Who's going to hit 1,200, CR #2 only.....

we should be there with new motor hoping for upper 9.8's on fuel can't wait motors in and should be running next week!!!!!!

Tim Barber perhaps. Not sure if he is even trying to up the ante but he did 1059 uncorrected in sept. of 08.

After a brief chat with Tim in the fall, I'm a little surprised he hasn't doen it already. Or maybe he has and no one knows. LOL

What kinda tunning are yall runnin on that camo truck?

Banks six-gun :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Question to those over 1k- what rods you guys using? 12 or 24v forged or aftermarket billet?

What are the stock powered metal cr rods good till?

After a brief chat with Tim in the fall, I'm a little surprised he hasn't doen it already. Or maybe he has and no one knows. LOL

LOL.... yeah, Tim called me one day and ordered some studs. At the end of the conversation, "oh by the way, Erick, I'm going to break your record this weekend." I was like, Ah Hell!. This is what makes it fun.

Banks six-gun :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Question to those over 1k- what rods you guys using? 12 or 24v forged or aftermarket billet?

What are the stock powered metal cr rods good till?

I ran billet in mine. Reb's motor had the leftover 24 valve rods in his 03.

I think the guy Jason is talking about went about 10.3 but he is changing some more stuff this winter so who knows what will happen in the spring when its back together

Jason what's that guy running in the 1/4?

If it's 1000+ fuel only on a single, faster than he spends at the line trying to get on top of the charger. LOL

I think the guy Jason is talking about went about 10.3 but he is changing some more stuff this winter so who knows what will happen in the spring when its back together

10.5-and some change.

spool at the line doesn't seem any longer then anyone else.... the charger is in the 70's. not sure what it will be this year, but there are other improvements going on that I haven't a clue about.

I believe most of his power is from the motor build more so then forcing a crap ton of over heated over compressed air. Do you really need 86mm charger to make 1200hp? don't think so.

IT would be nice if said guy would speak up a little instead of me potentially messing up some info.

Smarty and a TST.

I would have to call bs on a single 70 somthin charger running 10.4 on #2 only unless his truck is pretty light.

Yep, and I didn't make and average of 750 on 2 different dynos with a 64 :)

10.5-something. Well. I'm not 100% sure. Here's the story. 10.5 on spray with I believe stock cp3's.. Got John to make a set of 3.5's had spray issues for a few runs, but still running 10.5. From what I understand properly fueling things with massive amounts of fuel pressure with out spray netted about the same time/mph. around 7400#. Again, I'm not 100% sure on the spray thing, but from what I recall from conversations that's what happened. I don't know the guy well enough to know if he's BSing, or what. It's a funny group of folks for sure. But just don't be quick to call BS on it. I think the guy really has something going that's working very well.

Besides, it's a moot point, everything has changed for the truck, there wasn't any official dynoing that I know of. All guestaments.

10.5-and some change.

spool at the line doesn't seem any longer then anyone else.... the charger is in the 70's. not sure what it will be this year, but there are other improvements going on that I haven't a clue about.

I believe most of his power is from the motor build more so then forcing a crap ton of over heated over compressed air. Do you really need 86mm charger to make 1200hp? don't think so.

IT would be nice if said guy would speak up a little instead of me potentially messing up some info.

Depends on the PR...

As a single the PR will be far, far higher putting you much higher in the map where a wheel will happily move more air for any given efficiency.

As the first stage compressor the PR will be far, far less, moving you way down in the map where the wheel is far less happy to move large quantities of air.

Comparing inducer size on a single truck to the inducer of the first stage on a compound setup doesn't work well for this reason. Until required boost levels get outside the range of possibility for the single charger guy he can always feel like a hero because he did ____hp on __mm worth of inducer if he wants.

But it's apples and oranges.

I have see stock cr rods bend at 870hp and in the same week bend a set of 24v rods. All in the same truck all bent exactly one week apart

10.5 on just a little bit of spray is way more believable then on straight fuel and a single. I dont doubt 1khp can be done on fuel and a single, I am right there with mine but no way would I expect to go 10.5 down a track w/o spraying it.

I am not doubting your 750 either, well within believable for a cr but thats a far cry from going 10.5 in the 1/4.

I have see stock cr rods bend at 870hp and in the same week bend a set of 24v rods. All in the same truck all bent exactly one week apart

Bent rods at that hp there is something wrong! I use 24v rods in everything and have not had a problem with any of them yet. I bent some cr rods in my truck messing with a water injection system that dump about a gallon of water in 30 seconds, rods didnt like that at all.

Depends on the PR...

As a single the PR will be far, far higher putting you much higher in the map where a wheel will happily move more air for any given efficiency.

As the first stage compressor the PR will be far, far less, moving you way down in the map where the wheel is far less happy to move large quantities of air.

Comparing inducer size on a single truck to the inducer of the first stage on a compound setup doesn't work well for this reason. Until required boost levels get outside the range of possibility for the single charger guy he can always feel like a hero because he did ____hp on __mm worth of inducer if he wants.

But it's apples and oranges.

I'm to tired to comprehend your whatever this morning. :) But I think your saying that smaller wheels for a single move as much air as a bottom charger for twins that's bigger? :) say, a single 74 vs an 66 over 80? Once on top of the single and twins that is. I'm twins dumb and I think I got the graphs the idea of a basic single turbo map. i'ts one of my things to start understand even more this spring before I make my next turbo change.

10.5 on just a little bit of spray is way more believable then on straight fuel and a single. I dont doubt 1khp can be done on fuel and a single, I am right there with mine but no way would I expect to go 10.5 down a track w/o spraying it.

I am not doubting your 750 either, well within believable for a cr but thats a far cry from going 10.5 in the 1/4.

like I said, i'm not 100% on the spray working or not. But going from dual stock pumps to dual stage 3.5's with a pressure box effectively unplugging the fca's apparently made a new animal outa this truck. Hell, that kinda pump change will make any truck a crap load faster :)

Lets just wait until this year and see what the guy does ;-

And its not me going 10.5 in the 1/4 if your wondering. Far from it. I'll be happy to make a 13.0 at 114 my self.

---- new topic ---

What kind changes do you think these stand alone will bring by moving the same power up a few thousand RPM's? will 1200hp be needed to runs in the 10's? will that same hp get trucks into the 9's? specifically with wider longer powerband and gear is matched.

I'm sure these stand alone will change the recipes for power for sure!

Damn- bad week!!!:nail:

Bent rods at that hp there is something wrong! I use 24v rods in everything and have not had a problem with any of them yet. I bent some cr rods in my truck messing with a water injection system that dump about a gallon of water in 30 seconds, rods didnt like that at all.

Yikes- i can see why the rods complained.:hehe:

side note: Why is the "person" running 10.5(ish) blah, blah, blah-- so anominous ?

Damn- bad week!!!:nail:

Yikes- i can see why the rods complained.:hehe:

side note: Why is the "person" running 10.5(ish) blah, blah, blah-- so anominous ?

He's on the forum. If the guy wants to speak up. sure. if not. no biggie.

My point was, there is what I believe to be a very damn close if not a bit more to 1200hp fuel only (due to spray problems) truck out and about already. And happens to be a single charger (not that it matters I suppose). He's just not big into "look at me" on the forums. So I'll leave the self cheerleading up to him if he chooses. That is all.