Very small 12 valve tow twins

I like to do it with the trans out. Do you think your having blow by issues now?

I like to do it with the trans out. Do you think your having blow by issues now?

I don't think so, even the valve covers are dry. The pan has always leaked some.

8y4epa6y.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

You are having blow by issues if you blew your oil fill cap off...
Not issue per se, but crank case ventilation issues.. Needs more breather,
What is your primary doing at full tilt?

You are having blow by issues if you blew your oil fill cap off...
Not issue per se, but crank case ventilation issues.. Needs more breather,
What is your primary doing at full tilt?

Not the cap, just one of those cheap metal breathers that you buy at autozone that just sticks down in the oil filler tube. the tappet breather is still breathing fine, and every other gasket on the truck is dry. I think the pan gasket was just ready to go.

should I replace with the regular gasket? Or should I use RTV?

Hmmmmm..... does anybody make a 2 piece pan?

you can do it in the truck. It will be a pain in the butt. I always undo the engine bolts use a cheap jack and lift the motor in the front till the valve cover touches the top. then undo the pan and pick up tube and itll come out.

you can do it in the truck. It will be a pain in the butt. I always undo the engine bolts use a cheap jack and lift the motor in the front till the valve cover touches the top. then undo the pan and pick up tube and itll come out.

thank you, that is what I did years ago when I dropped a tappet down into the pan. I was just making sure somebody that come up with a more genius way to do it.

Not the oil pan, its leaking between head and block next to #4 cover. Retorquing all the head bolts while they're hot, getting 1/2 turn on them all. Hoping it holds.

Saweeet. Drive, drag, dyno, video. Please and thank you.

When I get rich im gonna do the same setup with 64fmw and the best s500 I can buy:hehe:

I just don't know if tightening the bolts is going to work

Not the oil pan, its leaking between head and block next to #4 cover. Retorquing all the head bolts while they're hot, getting 1/2 turn on them all. Hoping it holds.

Be weary of the retorques to cure leaks. Thats how I ultra corroded my studs into pieces.

Squeaky Wheel

So its leaking from the valve cover or the headgasket? Stock head bolts?

Head gasket. Tightened them all pretty good except one, which stripped the Allen head.

I real don't want to change gasket because its oringed.

First thing first, I'm going to get that rounded off bolt out, and replace it. I can still drive the truck, no oil/water mixing, so I'm just going to baby it and get all the stuff done that was waiting on the truck to get finished. Then it's getting studded and fresh gasket.

Now for tuning. I loosened the spring gate a hair yesterday, and it feels more sluggish up top. Tops out about 80psi now instead of 100. Should I tighten the gate back up? I thought loosening it would allow the primary to spool a little faster, but maybe the secondary just doesn't move enough air for that?
20psi from secondary:2psi from primary
40psi from secondary:10psi from primary

Can't give you a full throttle reading right now because it's daylight and I live the in the city.

I apologize, I was still drunk when I typed that. instead of secondary, I meant overall.

Thought you were in east tn for some reason

Squeaky Wheel

I lived in Johnson city before i enlisted. I go back every time i make my road trip.

So no one has tuning tips for me? Lol