Who's got the fastest daily driver?

Freighttrain said:
I bought a 30' gooseneck, just so I could carry my old worn out truck and extra tires to the pulls. I also bring a Gas compressor and air tool's to change'em with. Sled Pulli'n and drag racing are night and day apart. I'm running the same tires I ran when I first started (and loosing, bad). TNR has helped me find some suspension tricks that have helped. It's not about power. My truck only makes 650 +/- hp. as per David Dunbars Dyno.
Now that's funny. When was the last time we took extra tires? We always talk about it. However it does make a nice lift for everybody else to work on their trucks :D :hehe:

Don't know squat about pull'n but I hear there is a new Bridgestone with steel in the sidewall. Should be better than the GoodYear tires, right?

If he is running Goodyear Wangler SilentArmours the work very well.
My expereince with Bridgestones is not good to say the least.$.02

JOHNBOY said:
I've heard of silent armours. Is that you what have Jorge

JOHNBOY said:

Yes here as well. However, it's the *new* tire.... I don't know what it's called.

Trailer queen. Hell i guess u can call mine that two. Every time but once the trucks been up there its been trailered in. Wicked was trailered in at Moraso. It always nice to have your truck pulled in on a trailer incase u break something.

i find whenever i trailer mine to an event it dont break, and whenever i drive it there it breaks.

Freighttrain said:
I'll stand on my position "about tires". Jorge was hooking if he was squealling the tires.
Tomac was probably making around 800 hp to win the pull in the diesel challenge. He was short 400 hp and won. He knows a thing or 2 about set-up.
Wicked has more power than any other diesel I've seen in person.. Putting it to the ground is where it all matters. Jorge seems to have the resources to get the job done. He also has the desire to make it happen. Tire's are one of many factors when you hook to a 45,000 lb sled. I think he will step up and get'er done. I hope he does.
100 mph in 4 low? That's some rpm's.

uhhhh...if the tires are squealing, that means he's hooking? I thought when the tires squeal and your leaving black marks, thats from "spinning" and not hooking. I could be wrong but I think I'm right. Tomac is "NOW" 400hp short, but at the diesel challenge, Jorge wasnt at 1200hp. Winning pulls isnt just from tires. It takes a driver also, and you should know that. Tomac is good at what he does. The 100mph was far-fetched but, if you watch his video and listen, you can hear his truck bounce off the rev-limiter so i guess there was some RPM's.....

TNRGreene said:
I too am impressed with that truck & the owner. I do not believe I have seen any finer truck then that Dodge especially at our podunk pulls.

On my soapbox:
I guess all badass trucks have this problem. The owners are super nice guys & gals but the entourage leaves a little to be desired. The "band wagon" guys make me sick though. Hope I never get famous.
Off my soapbox:

Good luck to everybody in Clewiston, to heck with how far you pull. No broken parts is the goal...at least mine anyway

"Band Wagon" guys? Your B&B team has a lot of that. I believe it stands for "black & blue" but yet i seen it on a white truck. Does he make you sick? There are a lot of people that hang tighter to their brand of choice and you know that!!!! What got me a little upset at the beginning of this moaning match is the fact that someone says.."hey nice truck and glad to meet you...heres a video that has nothing to do with your truck and it only shows my truck that beat you in both pulls." Im really starting to see this truck pull stuff becoming a brand war and not just diesels having fun, and believe, im not the only one that is seeing it! This is a quote from a GM based forum...."That is correct for the points pull. We are talking about another class that we have conflicting info. It doesn't matter Steve killed everybody that day." *cough**cough*

Last edited:
solostyle said:
"Band Wagon" guys? Your B&B team has a lot of that. I believe it stands for "black & blue" but yet i seen it on a white truck. Does he make you sick? There are a lot of people that hang tighter to their brand of choice and you know that!!!! What got me a little upset at the beginning of this moaning match is the fact that someone says.."hey nice truck and glad to meet you...heres a video that has nothing to do with your truck and it only shows my truck that beat you in both pulls." Im really starting to see this truck pull stuff becoming a brand war and not just diesels having fun, and believe, im not the only one that is seeing it! This is a quote from a GM based forum...."That is correct for the points pull. We are talking about another class that we have conflicting info. It doesn't matter Steve killed everybody that day." *cough**cough*
That someone was me and I meant it. Jeorge walked back into the arena after the show was over and shook my hand and said good job. He's a good sport. BandWagon? That's your're call. The Band posted here. Also the white truck will be painted black soon. Keep an eye on it. It's our test bed for new stuff.
Sorry you are so upset about me posting my Video. I'm a little proud of how my tired old truck pulls. I have other videos of truck's in attendance. I did not post them. I think you know why. Brand wars? That started in 1909.
It is, Diesels having fun. A little brand war just adds to the fun. If that's what you want to call it. I guess the reason I jumped in here is because, we heard rumors that, there were some truck's coming to kick our Butts.
It's all in fun. I'm not going to stir the pot anymore on this. See you at the pulls.

well i for one have not got a time slip ! i can say it probably is not the slowest but i know i am no where near as fast as most of you. but then i will never know until i make a pass. and i have no Dyno #'s to post since i am not done and can't run WOT right now with out the EGT's hitting the roof . i just hope when i get done i can lay down some nice HP & Torque #'s and be fairly quick in the 1/4 but the 1/4 was never anything i was gunning for in my truck just some good power that will hold up.

Now i wouldnt go as far as saying band wagon either. It seems that it always turns into a brand war every thread with something interesting. Just because some of us are fans of trucks. Doesnt mean were jumping on the wagon. Some of us arent like most of the Florida sports fans around. Buc's finally get something going and all the fans jump the wagon. And again this year the bulls. Now look at em. Im a fan of number 2. Trucks interest me. I think whats drawn me more and more to Jorges truck, is EVERYONE out there that doubt the things that he has done. "Go read some of his other threads."

solostyle said:
uhhhh...if the tires are squealing, that means he's hooking? I thought when the tires squeal and your leaving black marks, thats from "spinning" and not hooking. I could be wrong but I think I'm right. Tomac is "NOW" 400hp short, but at the diesel challenge, Jorge wasnt at 1200hp. Winning pulls isnt just from tires. It takes a driver also, and you should know that. Tomac is good at what he does. The 100mph was far-fetched but, if you watch his video and listen, you can hear his truck bounce off the rev-limiter so i guess there was some RPM's.....
First let me apoligize to anybody that chooses to read below, This has gotten way out of hand.
There is way too much crap being posted in this thread. FYI B & B is for BROKE & BUSTED, Black & Blue also fits but the first was what it was.
B & B Bandwagon? We are the band here & talking about our personal trucks & the accomplisnments that OUR personal trucks made. Jorge is a nice guy but as I said his entourage (fans) are jerks. His accomplishments are very attention getting & the truck is badass as I said before. YOU guys placed some high expectations on his truck that Jorge did not. I've seen people like this many times, you root for the best at the time. More than one of you made this personal by be heard saying "there is a truck from Miami coming to kick Steve's ass". That Fummins was built for this also. It DIDN'T happen on that day! Was my quote not true or deceptive in any manner. There is some more video from that day if you want to see it. YOU are full of excuses as are the rest of the bandwagon fans for Jorge that day. Jorge has had NO excuses on any of it & is coming back to try it again, I give him credit for that work ethic. He is working to get better at pulling & he will succeed at it soon. He needs a bad ass 4x4 to get through the excuses & tears you make though. This is par for the course though, we were told that Bobby Copeland was coming to kick our asses also. Then we were told you guys did not want to pull against us. Are you living through some else again? I want competition so I can continue to advance my truck. We do not/have not won all the time BUT you can't find any post with me crying or making excuses about loosing. The wheel is round & the DMaxs had there day that day. If you would have won, I would have congradulated you & went & worked harder on mine. That is being a good sport. Dave let's forget about any bandwagon stuff anymore. You took it to this level. Let's compare my truck to yours which is what WE control. You have more done to your truck then I do or that's the rumors anyway. Congrats to you on your last few pulls without breaking something because that's what I aim to do at them. Be a man & congradulate the winners when they win because that's what you'd want when you win. There is NOBODY that pulls against us that I haven't complimented, shook their hand or wished them good luck. They are some people that get caught up in this stuff way to much. Taking quotes from another board. Where was the thread copied over here for TOMAC when he won again. Ask MiKe(MoPower05) Dodge or Mike Peters- (Ford) I shake their hands discuss lines with the & always wish them luck. MoPower & I talk tires & setup all the time even while we are not at the track. That's how I approach it. No more personal attacks on a forum. I'd prefer to settle these track issues at the track. Bring your best, I always do. I also help FDTC members or anybody that asks. More then once I've givin them my next line & then thought crap, I hope they don't tear it up too much.
Off my soap box:
From this point I only talk about my truck or a team truck. I do not live through anybody elses truck except Steve's a little, HOWEVER I have a bunch of time working on that truck. Steve is very proud of what he has, he chose a route of #2 only & it's working. BTW....You ain't seen nothing yet out of either Mine(mines in a bunch of little pieces right now, by choice:evil) or Steves. Tyler's is coming along great, not bad for an 08 with stock trans.

Gotti2k7 said:
Now i wouldnt go as far as saying band wagon either. It seems that it always turns into a brand war every thread with something interesting. Just because some of us are fans of trucks. Doesnt mean were jumping on the wagon. Some of us arent like most of the Florida sports fans around. Buc's finally get something going and all the fans jump the wagon. And again this year the bulls. Now look at em. Im a fan of number 2. Trucks interest me. I think whats drawn me more and more to Jorges truck, is EVERYONE out there that doubt the things that he has done. "Go read some of his other threads."
I read the threads, In all honesty there are success & failures for the truck, as with high performance anything. The success out weigh failures & are VERY, VERY impressive. If anybody thinks I am bashing Jorge or his truck they are WAY off base. I wish I had the time, money, desire & personal commitment to have a truck like that.

