Water Injection????

but I can make a extra 100hp with a parking brake on a dyno? I hate dyno's

When you keep saying timing I imagine you are talking about the timing on the boxes correct? I have my timing setup as bob told me to run it. on 3 for large aftermarket injectors which is less timing than stock I believe. Now I havent melted this new motor down but I only have 2 hooks and maybe 500 miles on it. I did however have a blown headgaket. the way it looks the heat in the cylinder had to be hot* hot*... Idk. what boxes are you running wes, triton, should I ditch the mp8?

what you set things on your programmers to totally depends on what you have mod wise. I run the TNT/R and never put the timing on anything other than #1 and only run the even numbered programs. The timing added from running larger injectors along with that setting was the sweet spot.... for my truck.

There could have been several reasons you blew the HG...i,e. head or block not true, too much timing, too much boost, not torqued correctly..etc.

It took me a long time at playing with different settings on the Smarty to find the sweet spot. I've found that does change from track to track but, not by much. I have the MP-8 and it's at 100% on the track.... otherwise, I don't use it. It and the Smarty have been my only boxes I've ever used. Tried the BD once and ran as fast as I could from it LOL

Back on subject....

Since sledders don't have the air flow draggers do..... I can see it working for them. I'm gonna start a poll on this to get a better idea of how many care for what.

When you keep saying timing I imagine you are talking about the timing on the boxes correct? I have my timing setup as bob told me to run it. on 3 for large aftermarket injectors which is less timing than stock I believe. Now I havent melted this new motor down but I only have 2 hooks and maybe 500 miles on it. I did however have a blown headgaket. the way it looks the heat in the cylinder had to be hot* hot*... Idk. what boxes are you running wes, triton, should I ditch the mp8?

What injectors?
What are your Rail Pressures - Driving, if you daily drive it, WOT and when sled pulling
Youve got the mp8 stacked with a smarty? anything else? and what settings you normally run.
have the injectors been check since the melt down? if so by whom?

Ive seen pistons starting to melt in one truck that i am tuning, and i know exactly why it did it. Just need some more info.

ddp150's, don m looked at them, rail pressure with smarty only is 22,500 or so and then with mp8 on about 28k. smarty is always on catcher 8 and timing is 3, mp8 about 75%. I think this headgasket blew because of the torque that I didnt do...

ddp150's, don m looked at them, rail pressure with smarty only is 22,500 or so and then with mp8 on about 28k. smarty is always on catcher 8 and timing is 3, mp8 about 75%. I think this headgasket blew because of the torque that I didnt do...

That's about what I see.... it's been to 29K. Yeah, I forgot about your HG ordeal... I'd guess that was the problem too.

yeah I feel like a dumbass about it, I knew I shouldve done it and listened to someone else... Ive never had a cr head of or know anything about the mls gaskets... Im going to fire ring it this time and retorque it. 3 times...lol

oh yeah the truck idles about 6500-7500 and then cruises at about 17k or so.. Also how do you guys run your rail pressure gauge with the mp-8 stack and dual cp3's.. i feel like im making a tower of connections.. on the rail sensor. lol could anything interupt the other's signal and cause something to go wrong.

Seen 1900* sat night, first run on the motor over the weekend with a few different parts inside, and they obviously didnt like the same tuning!

^^^ what he said ^^^ im not buying the "i want to save my motor bit!" Look at wesley wade!

And it gives guys another way to CHEAT!

you cant compare one truck to another there setups might be totally diff... And you dont buy that save your motor ****... obviosly you havent spent serious money in your truck and can only see your side of the point.. dont compare wes's truck to ours. 1 truck vs the other 200 trucks on here that have melted down...

I know you don't want to hear this outlaw but...... this whole thing is a " you play you pay deal " You have to anticipate damage at some point if you take your truck any where beyond stock. Nothing is fail proof. Water can help lower egt's but, not to the point you can guarantee it not to melt down.

I have as much if not more into my motor than Wes and to date, I've blown a turbo, cracked a head and dropped a valve. This is after spending as much as a whole other car might cost. It was expected though because I abuse the truck. My point being, you may not melt a piston but, you are guaranteed to hurt something along the way.

Again, if you want to race or sled pull, you "have" to be ready for the consequences

right I more than understand thats why I keep putting mine back together, even though I know something else is bound to happen, but if it help keep the truck cool it can only help, your talking about a additive that can only make so much power on any truck we will say 100hp at the most... where as spray and propane its endless if you know what you are doing.

right I more than understand thats why I keep putting mine back together, even though I know something else is bound to happen, but if it help keep the truck cool it can only help, your talking about a additive that can only make so much power on any truck we will say 100hp at the most... where as spray and propane its endless if you know what you are doing.

That 100 hp leads to driveline breakage. Its never ending. Then what should be done?

LOL yup i dont put no money in my truck! LOL

And your right i wont compare Wes's ytuck to yours his is a runner!

yeah yours looked great at schied, I hope that long trip was worth it....boom, i bet that piece of **** boot you had cost alot in that budget truck of your's. you want to start a pissing match lets go, you and your sell out brother 2tone 12v can sure talk it up... 60k i think i would rather buy ragged out for 45k and mop the floor with your truck or hell maybe even wes's for 40k and prob still beat your truck..

If you could read, I wasnt bashing your truck in my first comment about your truck, I was only stating that I had more money in my truck than yours, which isnt a good thing to say..lol but you mo boys get your chest pumped up for no reason, so shame on you