what twins for a vp?

OK Mr. 12vauto

will your 66/82 combo work - yes, but more towards a racing application

are you going to have 800hp tow a 20k boat and keep it cool - no

your missing some key points in your question

what will you be doing with the truck? one set of twins will not do everything.......

Exactly you need to answer the common questions first, what do u wanna do with it? Will you be towing? Etc

I think what everyone is trying to say is that if your going to DD the truck, dont get the 66. Its going to be laggy and smokey.

Are you really shooting for more than 800hp on a daily driver?

Shoot might as well go with a 71/95mm setup if your not worried about lag right?

the bw 66 over the 80 3b is cheap and is a proven combo.. but if you want to go faster than mr.weaver, a 66 over an 88ish will be an awesome setup

look at steve's truck, has a 3.0 60' (2wd w. worn bfg's all-terrains) and still has enough top end to go a 12.00. if that was on steph's truck and had some fuel with a 1.5 60' it would be a baad truck

Your right steves truck is fast .his twins are 66/88 ? But faster than the weaver wagon is not what I am looking for an 11.50 will do me just fine but if I end up 12.0 I will still be happy

I'm throwing a decent amount of fuel at a 66 single and its smoky and laggy. I think adding another restriction after that isnt going to help matters any.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

something like that yea. I think whatever you put on there you can make go a 12.0, youll just have to set up the rest of the truck around the chargers obv.

OrangeNV I plan on dd and raceing no towing for me. I have talked to a few people and I like the 66/74/.83 over 82/92/1.10 do you know of anyone with a setup like this ? If so how did it run?

do some more searching and reading, lots of guys with that setup

if you going with twins i dont think the 66 secondary is needed

you will hate driving it to the corner store, then it isnt fun anymore

quite a bit of horses have been squeezed through a 62

perfect set of street/dd twins would be a 63 /t4 foot over an 80

KingS built a truck with a hx35 over a ht3b and it ran 12.7s without a fass and stock cam.

If your going to be happy with 12's then go with the smaller setup.
(from what I read above)

KingS built a truck with a hx35 over a ht3b and it ran 12.7s without a fass and stock cam.

If your going to be happy with 12's then go with the smaller setup.
(from what I read above)

No, he's building for a 11.50 regardless. All he was saying is he won't be butt hurt if it doesn't do that right out the gate.... If he wanted 12s and obviously doesn't tow he could just slap a single 66 on and be done...

My problem is once I hit 12.0 I don't think I will stay happy but for now that will be fine how about a 64 /82 chevota84 I have ran a 66/74/14 and it seemed to spool great on my 12v and my 24v

The lag wasn't a real big deal until the tst died and I lost my rpm's. I have some 7x14's with lift in it now but my pump is dead as well so I haven't got to test it yet lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Fordguy24 how's that batmo wheel in that 6.4 doing Dostoyevsky see an increase of bull chit?

Everyone thinks they need a big secondary, nothing is further from the truth especially on a 12v.

hx40/s475, very quick spooling, relatively cheap, makes good power

I had these on my 12v, had really good luck with them and been on a couple friend's vp44 24v's...if I was building another set for street/strip it'd do the same with a smaller turbine/housing on the s475

Go with the smaller secondary... We have a few locals that have already figured out the secondary doesn't have to huge to make big power.

One guy in our group is running a 351/s595 in his CR, best run to date was at Badimere 11.0 with his truck lifted with 35s and he tows and DDs it all the time. Another guy with on his VP has a hx35/Garret TV81, best run in Albuquerque NM was a 12.3 and dynoed 678 at ATS. Another guy with a CR has the source 62/s475 kit, dynoed 752 and ran a 12.0 on 35" mudders in Albuquerque.... I think thats proof that you don't need a huge secondary...

Last edited: