We race trucks not flow benches!

I run zachs parts because he is honest and not afraid to hurt your feelings. So many people these days just get part of the week it seems and don't know why or what it does. Zach my head and cam will be on this week, I hope to have everything but the drive shaft done.

Zach, I think the problem is that you preach to the choir on here and not on other sites as much. Pretty much everyone here recognizes what you and your cams have done for us. This site is not noob friendly so alot of people dont get educated. I split my time between here and CF and this is where I go for performance research but most don't do that. Another thing that hurts is supply. I had to wait along time to get a cam when I ordered it from you. It was definatly worth the wait and I couldnt be happier with the product, especially considering how much faster the truck spools my little turbo. My 362 with 12cm housing was waiting till 1800 to lit off (stock Cummins bus cam) and is now instant with the 181/210! Keep up the great customer service. Your service and superb products have me considering another purchase from you if I decide to upgrade my 5500 to an aftermarket turbo. I understand the diffaculties dealing with getting cores and let me tell you that you are light years ahead of some of the injector companies on this board! Keep up the greatr work.

Blueline, I apologize that we have missed you a few times. If you want to talk about a setup sometime p.m. me your number and the hours you are available.

The 6.7l pistons are as good as done after the quality of our new 5.9l pistons are verified.

Ron, the Who needs sponsorships when you have ingenuity! The word sleeper does not fully describe what you have.

For the rest of you guys, I was expecting a bit more harsh responses. Any of you pick Diesel pro over one of my cams? I am all ears, please tell me why.

For the rest of you guys, I was expecting a bit more harsh responses. Any of you pick Diesel pro over one of my cams? I am all ears, please tell me why.

Since you brought it up....

When I went with Diesel Pros, there was a A LOT of bickering here, and you were not looking too good in my eyes and the accusations regarding Colt Cams really turned me off (I do not know the story other than what was written here). I also felt like you were trying to sell people parts they don't need (acting as a mere salesman new to the trade). But I'm not going to get into an argument here, as I believe you have done a metric chit ton of work in advancing the industry lately and have seemingly moved out of the salesman role.

I talked to F1 and DP regarding cams and got better info and service from DP. After I had an issue with a cam (lack of retaining bolt) that was not anyone's fault, he gave me a free upgrade, pretty good support to me!! Price and availability were also large contributing factors for me, and regrinds were about the only thing to be had at the time as well, from anyone. Do I preach his stuff? No. Am I satisfied with what I have? Yes.

As just an average guy on enlisted pay trying to get a rig put togather. A cam just keeps getting moved down the priority list for me. After all the money to spent to keep the engine togather, feed it fuel and air, the wallet is drained. Its not a question why or why not Hamilton, but when. The no BS, heres the facts adm number to back the claims approach of Hamilton is what has sold me.

Shughes, Thank you for the response. I really appreciate you being honest with me. I know it can be tough as a consumer to get a feel on how a company operates based on a forum. This is why I have tried to constantly show data which proves the need of parts I sell instead of just offereing things for sale. I hope at some point, the data I put forth will earn more peoples business. As for Colt, at a certain point it was good for us to be associated and at a certian point, it was clear that it would be best for us to be apart. It was Geoff's decision to split not mine. Geoff is a very bright individual that sells a quality product. I would buy his cam before any of the other "cam guys".

Manufacturers, not Mahle, but a lot of guys are already using them with good luck. I want to verify the quality as well as the design of the bowls with different injectors before we start selling them.

Tyleroo, thank you for you input, and thatnks for serving.

Zach

Interstate Mcbee then? I assume you are speaking of cast pistons correct?

cause you were more interested in chips and dip then talking to me about a head .. just saying.

Yes they are cast, doesn't matter who.

700rmk, I apologize if I came off like I did not want to talk to you. Thank you for the input.

Since you brought it up....

When I went with Diesel Pros, there was a A LOT of bickering here, and you were not looking too good in my eyes and the accusations regarding Colt Cams really turned me off (I do not know the story other than what was written here). I also felt like you were trying to sell people parts they don't need (acting as a mere salesman new to the trade). But I'm not going to get into an argument here, as I believe you have done a metric chit ton of work in advancing the industry lately and have seemingly moved out of the salesman role.

