What is the BEST injector???

Mopar Man

Ok I am researching injectors to go in the new engine. From your experiance what is the best injector out? Best performing, coolest, & least smoky. I have heard F1 is the best performing & least smoky. & I have heard people say the same thing about DDP. Has anyone run both? plese give me your experiance. I am wanting to go to a 150-200 hp injector but I live in the tree hugging state of CA or should I just leave my EDM'd 120's in it & call it a day?

I was not very educated when I bought mine... I ended up with Jammers! Don't go that route.

I have had 6-8 sets of DDP's and 4 sets of F1's. They are worlds apart in my truck. F1's make more power with less heat & smoke and get better mileage. Other than that it is a toss up.

I have had 6-8 sets of DDP's and 4 sets of F1's. They are worlds apart in my truck. F1's make more power with less heat & smoke and get better mileage. Other than that it is a toss up.
That is exactly the type of input im looking for! Thanks & please keep the info & opinions coming:Cheer:

F1 here. Awesome injector, wouldn't go another route for a very driveable and big power capable injector. Well, big VP power:hehe:

Ummmm...no brainer...F1!

I have had 4 sets...all made mucho power...with min smoke.

I have had Flux Mileage and Flux 1's in my 04.5.

I have had Flux 3.3's and now 5's in my 04.

How much more smoke will the Mach 5's or 6's make over the 4's? A huge amount more or just a little more???

check the sticky...

the injector chart

wont tell ya how much they are gonna smoke but at least you'll know how the tip sizes compare from manuf to manuf

injectors are almost as bad as s-300 turbos...they wont just tell ya what size they are,.,.,.that would be too easy...every company has to use different names

almost like they did it on purpose

*oh yea, no one ever made one for here

sorry

Last edited:
check the sticky...

the injector chart

wont tell ya how much they are gonna smoke but at least you'll know how the tip sizes compare from manuf to manuf

injectors are almost as bad as s-300 turbos...they wont just tell ya what size they are,.,.,.that would be too easy...every company has to use different names

almost like they did it on purpose
I havnt seen in. Ill look for it, do you have a link?

naw...i must be thinking of a different site

maybe 1stgen.org

would be really nice of someone to put one together

one for each, injectors and turbos

too busy bashing i guess

i've had quite a few customers switch from the jammers to the DDPs with great success. my buddy went from 110hp jammers to 200hp DDPs and picked up 120hp over the jammers, along with lower egts, less smoke and better driveability.

You're right. No one ever made one in the competition section. It's in the Dodge Tech section:
Injector Database - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

If it helps any, we've (firepunk crew) run them all- II, DDP, Edge, F1, custom JL's. The guys doing it cheap go Jammers until the rest of the truck is built with trans, turbo, etc. Most trucks are now running F1's because they won't get you smoke tickets, they tow nice, last forever and make the most power.

i've had quite a few customers switch from the jammers to the DDPs with great success. my buddy went from 110hp jammers to 200hp DDPs and picked up 120hp over the jammers, along with lower egts, less smoke and better driveability.
The Edge Jammers??? I thought they were 50, 75, 100, 125, & 150??? but regardless he went from a 110 HP injector to a 200 DDP & got cooler EGT,s & less smoke??? thats great. Im really starting to lean tords the Mach 5's. If I do I can only hope I get results like that.

yea, that would be nice huh?

all someone would have to do is copy the chart from over there and add the 24v tips with all their crazy names

I doubt I will ever buy another F1 injector. They seem to have a good following on the websites, but my personal experiance with VPs has led me to other companies. I have had over 25 different sets in my 2000. The F1 injectors work fine, but I did not see any real advantage making me want to keep them.

Running DDP's right now and have enjoyed them. Clean but dirty when you want them to be (full tilt).

You're right. No one ever made one in the competition section. It's in the Dodge Tech section:

see, there ya go i was wrong again

didnt really see any sort of chart (with csa n such) but i only looked at the first page

the chart from the first gen site looks something like this:

stock 1st gen inj - 6x.009" = .000380" total cross sectional area

2nd gen 215 tips - 4x010 = .000314(17% smaller than stock) and/or 5x.009?

non ic inj - 4x12 = .000452 (19% larger than ic inj)

185's = smaller than stock

190's = smaller than stock

230's = ?

300's = ?

ddp stg III = 50 LPM (liter per minute) 5 hole extrude hone inj

330's - 5x11 = .000474 (20% larger than stock)

2nd gen 370's - 5x12 = .000565 (48% larger than stock)

ddp stg IV = 55 LPM (only 10% larger than stg III's) 5 holes <.013

pods - 4x14 = .000615 (62% larger than stock)

2nd gen 435's - 5x014 = .000769 (twice as large as stock)

custom injectors -

6x13 = .000795

5x15 = .000882

6x14 = .000923

5x16 = .001005

6x15 = .001059

5x17 = .001134 (300% larger than stock)

6x16 = .001206

5x18 = .001272

6x17 = .001360

5x19 = .001416

6x18 = .001526 (400% larger than stock)

5x20 = .001570 (josh ayers custom p-pump inj)

6x20 = .001884 (500% larger than stock)

5x22 = .001900

5x24 = .002261

6x22 = .002280 (600% larger than stock)

[/QUOTE]

you can tell its for first gen stuff cuz (and old) they dont even have 5x.025 on there

the nay sayers prolly convinced the author from updating the chart

in the lovely way that they do...

If it helps any, we've (firepunk crew) run them all- II, DDP, Edge, F1, custom JL's. The guys doing it cheap go Jammers until the rest of the truck is built with trans, turbo, etc. Most trucks are now running F1's because they won't get you smoke tickets, they tow nice, last forever and make the most power.