We race trucks not flow benches!

After the diesel engine manufacturers' bean counters were done with the head, it would end up with probably the same issues that the OEM's have. Not taking away from Zach, but so many of the issues the OEMS' end up with are cost driven.

look at the whole product line, present and planned, it would give me the incentive to buy a new dodge cummins

look at the whole product line, present and planned, it would give me the incentive to buy a new dodge cummins

I have tried finding a contact at Dodge or Cummins to partner with. If not for production, at least to knock the 6.7l Ford out of the record books this next year at Bonneville. I know a guy that makes all of the parts necssary to take that back, just need a little funding to make it a reality. If Ron's truck didn't have the aerodynamics of a brick he would have already taken care of the record already.

Does anybody have a contact at Dodge or Cummins that woud be interested in this project?
bbb- thank you for your input. If I may, was it technically based information, or was it referrals, that helped you make your decision?

Zach

Last edited:
Cowl Induction hood and partial streamlining, yep, that Fords going down.

Attachments

• Bonneville.jpg
    Bonneville.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 0
Cowl Induction hood and partial streamlining, yep, that Fords going down.

Dang Ron, I know its been a long time but you've worked wonders on the Ole' Girl! Dare I say.......She's LOOKING GOOD :rockwoot:

I got my cam because at the time i could not find GOOD information on the differences in the cam companies, still hard to compare when you only get info from a couple manufacturers.

I would like to possibly try a different cam in my fresh engine but i dont know if the money will be there for it.

bbb- thank you for your input. If I may, was it technically based information, or was it referrals, that helped you make your decision?

Zach
It was referals. For some time, F1 was the way to go with cam, springs, and tips. From what I've read here, I would have gone Hamilton.-Not only on technical data, but also the customer service you provide. If I had the time and funds to swap cams, I would do it.

I talked to Zach two years ago about a cam. He couldn't get me one as fast as I wanted so I bought from Scheid. Now that I'm rebuilding the motor I bought everything from Zach. I don't know how it will work but I will give him feedback either way. I run a 24v so I can't buy one of his heads yet, but maybe next year I might go 12v and then I will. Either way Zach is a headgear and putting his nuts on the line to promote diesels. He might fail but atleast he is trying. That is what we want as consumers, somebody willing to push the envelope. Haisley did this with the JD injectors and 24v head. It doesn't seem as popular as it was there for awhile but they still pushed the envelope.

Tim

I was impressed by Zach's presence on compD. He was always helping people out. Answering any and all cam related questions even if it was someone's else's cam. That shows a knowledge of the valvetrain not just his own stuff. I see alot of info thrown around that is simply marketing. A sales pitch that only works in a certain situations. But that is the diesel performance market.

The whole head flow game is alot of bs. This is why I plan on having my head ported by someone that specifically works on cummins heads. The cost of freight to and from sucks but that added expense is nothing compared to quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

I have tried finding a contact at Dodge or Cummins to partner with. If not for production, at least to knock the 6.7l Ford out of the record books this next year at Bonneville. I know a guy that makes all of the parts necssary to take that back, just need a little funding to make it a reality. If Ron's truck didn't have the aerodynamics of a brick he would have already taken care of the record already.

Does anybody have a contact at Dodge or Cummins that woud be interested in this project?

Zach

Easy on us 6.7 guys zach. LOL Hopefully when I'm ready for some stuff you'll have stuff out for them.

Those guys on the fence about a CAM swap, it's not extremely bad. I ask myself everytime I drive my truck now this one question. Why in the hell did i not do this sooner.
As far as oil, I just run Amsoil Heavy Duty Diesel/Marine 15w40. Yes, it is that big of a difference.

Does this ron guy's truck go fast? :eek:

I saw one these beat that truck to the finish line

happy-smiling-sloth.jpg

Those guys on the fence about a CAM swap, it's not extremely bad. I ask myself everytime I drive my truck now this one question. Why in the hell did i not do this sooner.
As far as oil, I just run Amsoil Heavy Duty Diesel/Marine 15w40. Yes, it is that big of a difference.

Last I check Amsoil wasnt cheap. How often do you change your old.

When I bought my cam I was between a colt and Hamilton I settled on the Hamilton because I didn't want to order with an exchange rate, and the cams were "close enough" to each other now that my engine is built I wonder if I didn't buy the wrong cam from Hamilton? I may have to rebuild my engine to fit the cam lol.I wish I woulda been able to get in touch with Zach himself....On another note Zach every time I call the number on the website I have yet to get any answer on the other end even when I call during regular hours

Last I check Amsoil wasnt cheap. How often do you change your old.

Get what you pay for... I also run a by-pass. Change once a year. I run anywhere from 7,000 to 10,000 miles a year. I refuse
to run the newer emission approved oil.

Last edited:
I think what zach is doing is good. The only reason i haven't bought anything from him is that i have a friend that i trust very much and is very knowledgeable and has tried many different things on these trucks and he helps me with my decisions. Its not that i don't think zach is very knowledgable individual, he is intelligent, its that i just don't know him. I probably would be interested in one of his new heads after i see and hear some comparison numbers which are going to be coming in the very near future once they start getting out.

Get what you pay for... I also run a by-pass. Change once a year. I run anywhere from 7,000 to 10,000 miles a year. I refuse
to run the newer emission approved oil.

That would give me the willies if I only changed my oil once a year, what does your oil look like after running all year with the same stuff.

Last edited: