Very small 12 valve tow twins

Yea, the project I'm on certainly isn't a budget build. But I would be interested to see a decent priced 351 flange and clamp...

I've been buying some parts from CX racing lately and have been more than impressed with their cost to quality ratio, especially with aluminum v band assemblies. They have cheap prices on their website and even cheaper on eBay. I ordered a 4" cast aluminum elbow a few days ago and I'm looking forward to compare it to vibrant's more expensive version

Yea, the project I'm on certainly isn't a budget build. But I would be interested to see a decent priced 351 flange and clamp...

I've been buying some parts from CX racing lately and have been more than impressed with their cost to quality ratio, especially with aluminum v band assemblies. They have cheap prices on their website and even cheaper on eBay. I ordered a 4" cast aluminum elbow a few days ago and I'm looking forward to compare it to vibrant's more expensive version

I use vulcan's he351/hx40 adapter ($50) for hot pipes and the cummins clamp ($40). Not very cheap, but I haven't found a better alternative
28BD7AA3-112B-422D-A54F-73C6BADCB771-6226-00000528A656AE36.jpg

I think ill contact that cx racing company and try talking them into making a 351 flange/ clamp combo haha

Going with a super b (s300g) then I take it. If you don't already have the super b, I know a guy that has ran both back to back with better power AND spool out of the 351.. just food for thought. The s300 would be easier in a twin setup on the other hand as kits are readily available.

I have the Super B sitting in the spare bedroom. :Cheer: I just need a piping kit!

It's either gonna be Carls or Stainless Diesels but I'm not paying 300 extra dollars for the one piece cold pipe from Stainless.

Just made this hot pipe, I would guess that materials were around $260. Has anyone nickel plated a manifold and hot pipe? I'm looking for something that will hold up better than the factory coating on a steed.

uzupaju3.jpg

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk 2

I'd talk to steed if I were you, they had problems with coatings on older manifolds that's apparently been resolved

I have the Super B sitting in the spare bedroom. :Cheer: I just need a piping kit!

It's either gonna be Carls or Stainless Diesels but I'm not paying 300 extra dollars for the one piece cold pipe from Stainless.

I think one kit is good as the next so long as they don't use silicone elbows, they are useless in higher pressure setups IMO. Also I personally know that the source auto primary mount will NOT work with all S400's, at least not the 12v version just FYI

I'd talk to steed if I were you, they had problems with coatings on older manifolds that's apparently been resolved

Yea, all the Steeds I've owned or worked with have the surface rust issue. Great manifolds just poor coatings. The only reason I was asking about nickel plating is that a local company would do the manifold and hot pipe for around $100.. I had them do some electropolishing for me and they did a decent job with great service

http://www.tompkinsmetalfinishing.com/

I think one kit is good as the next so long as they don't use silicone elbows, they are useless in higher pressure setups IMO. Also I personally know that the source auto primary mount will NOT work with all S400's, at least not the 12v version just FYI

Yea, all the Steeds I've owned or worked with have the surface rust issue. Great manifolds just poor coatings. The only reason I was asking about nickel plating is that a local company would do the manifold and hot pipe for around $100.. I had them do some electropolishing for me and they did a decent job with great service

http://www.tompkinsmetalfinishing.com/

Jethot has a new version ceramic that they claim "can eat 2500"
I would not get the regular jethot coating, I have used it and its not a forever coating

I can agree as long as the Hotpipe flange isn't warped. That's the last thing I want to find as I'm breaking in my new twins.

2 months later, I've finally got my ducks in a row.

Here's the other progress thread relating to the water to air setup.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161777

End result:
he351cw over a 467/83/1.1 T6, with 2 stages of water to air. I'm waiting on the water pump, both heat exchangers, and water tank to arrive, and then run around town finding fittings, and then take a day (hopefully only a day) to install and test. The water to air setup is way overbuilt for the power level/uses of the truck, and I'm hoping that will only add to it's success/functionality. Idea is the obvious difference in psi loss over a/a, hopefully help overall spool/low rpm air flow with the cooler/denser air between stages, and possibly overall cooler EGT's with the little bit of extra air/earlier air. I'm hoping all the little things add up to a big thing.

Last edited:
Sounds like fun! My twins will be done today if my old gaskets are reusable. I'm about to get my butt out of bed and get this ball back rolling from yesterday.

That's is going to be a unique twins setup for sure mike!

Sounds like fun! My twins will be done today if my old gaskets are reusable. I'm about to get my butt out of bed and get this ball back rolling from yesterday.

That's is going to be a unique twins setup for sure mike!

I'm sure when I go to put it all together, I'll be missing something that will take 2 weeks to come in. But I hope not. Got an oil drain and manifold gaskets on the way from jeff, I hope I haven't forgotten anything.

Just an update, the small (67.7) primary got swapped out for a 78. It even clears the AC line if you bend it around a little bit. Huge thanks to newsmoke (Jared Crosby), who 100% designed this himself. It's completely bolt on, and designed with nothing but a block on a stand, and me taking pictures with a tape measure. And it's all done with that fancy TIG welding stuff.

rydynuha.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just an update, the small (67.7) primary got swapped out for a 78. It even clears the AC line if you bend it around a little bit. Huge thanks to newsmoke (Jared Crosby), who 100% designed this himself. It's completely bolt on, and designed with nothing but a block on a stand, and me taking pictures with a tape measure. And it's all done with that fancy TIG welding stuff.

rydynuha.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I like It! Must report back with results!