Who's going to hit 1,200, CR #2 only.....

2010 is going to be a big year for HP in the CR's. Again...

I certainly don't expect an upset. The same guys who are up top now, will stay there. Too many advances were made this winter for that to happen.

I certainly don't expect an upset. The same guys who are up top now, will stay there. Too many advances were made this winter for that to happen.

I agree. I can't wait to see the standalones specifically... You injector and the cam guys have a lot of R&D to do on that front alone. Hopefully 2011 will be the year of "everyone has a 1500hp street-able dodge" :)

I agree. I can't wait to see the standalones specifically... You injector and the cam guys have a lot of R&D to do on that front alone. Hopefully 2011 will be the year of "everyone has a 1500hp street-able dodge" :)

If that happens I feel sorry for the Automatic transmission builders....unless they just dont warranty high horsepower stuff anymore.

so im curious I know this was asked but what are CR rods good for before you should get worried. Id rather do it before I window the block. Im going to to some more work as soon as this truck is paid off and I can get a Dually tow rig

Last edited:
[/B]
If that happens I feel sorry for the Automatic transmission builders....unless they just dont warranty high horsepower stuff anymore.

I know a manual will like more hp in higher RPM range because there's less torque up there.... wouldn't the same apply to an auto? I'm assuming everyone has a standalone has lots of extra rpm's with my 1500hp statement :) Not staying 1500hp at 2300rpm more like 4300rpm :) it's all hypothetical and a pipe dream obviously.:blahblah1:

No doubt this is true but I think 2009 was a record for blowing **** up, boy the old days are gone.

Jim

Bent rods at that hp there is something wrong! I use 24v rods in everything and have not had a problem with any of them yet. I bent some cr rods in my truck messing with a water injection system that dump about a gallon of water in 30 seconds, rods didnt like that at all.

IMG00125.jpg
cr rods bent on dyno 1 week before suncoast last year then bent the 24v rods on the dragstrip at suncoast the 24v rods are still in the motor he just put a stock motor in it after that he spent 30k on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o63NeBENPA

Somethin is wrong bending them like that at that hp level. Would have to be makin 800hp at 1200rpms to bend crap like that.

I bent some cr rods in my truck messing with a water injection system that dump about a gallon of water in 30 seconds, rods didnt like that at all.

So at what point is too much water TOO MUCH WATER??

I picked up a set-up that should run through about a gallon a minute...I hope slow it down a bit though.

I was able to muster 880rwhp out of my 05 CR last weekend on our dyno, fuel only. Smary on 5 and MP8 cranked up. Last summer I made 1013rwhp spraying through a purge selenoid. My best was 943 on fuel with the Smarty on 9.

I can probably tweak close to 1000rwhp fuel only, but I'd need a lot more air for 1200rwhp. That would be one nasty street truck. I can barely keep mine straight now.

never have really worried too much about dyno numbers but with the new truck and big mpi twin set up i may try to make a big #2 only number...

i made over 1100 hp on stock rods and ran a lot of dragstrip passes with the same hp levels.i think tuning and setup has a great deal to do with it...

I was able to muster 880rwhp out of my 05 CR last weekend on our dyno, fuel only. Smary on 5 and MP8 cranked up. Last summer I made 1013rwhp spraying through a purge selenoid. My best was 943 on fuel with the Smarty on 9.

I can probably tweak close to 1000rwhp fuel only, but I'd need a lot more air for 1200rwhp. That would be one nasty street truck. I can barely keep mine straight now.

never have really worried too much about dyno numbers but with the new truck and big mpi twin set up i may try to make a big #2 only number...

i made over 1100 hp on stock rodsWith #2 or nitrous? and ran a lot of dragstrip passes with the same hp levels.i think tuning and setup has a great deal to do with it...

Can you two share alittle of your setups/-- fuel/ tuning

thanks

Somethin is wrong bending them like that at that hp level. Would have to be makin 800hp at 1200rpms to bend crap like that.

Truck was making that power when the rods bent,which I think was mid 2000 rpms, had more to go.Chargers were to small,spooled to fast for its own good,was making to much power at low rpm.

I'm pretty sure bones' was nitrous at 1100.

If you read about him at DPC you laugh. My favorite part was his take on the mileage test. LOL

Can you two share alittle of your setups/-- fuel/ tuning

thanks
on my passes and dyno numbers i used nos.i know this is a #2 only thread but i will try to make a number with fuel only with the new setup. the old setup was a 62ish turbo over a 476ish with a t4 flange.boost was held to 60 psi and backpressure was close to under same.i backed boost down because when it was set to higher levels like 100 psi at the dpc they came on so violently i coudlnt get the truck to stick to the track or the dyno. as for tuning i ran a tnt-r on level 8 with timing on 4 and mp8 cranked wfo.i also ran 3 stages i baby shot off the line then 2 bigger progressive shots as i went down the track. i had 2 stg 2 pumps from II and a huge set of sticks from Wicked diesel.sorry fir the derail...

I'm pretty sure bones' was nitrous at 1100.

If you read about him at DPC you laugh. My favorite part was his take on the mileage test. LOL
mileage= burnouts the whole time (my hero!!!!)

on my passes and dyno numbers i used nos.i know this is a #2 only thread but i will try to make a number with fuel only with the new setup. the old setup was a 62ish turbo over a 476ish with a t4 flange.boost was held to 60 psi and backpressure was close to under same.i backed boost down because when it was set to higher levels like 100 psi at the dpc they came on so violently i coudlnt get the truck to stick to the track or the dyno. as for tuning i ran a tnt-r on level 8 with timing on 4 and mp8 cranked wfo.i also ran 3 stages i baby shot off the line then 2 bigger progressive shots as i went down the track. i had 2 stg 2 pumps from II and a huge set of sticks from Wicked diesel.sorry fir the derail...

Thanks-- did you notice a difference from Smarty#8 vs 9? My truck makes crazy boost on 8- YET hp (and tq) was 40-50 LOWER then #9

Somebody at Scheid told me that they made 1300 some odd hp around 3300 rpms with a bosch standalone system on fuel only.

Scheid does their stuff on an engine dyno pretty sure. 1300 hp is believable for them though.

I heard there is a 06 black MegaCab in the making in Stockton,CA area. Should be done in a few months from hearing about it. Ball Bearing twins. Lets see how long it holds up since the guy wants to daily drive it.

I'm also hoping that black Megacab will achieve that goal. Another truck I have high hopes for is Terry Soule's truck(Soulezoo). It made 900.86rwhp last year and there was more left on the table. Its also running ball bearing twins among other things.

Scott