Vandalisim in a Hotel Parkin lot

man that sucks to hear my pickup was spraypainted last fall. i hope you find them and that was a clean looking OBS

That sucks Spray. Do you have any pics of the damage? It may help motivate others to your cause.

Gawd, that was a beautiful OBS.

I just read this entire thread and I just cant believe what happened. I stayed at this hotel last year and their wasn't any issues at all.

Was your truck the only one damaged ?

Rob

Another reason, we as "diesel enthusiasts" will have to start policing our own and dealing with them accordingly.

There is so much image enhancing technology out there, someone has to be able to clear that up enough to get something useful. Even if you have to pay to have it done, It would be well worth it

There is so much image enhancing technology out there, someone has to be able to clear that up enough to get something useful. Even if you have to pay to have it done, It would be well worth it

x2, money well spent.

And I promise, it can be done.

how can something like this happen at an even for diesel enthusiasts? obviously those d-bags standing in the parking lot when it happened arent true gear heads, cause i know if i caught someone putting dents in someone's truck, id put a few dents in their head. There's 3 things you dont F*CK with, a mans truck, a mans harley, and a mans wife!

I have a friend that is into the photo enhancing stuff and i have him taking a look at it, here is what he said.

The truck has some sort of "item" on top of the cab - almost looks like a light bar... maybe a rescue-squadder or volunteer firefighter - also looks like a sizeable construction behind the cab - bigger than a work box - maybe one of those racks? I didn't even get it into photo shop yet.

Does that video system only capture still images? Or does it capture video too?

Asking because this is a jpg still image - which has gone through JPG compression. The video itself is probably compressed, so this is a 2nd generation compression - if it was brought back one level, might help a bit.

The original video might be able to be enhanced more - still doubt a plate, but might likely be able to remove some of the jaggedness

I live for this stuff

I have a friend that is into the photo enhancing stuff and i have him taking a look at it, here is what he said.

The truck has some sort of "item" on top of the cab - almost looks like a light bar... maybe a rescue-squadder or volunteer firefighter - also looks like a sizeable construction behind the cab - bigger than a work box - maybe one of those racks? I didn't even get it into photo shop yet.

Does that video system only capture still images? Or does it capture video too?

Asking because this is a jpg still image - which has gone through JPG compression. The video itself is probably compressed, so this is a 2nd generation compression - if it was brought back one level, might help a bit.

The original video might be able to be enhanced more - still doubt a plate, but might likely be able to remove some of the jaggedness

I live for this stuff

6b, Im emailing the responding officer this afternoon, he has threatened to subpoena the hotel because they seemingly dont want to give up the actual video. As soon as I get it I'll post it, or attempt to.

Thank you for gathering that information for me.. I hope we can get more!

If you need the video hosted on a server that won't compress it or convert it to flash let me know, I will make it happen.

I agree with the silver tundra also