What kind of lift pumps are you all running ?

Is there any gain to be had by the MITUSA 'force feeding' the CP3? It is my understanding that its not possible to force feed the high side of the CP3 via higher line pressures coming into the lower side of the CP3? Anyone care to validate this for me? or else explain how this added pressure from the MITUSA actually DOES give added benefit beyond just keeping the lower side of the CP3 supplied with all the fuel it can pump into the high side.

Thanks.

lift pump

super diesel pump here, great set up no noise easy install, #2 only stock turbo,

504 hp
960 torque
at Walker Dynotune

YOU GUYS NEED TO GET ONE OF MY FS2500 BYPASS OIL FILTERS, YOUR ENGINE WILL LOVE YOU FOR IT,

PATRICK
WWW.PCDPERFORMANCE.COM
205-283-0433

smudge122 said:
Cap I like your setup...very neat, clean & to the point. Nice Job

Thanks! . It was fairly easy to make. It was a modified Hertz bracket as TEAMHERTZ was the first to make that design.

Run the MITUSA had a similiar set up to CAP's with the drive belt off the twin CP pully. New one will look more like Nasty Girl's. Use to run a FASS 150, way too noisy. SmokeShow asked a question about the MITUSA that has not been answered. I can't answer it either. You may want to go over to the NWBOMBERS website and go to the MITUSA thread and ask over there, that is where Opie normally hangs out.

I'm not entirely sure that force feeding the CP3 helps or not. I had done a few different mods at the same time as doing the MITUSA shutoff and never tested just that mod.

I'm trying out an edelbrock right now. After 2 days it's leaking and the noise is very, very loud. People are asking what's wrong with the truck. Think I'll send this pump down the road.

Thanks for info. As funds allow, I'm leaning towards the MITUSA. Even if it isn't necessarily a benefit to "force feed" the CP3, its still a nice setup and it obviously gets the job done!!

C-ya

MITUSA is a great pump. The pump makes no sound what so ever. I sure liked mine, tried the competiton, and it's coming up way behind.

I know this is an older thread but I was just wondering why you GM guys don't run a WalbroGSL392 pump. You can get it on Ebay for around $110 and it can push 130psi. I run mine at 20psi with a bypass regulator so she's working at under 20% duty cycle. Should run forever. Quiet as a mouse too...

Edelbrock 1792 turned out to be junk, we now run an SX Performance Lift Pump

walbroGSL392 pushing 28PSI at idel competition reg/bypass set up

trik396 said:
I know this is an older thread but I was just wondering why you GM guys don't run a WalbroGSL392 pump. You can get it on Ebay for around $110 and it can push 130psi. I run mine at 20psi with a bypass regulator so she's working at under 20% duty cycle. Should run forever. Quiet as a mouse too...

I hadn't ever heard of one so I did a little looking. A reason (other than maybe not being well known) why they aren't used on our (Duramax) trucks is because a pump like that is mounted inline between the tank and the injection pump (CP3). The fuel has to pass through the FPR (fuel pressure regulator) and it doesn't like to see pressures higher than 15 on the 01-04 (LB7) trucks and no more than 12psi on the 04.5-05 (LLY) trucks. I think the same limitation of 12psi is consistant for the LBZ as well. There may be speratic idling conditions if the pressures are too high. In fact, some people do this on purpose to get their Duramax to lope like a cammed up truck. ;) I suppose one could be used with a regulator in series but then its not much cheaper than a ready-made kit once you buy the pump, regulator and other hardware to mount and complete the install.

Thats just my opinion. Honestly, I was really hoping you all had knowledge of a really cool alternative but I don't see the immediate benefit of this Walbro pump. I suppose one plus to it would be the possible prolonged life by running so easily (in terms of its overall ability). So its not really entirely ruled out either. ;) Thanks for the info. :D

C-ya
Mitch

Think Im going to do a couple Laing pumps soon(ones that Kennedy & TTS use) I found a hell of a deal on them.

Force feeding does nothing for these pumps. Sorry. Started working with this 3 years ago with a dual stage lift pump set up to the tune of 120psi at the CP3. Any positive pressure makes a huge differance but it all comes out pretty close to the same if it's +3psi or +100psi.

C.A.P said:
EFI and a Predator for Quick checking . The EFI will log rail and data for later reading on the laptop or you can have real time data logging .

I have seen a new gauge from Di pricol that is a 30,000 psi rail gauge . I would like to look into this some more as it would be cool to see if it would work . It would be another asset in monitoring these engines.

http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PRI_RAIL

ANY ONE KNOW IF THIS WILL WORK ON A DURAMAX?

This gauge is strictly for the Cummins CR, Danin / DiPricol is currently working on the gauge for the Duramax. The calibration is different and it "T's" into the OEM rail Pressure sending unit similar to plugging a Juice or Module box into the harnesses.

I have several Dodge customers that have purchased these Rail pressure gauges and they are indeed valuable gauges for those of you pushing lots of electronic fuel enhancement. It tells the story.

I have D-max rail pressure gauges pre-ordered, if you want to get one as soon as they become available PM me and we can get you on the list.

If you need one for a CTD do the same