what twins for a vp?

hx40/s475, very quick spooling, relatively cheap, makes good power

I had these on my 12v, had really good luck with them and been on a couple friend's vp44 24v's...if I was building another set for street/strip it'd do the same with a smaller turbine/housing on the s475
Just installed a 60/68/12 over a billet wheeled S475 1.1ar on a 24V last week. Truck is a pleasure to drive and pulls hard through the whole power band. Awesome combo for dd, tow and race.

Do what u want, you already made your mind up. You won't like that turbo setup even with all the "fuel" you think your gonna have. You just feel that setup is "big" and u need to stroke your ego. Dont waste our time with making a thread that you don't really need to make.

Of course the VP is bad as of yesterday, same noobie style response. It's either "well it's sold" or "oh look my pump just so happened to go out now I have to dp the big twins".

LOL Whatever

Chris a noob you are so dumb tmoneydouchbag.

put a 66 on top, you know you can build the converter to spool whtever you want and make it nice to drive

Chris a noob you are so dumb tmoneydouchbag.

LOL i wondered when the weaner wagon would show up, it completely made since that he had no clue on turbos when your name started being mentioned. Cause everyone needs a 66/74/T4 over a S482 for 11.5's LOL

put a 66 on top, you know you can build the converter to spool whtever you want and make it nice to drive

Why go the hard route? Its been proven that the secondary is basically for getting off the line.... Heres the perfect example HE351 over a s595:

148324_128071487254324_100001544213646_174737_8332712_n.jpg

222693_167046533356819_100001544213646_390368_4717002_n.jpg

http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs

The truck is lifted on 35s and is running 11.0 at Badimere... Imagine what would happen if he ran that truck down at Speedworld in Arizona.... He uses the 351 to get going off the line quick and lets the s595 do the rest of the work... And this is the same guy I mentioned in my earlier post that DDs and tows with this setup literally all the time...

Last edited:
I am running a bd super b 57mm over a 475 with 87mm turbine and an 1.1 ar. And I love it.
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I ran this setup for almost a year on my truck, Loved it! Running a Super B special secondary now. Doesn't spool quite as fast, but still awesome!

Again tmoneydiesel yet to hear any positive imput from you !!!! Are you bashing the weaver wagon too? Do you not like the 63/78 eather ? You have no clue !! I tried to ask you for your imput and all you do is bash . Guess I need 5,000+ posts like you and then I might know something did I hit the nail ? On the head..... the diesel community needs less negative people . Three pages of posts and your the only person not stating facts and ideals. I thought you were a mediator ?? Shure not acting like it . Again I ask you if it were your truck what would you do ? Rkadcock those look impressive I really like the header and anadise red looks bad ass

It's easy to throw out turbo specs, a 62/78 is a great combo and would get you where you want to be. You need to choose a top turbo that's actually snappy something that you can drive around town on and be pretty clean then your charger of choice underneath. Most people feel they need a huge secondary and usually only talk about the compressor side without considering the turbine side. Post count doesn't matter but being open to opinions is especially when u make a thread asking for them. I like a smaller secondary so that you can DD in a calm manner instead of waiting for it to spool and smoking out the town. CR's can go a little bigger on the SD and can spool it fine, but a cam helps the 12v achieve this as well. It all depends what you really want to do, the simple answer of (DD & RACE) tells nothing.

That's just Borg Warner stuff, there's plenty of Garrets to choose from as well.

LOL i wondered when the weaner wagon would show up, it completely made since that he had no clue on turbos when your name started being mentioned. Cause everyone needs a 66/74/T4 over a S482 for 11.5's LOL

Chris knows a lot more then you think . Apparently not everyone is as knowledgeable as the great flat bill douchebag

I have ran the 66/74/14 on several trucks that I have owned it always seemed to be snappy. Mabe not as a 62 but I liked it .pulled hard too I'm leaning more to race. But all in all I got a disease its callled can't leave it alone ..!

Chris knows a lot more then you think . Apparently not everyone is as knowledgeable as the great flat bill douchebag

No my whiny lil cupcake, people just need to stop asking you for advice, that's all.

I have ran the 66/74/14 on several trucks that I have owned it always seemed to be snappy. Mabe not as a 62 but I liked it .pulled hard too I'm leaning more to race. But all in all I got a disease its callled can't leave it alone ..!

We all seem to have that disease, think of something that can be snappish and spool quicker, then by that time you've got more top end than you ever dreamed with your bottom charger. I like to match up my HP goals with what the bottom turbo is capable of. no reason to go to big or to small.

I Dident just ask him I asked everyone who wants to post please do so . Thanks for the imput everyone I'm headed to sdx tomorrow so I'm going to think about this a little longer .