drove up to the event if it makes you feel any better :doh:

Okay guys, was finally able to get the executive office to send me some of the "touched up" still shots so here are a few.
Note: these are by no means good quality but its what they said they could do..

While they're in the act..

And, leaving..

Strange thing is the entire time there are multiple people around, walking into the hotel and there was a black man that even I saw carrying what looked to be an inflatable mattress through the parking lot right by my truck..:doh:
Idk if I posted that picture but you can see him middle screen in one of them..

Last edited:
Truck looks to be either a Toyota tundra or a tacoma.
I do remember seeing the azz end of it drive by in the side view mirror of the car I was in... :(:banghead: How I felt after seeing that.

Truck looks to be either a Toyota tundra or a tacoma.
I do remember seeing the azz end of it drive by in the side view mirror of the car I was in... :(:banghead: How I felt after seeing that.

Exactly the style of truck it looks like to me.

If anyone has any further idea's or suggestions as to how to clean these up or would be willing to help me out I am open to any help or tips..

See if the hotel can provide you with a guest list for the night and start calling. You may get lucky.