You do not fall into the bandwagon mentality as most don't. Being brand loyal or brand specific is not what I'm talking about. The people I put in that group made this personal. His truck is bad ass no doubt. B & B was going to ask MoPower in but we really can't offer him help except a sticker. I know nothing about Dodges. This was not about brands. Maddog & Nasty Girl go through this same thing. I just hate being quoted like I'm a liar. ANYBODY that was at that pull THAT day has to admit nobody had anything for B & B. That can change at the next pull & I know that(it may have because my truck is in pieces) That's just how it works.

Well I did not know what was going on with this thread at all but just spent a good 20 minutes catching up.
Let me clear some stuff up in here.

I never claimed that i was going up to kick anyones butt especially in a pulling event when as everyone knows i did not trailer my truck up to the event but drove my truck to the event.
My truck has been setup for drag racing and yes with tires and a little time behind the wheel i am pretty sure i can scare some of the pulling guys here in my area.
I have a truck that cant have weight added to it like the Dmax's that i saw at the pull.
If we go pound for pound on our trucks I am pretty sure that none of these Dmax's would be able to hang with me.
It is simple math you need weight and power to suceed in sled pulling.
I will put up this challenge if any one is willing to take it. Drive your truck to the pulls just like i did take some air out of your all terrain tires and lets go pull.
Dont add any weight to your truck dont change your tires and lets see what happens.
I think i am a very good sport but when i get thrown into these wars i do come out and defend myself and like i have done time after time i prove what i preach.

W1cked said:
Well I did not know what was going on with this thread at all but just spent a good 20 minutes catching up.
Let me clear some stuff up in here.

I never claimed that i was going up to kick anyones butt especially in a pulling event when as everyone knows i did not trailer my truck up to the event but drove my truck to the event.
My truck has been setup for drag racing and yes with tires and a little time behind the wheel i am pretty sure i can scare some of the pulling guys here in my area.
I have a truck that cant have weight added to it like the Dmax's that i saw at the pull.
If we go pound for pound on our trucks I am pretty sure that none of these Dmax's would be able to hang with me.
It is simple math you need weight and power to suceed in sled pulling.
I will put up this challenge if any one is willing to take it. Drive your truck to the pulls just like i did take some air out of your all terrain tires and lets go pull.
Dont add any weight to your truck dont change your tires and lets see what happens.
I think i am a very good sport but when i get thrown into these wars i do come out and defend myself and like i have done time after time i prove what i preach.
You have nothing to clear up it WASN'T you. You have been straight up as far as I see. You shouldn't be defending anything, your truck speaks for you. It's all these other people speaking for you & there is nothing you can do to stop that.
I have never bashed or badmouthed you or your truck. Others have made this personal not you

Jorge, I am not getting into a pissing match with you. This was NEVER my intent & will not go there. I have no issues with you, your truck, your accomplishments or Dodges since someone else used the brand war thing. If you took it that way let me apoligize here or I'll even call you if you'd like it that way
Todd

WOW! This is interesting. Bobby Copeland was coming to kick asses? He cares about truck pulling like you care about me....nothing! He never onced said anything about you guys at all! "Cope boys arent pulling anymore," again is false. We all know who told you that and I said something to him at the last pull. I pull cause its kinda fun. Most importantly, its the diesel thing. I would rather watch diesels drag race but if its sled pulls that bring the diesels there, then I'll be there. I love trucks!!! We can compare our trucks if you want. I have a AFE intake and a Bullydog. THATS IT! no exhaust, no injectors, no added fuel pumps, no "sled" suspension set-up. I believe you have a lot more into yours. I never onced doubted any of your guys trucks. I love watching you trucks do what they do even if they are d-maxs :) Again, its diesel trucks and thats what im there to watch. I get talked into pulling the sled. I like it, but i dont. I dont wanna break something. Its my only ride!!!! Where you got the.."wickeds coming to kick your ass" comment is beyond me. I knew he was coming and was excited. I drove to Jupiter FL just to watch him make 2 passes down the track and to watch other diesels run their trucks. Again, I love diesel trucks! I have been to a lot of these pulls and I have never spoke to you or your wife as of yet. You guys spend a lot of time and effort into your trucks..be proud..you should. Steve i dont know how you think your truck is worn out because it doesnt show it. I seen out the corner of my eye at the drivers meeting some rolling of the eyes from a few d-max pullers when Jorge came to. I think thats a little disrespecting, dont you think? Not saying it was you but i did see it! Imbeginning to see a problem here and its from a middle man! Ill be driving to the next pulls to watch....hope to see you there!!!!!