What is the BEST injector???

and cant someone figure out a way to make the p-pump have a timing curve?

that would be sweet

start at 12° and curve to 36° over 3k rpm or something like that

that would be one trick timing gear

i know it is possible... dont want to know what it would cost tho

What about modifying a set of plungers to do it instead of trying to make a variable timing gear? Kind of like a retard notch in reverse?

No, comments about things that are off base to an actual injector debate, opinions based on a narrow comparison. In actuality, there is only one nozzle to compare to the F1 style of nozzle, and this nozzle is not an exact "fit" with a 5.9L.
So what is the best? F1 or another? I am in smoke hating southern CA witch is going to start smoging diesels next year to I would have to pass there "snap tests" (visual smoke when reving the engine) I have read that the F1's are the cleanist, best performing, & coolest running, Thats why I have been looking into & asking about them. But if there is something better out there I would like to know. TIA

I ran the 4's for a while with the vp and they were super clean. I also ran the 6's after a turbo upgrade (II SB) with the vp and they were super clean also. Hope this helps.
It does & doesnt at the same time lol. Im thinking ether the 4's or 5's. I just am not sure if I have enuff turbo to clean up the 200's. All I know is they whatever I get CANT haze at idle & when reving it the smoke needs to disapate quickly.

So back to the injectors... Will the Mach 4's or 5's haze at idle & how much would they smoke when stabing the throttle with no load on the engine?

How did this thread get so far off the topic of

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 4
why do our trucks make white smoke when the timing is that far adv?

does it have something to do with the cyl pressure being so much lower when the event starts or what?

thats all i can figure

i have heard raw diesel produces white smoke but dont see where that would play into the answer

and cant someone figure out a way to make the p-pump have a timing curve?

that would be sweet

start at 12° and curve to 36° over 3k rpm or something like that

that would be one trick timing gear

i know it is possible... dont want to know what it would cost tho

guess i could always go back to the ve?

ummm, no

mountain dew rocks

You might be able to modify a Cat 3406 a,b, or c timing gear as the pumps are very similar to a p 7100. I'm surprised no one has tries this, there must be a reason.

Has somebody tried to modify these? I would think that the Mack setup would be more cummins sized than Cat parts.

Holy CRAP is this thread confusing as HELL.

Yip yap.....TRAINWRECK. :hehe:

I wanna learn 'bout injectors. LOL