I have shared these exact same feelings with other members here (it really doesn't matter what I say in the grand scheme of things, b/c I'm just another guy that likes to spend too much money on his diesel pickup - I haven't done anything in this sport to earn anyones credit). I will be honest. You were actually the first person I contacted when I was looking for a cam, but after a few conversations with you over the phone, it was obvious your main focus was to get my money. This was roughly 3 to 4 years ago. So maybe you have changed.

Going back to the credit thing: at the time, and still to this day IMO, my main contact at Diesel Pro's (Bill) was/is more credible. He was building, along with a lot of help from others I'm sure, some of the fastest trucks in the country. He still sells the same cam that was in his white truck, and if it weren't for everyones favorite CompD moderator, that truck would still be tearing up the strip. We all remember the crash....woops.

Going back to the salesman thing: at the time, and still to this day IMO, my main contact at Diesel Pro's (Bill) was/is not building cams and other diesel performance products to make a sale (or is it sell?? LOL). When I spoke with him over the phone, he couldn't care less about selling me a product. He would answer any question I had no matter if it was about cams, injection pumps, injectors, turbos, transmissions, suspension, tire pressures, 1/4 mi times/mph, 60' times, racing....life......whatever. He is an awesome RESOURCE across the board.

Zach, you have several advantages over Diesel Pro's. The main being you heavily market the industry/forums and you sell/develop parts to make a living (as far as I know, maybe you have another source of income). The owner of Diesel Pro's, Bill, manages crane moves at a large aerospace company in the Northwest to make a living. He doesn't market heavy on this forum or any other forums really, and he has his reasons - I think the main being he doesn't rely on the diesel performance industry to pay his mortgage. I think he is happy with a smaller customer base. If he helped only 1 or 2 trucks make the most horsepower out of their setup, he would be happy.

However, if you have ever spoke with the man, you would understand that his lack of marketing (commonly referred to as "posting info/specs/data") doesn't discredit his products, and I would never histate to hand out his number to a friend or anyone looking for help with their truck/setup.

At the end of the day, let's face it - he RACES TRUCKS not flow benches!

Last edited:
I'm still waiting on these guys who are turning your cast cams at 6k. But why pay 799 for a ugl cast cam when 800 will get you a 8620 billet.

Thank you Coon. I appreciate your input.

Weston, I'll give you a shout. although I give out almost any information on the open forums, You asked the one thing I don't give out. And I do appreciate all of the information you gave me on the injector spray angles.

Tony R, What are you waiting on the guys that are turning to 6k to do? Break? Our cast cawsm are all $699 retail except for the big 55mm core at $799. We had them cut in a very small lot and the higher price reflects the setup time for a small run. WE do not sell any cams that are 8620. Are you refering to another manufacturer? Also Our steel cams are $999

Zach

Thank you Coon. I appreciate your input.

Weston, I'll give you a shout. although I give out almost any information on the open forums, You asked the one thing I don't give out. And I do appreciate all of the information you gave me on the injector spray angles.

Tony R, What are you waiting on the guys that are turning to 6k to do? Break? Our cast cawsm are all $699 retail except for the big 55mm core at $799. We had them cut in a very small lot and the higher price reflects the setup time for a small run. WE do not sell any cams that are 8620. Are you refering to another manufacturer? Also Our steel cams are $999

Zach

No not break I asked what rpm they was seeing going down the track was they turning 6k on the line then coming off the clutch and then being pulled down to 3500 or maintaing 5500-6k going down it. I know you don't sell a 8620 billet cam.

Get one of DonM's Spartan Billet cams. Fantastic cam. Lasted almost 3k miles before it started galling. Not to fret though, cause he's got a guy that can re-grind it exactly like it was only a little bit smaller. 100k miles and 33 re-grinds later it can be be used as a p7100 cam. Recycling is a good thing.

I guess I need to sharpen my pencil a bit. The guys charging $1500+ are way out of line these days.