what would cause my truck not to fuel?

BgBlDodge

Hates hippies
I just spent $100 on my ADR to have a new computer board put in it because my turbo time module burned a hole through the last one (don't ask, I never used the TT and quad didn't know why). I get it back and I've now lost 10psi of boost and 100* egts. I've tried cranking the wastegate down and loading a different program but I'm still sitting at 35psi and 1200*. Doesn't matter if its on level 3 or 10. Truck runs insanely hard and clean, harder than ever before, but I know I should be making more boost and egts. Here's what I've tried so far:

Voltage at the APPS at WOT: 3.55v
Voltage at MAP sensor blue wire: 1v
Voltage at MAP sensor red wire: 5v
Voltage at wire tap: 12v
Voltage at all data port connections: 2.5v
ADR_comp tune
Pump stretch: 1800
Timing: 8*

All voltages check out correctly with what jeremy at quad told me. What's left to test? I guess borrow an ECM? I've replaced all sensors but the IAT and coolant temp. MAP sensor is completely clean. VP is maybe a month old (I know this one is good cause its my 3rd in a year).

Am I missing anything? There's gotta be some trick I'm missing. Like I said, the truck runs harder and cleaner and spools better than it ever has in its life but I know its not fueling like it should.

Thanks for any help yall can give me.

i just tried mine out with the comp tune. (2nd revision box) and I saw about 65 psi.

I know I've got a small boost leak but that doesn't explain the lack of EGTs and fuel.

I know I've got a small boost leak but that doesn't explain the lack of EGTs and fuel.

A small boost leak can do more than you think. Get a good picture of your wire tap & post it here. It would be funny if you've been tapping the wrong wire for this long.LOL

mechanical gauge? or pulse reading? just dyno the damn thing

mechanical gauge? or pulse reading? just dyno the damn thing

Mechanical boost and egt gauge and pulse boost gauge. Don't have the EGT probe hooked up on the pulse. Truck goes on the dyno this coming saturday. First dyno with the cam, VP, new pulse, 66, bigger injectors, new intake, and ported exhaust.

A small boost leak can do more than you think. Get a good picture of your wire tap & post it here. It would be funny if you've been tapping the wrong wire for this long.LOL

I'll see what I can do. I highly doubt that's the problem but I've done dumber things.

Ok well i guess it's not a faulty reading on the gauge! i gained 10psi fixing a boost leak! egts went up alot also!

Adjust the fuel map with pulse. I believe the Adrenaline in default settings does not call for full fueling till 38psi on the map sensor. Lower the boost scale all the way, I think it goes down to 25 or 30psi. That way the Adrenaline will ask for fuel pump stretch.

My thinking is that possibly your small boost leak or whatever is causing you to only reach 35psi and without 38psi, you're missing some of the potential fueling due to not reaching the minimum boost threshold of 38 psi.

Adjust the fuel map with pulse. I believe the Adrenaline in default settings does not call for full fueling till 38psi on the map sensor. Lower the boost scale all the way, I think it goes down to 25 or 30psi. That way the Adrenaline will ask for fuel pump stretch.

My thinking is that possibly your small boost leak or whatever is causing you to only reach 35psi and without 38psi, you're missing some of the potential fueling due to not reaching the minimum boost threshold of 38 psi.

Good thinking dude. The boost scale adjustment could very well be his entire problem. Only thing is that he had the same issue [not fueling] when he was running the 62/71 turbo.

True Jamie but I also had the melted board when I was running the 62/71 so that's why it wasn't fueling then.

Bb24, I'll go change that after I get out of the shower. Been playing with the truck all day. See my post I'm about to put up.

Boost scale was at 38psi. I dropped it down to 20psi. Gonna go for a spin in a little while. I'll let yall know how it runs.

True Jamie but I also had the melted board when I was running the 62/71 so that's why it wasn't fueling then.

Bb24, I'll go change that after I get out of the shower. Been playing with the truck all day. See my post I'm about to put up.

You'll ruin your computer if you keep using it in the shower.

sorry, couldn't pass that up. Hope that fixes it for you.

I just talked to Tyler. It has 38psi boost, 1300* max & clears up the smoke. Still not fueling.

Nope. P-pump. :D I fully believe this fueling problem is in the truck somewhere. Its not in the quad or the VP. Its something else. Oh well. One last dyno with the VP and then 2 months and then P-Pump. My fueling problems will be over.

Find someone who knows how to test your circuits going to the ecm. I think you have a bad wire somewhere or possibly a bad ecm.

Back