We race trucks not flow benches!

Get one of DonM's Spartan Billet cams. Fantastic cam. Lasted almost 3k miles before it started galling. Not to fret though, cause he's got a guy that can re-grind it exactly like it was only a little bit smaller. 100k miles and 33 re-grinds later it can be be used as a p7100 cam. Recycling is a good thing.

Dang Ron, great quote on a piece of work!

Jim

I have shared these exact same feelings with other members here (it really doesn't matter what I say in the grand scheme of things, b/c I'm just another guy that likes to spend too much money on his diesel pickup - I haven't done anything in this sport to earn anyones credit). I will be honest. You were actually the first person I contacted when I was looking for a cam, but after a few conversations with you over the phone, it was obvious your main focus was to get my money. This was roughly 3 to 4 years ago. So maybe you have changed.

Going back to the credit thing: at the time, and still to this day IMO, my main contact at Diesel Pro's (Bill) was/is more credible. He was building, along with a lot of help from others I'm sure, some of the fastest trucks in the country. He still sells the same cam that was in his white truck, and if it weren't for everyones favorite CompD moderator, that truck would still be tearing up the strip. We all remember the crash....woops.

Going back to the salesman thing: at the time, and still to this day IMO, my main contact at Diesel Pro's (Bill) was/is not building cams and other diesel performance products to make a sale (or is it sell?? LOL). When I spoke with him over the phone, he couldn't care less about selling me a product. He would answer any question I had no matter if it was about cams, injection pumps, injectors, turbos, transmissions, suspension, tire pressures, 1/4 mi times/mph, 60' times, racing....life......whatever. He is an awesome RESOURCE across the board.

Zach, you have several advantages over Diesel Pro's. The main being you heavily market the industry/forums and you sell/develop parts to make a living (as far as I know, maybe you have another source of income). The owner of Diesel Pro's, Bill, manages crane moves at a large aerospace company in the Northwest to make a living. He doesn't market heavy on this forum or any other forums really, and he has his reasons - I think the main being he doesn't rely on the diesel performance industry to pay his mortgage. I think he is happy with a smaller customer base. If he helped only 1 or 2 trucks make the most horsepower out of their setup, he would be happy.

However, if you have ever spoke with the man, you would understand that his lack of marketing (commonly referred to as "posting info/specs/data") doesn't discredit his products, and I would never histate to hand out his number to a friend or anyone looking for help with their truck/setup.

At the end of the day, let's face it - he RACES TRUCKS not flow benches!

I was sorry to hear about his truck. Hopefully Piers will get a chance to help him build another one once he gets tired of catching salmon and trout up in Horsefly.

No not break I asked what rpm they was seeing going down the track was they turning 6k on the line then coming off the clutch and then being pulled down to 3500 or maintaing 5500-6k going down it. I know you don't sell a 8620 billet cam.

I plan on trying to turn one 6k! I'll let you know in 24 days how that turns out!:Cheer:

I plan on trying to turn one 6k! I'll let you know in 24 days how that turns out!:Cheer:

It's not the turning 6k that worries me. It's the carrying 5k down the track that does! As soon as my big motor is done, I'm going to order one and build a motor just for it to see for myself.

From what I seen it's not turning the rpms that get them it's the sudden spike to 6800 that gets them. Scheid says that with their billet cover and bearing support it won't happen.

There is no doubt that I will run Hamilton Cam's products in my trucks. I just can't afford to have either of my trucks down for more than a weekend; even then a simple half day job inter fears with the use of one or the other. I have never done a Cummins cam swap so I want a decent amount of time to perform the task.

Zach is on here damn near everyday answering questions about his products and sometimes others, puts all he has into the parts he produces and his company, detailed explanations about how something works and why it works... I have always worked for small business's and support them 100%. I believe that customer service can make or break a company as well. Plus he is a Texas business so I will definitively send my business his way. Keep up the great work on designing products to keep our tail pipes clean.

And he said he wants to buy us all a beer, who doesn't like beer?

Last edited:
From what I seen it's not turning the rpms that get them it's the sudden spike to 6800 that gets them. Scheid says that with their billet cover and bearing support it won't happen.

TADA!
2012-01-06_21-45-13_966.jpg

Looks good. Me I just bought a steel cam and cam bearings. Of course in the end I will probably end up with a billet cover too. Lol

I was sorry to hear about his truck. Hopefully Piers will get a chance to help him build another one once he gets tired of catching salmon and trout up in Horsefly.

Don't be sorry. He already built another one. Only it's blue this time.

ooooooooo lexan molded front clip ! that would show it off nice.

You tell me how great your cam is

He shows me..

And Ron, correct info helps at times :Cheer:

Thank you for the information. I race but I don't post videos............ maybe I should. What would constitute showing you? Does dynoing 7-8 cams back to back in 26 hours not show you?

I can tell by your response that even though I have Dynoed my cams against a stock cam a CR-5, and a DP-3 all in 26hours so that they cannot be called different conditions, that does not matter. Your response is illogical unless you think that my results are bogus because I lied or set the valves incorrect or something else. I did not install a single one so that could not be an issue. I did not even set valves on any of the tests, Ronald Reagan and Ryan Blair did all of the installs. I only ran the trucks. THey also did not know what cams were being installed.

I plan on being more involved in LSR and 1/4 mile racing this next year after I get enough money to afford it. You see I have spent every penny that I have made for the last 10 years in our head and cam developement.

Does this still not constitute showing you?

Zach

Last edited:
One other thing, have you seen Garmons post about our cams? Is he not credible in your eyes?
Not trying to be confrontational, just wondering how the data does not add up to credible in your eyes. This is the thing that I constantly wonder about. The intangible.....how humans process data. You see there is data to back up whichever choice you want. If you think Fletcher's cams are the way to go, there is data(in your opinion) that suggests that is a correct response. If you think my cams are the way to go, there is also data to back that up. I really appreciate all of your information and I understand that I am being invalidated by the fact that I do not post up how my truck performs, or compete on a national level. I was ignorant in believing that because our products compete on a national level, that was good enough, or that because I post up technical data comparing products, that would speak volumes.

There is always data to support the notion that the choice you made is the correct one. Flawed logic got (in my opinion) the wost possible choice for our country a new, young, ignorant, and narcisistic president. We are constantly being fooled, using flawed logic to make decisions that are not the best. Judging by the average American's fiscal choices, paying Lady Gaga, Beibs, and Jayz, electing a president that pays out way more than he takes in, among other things are sound choices. And they somehow had the data to support their decisions. Don't mind me, I'm just talking out loud.

One other thing, I really appreciate you coon smile, in that you are not afraid to post up what you do not like about my products. I don't know if that is out of a need to discredit my products or if you just always speak your mind, you are at least consistant. Regardless, I respect that. What I don't respect are people acting to be your friends and then talking crap behind your back. That is something else, I do not understand.

Case and point. Copy Cat - GoDieselRacing.com - Where the FAST racers chat

Last edited: