VP Dynamic Timing Vs. Advancing

I picked up the rad, it needed a cleaning, had to take it to the carwash since my hose is frozen. I'm ready to throw this in tomorrow & hopefully have some feedback on stock tuning for you guys.

come on get the show on the road... i wanna know if the VP's have actually found something that might make up for their crappyness

I got to drive my truck around at 10* today. It spools at 2000-2300rpm depending on settings, used to spool at 1300rpm. The powerband seems to kick in at 3600rpm-up. I can hit 3900rpm with no box, just stock tuning. With Adrenaline/Smarty loaded, I still only get to 4300rpm. I spoke to Chip & he said that the vp can only adjust timing so much, this is why my truck is dead on lowend power. He also said that the ecm is stopping me from revving any higher than 4300. He says that the redline will cure that problem!!!!

wow 3900 rpm on stock programming, now thats good, but my truck is the same way with the spool up, im at stock timing now for the pump and i can build enough boost to push through the brakes at the line where when i was at 5 or 10* i couldnt

wow 3900 rpm on stock programming, now thats good, but my truck is the same way with the spool up, im at stock timing now for the pump and i can build enough boost to push through the brakes at the line where when i was at 5 or 10* i couldnt
I definately don't like how it drives at 10*, but atleast I know it works. I'm going back to stock timing as soon as I get done testing my unlimited box.

I definately don't like how it drives at 10*, but atleast I know it works. I'm going back to stock timing as soon as I get done testing my unlimited box.

well set it for 5 deg, it will pick up some on the mottom end and still pull harder up top

Back