Who's got the fastest daily driver?

i have two sets of stock chrome steelies w1cked. would let one set of them go really cheap, the tires are junk but you are replacing them anyways(pm me). oh im in plant city, fl also.

It's not just about tires and rims. It's about where you put weight on the truck, for one of many things. I was very impressed with Wicked. Power he made was amazing.. I want his motor. Sled pulling and drag racing are night and day on set-up. It's a dificult balance.
Jorge, I want to go street racing with you sometime. You have the ultimate Sleeper.

Freighttrain said:
It's not just about tires and rims. It's about where you put weight on the truck, for one of many things. I was very impressed with Wicked. Power he made was amazing.. I want his motor. Sled pulling and drag racing are night and day on set-up. It's a dificult balance.
Jorge, I want to go street racing with you sometime. You have the ultimate Sleeper.

thats the beauty of just the tires. If he had tires at the truck pulls, im sure he would have made the full pull. Not saying it he have beat you in the pull off, but atleast there would have been a pull of. Them tire were spinning 100mph the whole way down. Some tires would have helped. That truck is the ultimate sleeper. No one would guess that trucks consistent 11's and has dipped into the 10's....NO ONE! and they still dont! :doh:

I'll stand on my position "about tires". Jorge was hooking if he was squealling the tires.
Tomac was probably making around 800 hp to win the pull in the diesel challenge. He was short 400 hp and won. He knows a thing or 2 about set-up.
Wicked has more power than any other diesel I've seen in person.. Putting it to the ground is where it all matters. Jorge seems to have the resources to get the job done. He also has the desire to make it happen. Tire's are one of many factors when you hook to a 45,000 lb sled. I think he will step up and get'er done. I hope he does.
100 mph in 4 low? That's some rpm's.

I seen Jorges pull. If he had some meaty tires to get some more traction out of the hole, it would have allowed him to gain more mph which would have helped him drag that sled threw the traps... Tires play a big role in sled pulling, and he seemed to do a pretty good job at putting all that hp down. Even with the A/Ts on his truck at the last pull. At the end of his pulls hes spinning his tires like hes on ashalt. Not digging down like the other trucks with some aggressive tires.

Tomac was spinning out on a/t's when he won too. Nitros...I guess I need to step it up

Last edited:
Sorry guys have been away for a few days and did not read what was going on.
Freighttrain i would love to hook up with ya at the track. You let me knwo when you want to meet up and we can have a freindly race.
This is what it is all about having fun.
I am looking for some tires for the sled pulling event coming up on the 1st of Dec. Will you be there?
Maybe you can teach me a few things about pulling I am tottaly new to this pulling stuff.
The first time i ever pulled was at the Diesel Power Challenge.
I took third in the pull of becuase i left my overdrive on and truck just died when the overdrive kicked in.
I am looking foward to pulling again I really had a blast just want to get the power down to the ground now.

Jorge, My truck can't run with the power you make, but it would be fun. If they ever bring out an EFI program for you guy's, we are in trouble. You're street tires might work just be fine in Clewiston. Tracks are hard to prep for.

Last edited:
I too am impressed with that truck & the owner. I do not believe I have seen any finer truck then that Dodge especially at our podunk pulls.

On my soapbox:
I guess all badass trucks have this problem. The owners are super nice guys & gals but the entourage leaves a little to be desired. The "band wagon" guys make me sick though. Hope I never get famous.
Off my soapbox:

Good luck to everybody in Clewiston, to heck with how far you pull. No broken parts is the goal...at least mine anyway

I am taking the extra set of tires if i can get them in time. I can always change tires there at the track depending on what i see at that time.
It sure is fun to drive to the pull and leave driving your truck.
I really believe there is alot less stress on the truck during these pulls than going down the 1/4 mile track balls to the walls.

After re reading my post: I should have left off the "podunk pulls" I did not mean to imply anything but kudos for Jorge.
My apoligies for that

W1cked said:
It sure is fun to drive to the pull and leave driving your truck.
I did this also until I found out the diesel class pulls late & I got tired of changing tires in the rain @ midnight. :D

Driving to the pulls is a pain for sure. I rembember laying in cow ****e, changing tire's and adjusting my truck on several occasions.
I got tired of that real fast. I have created a trailer queen. Call it That, That's ok. I'll be driving it to work tomorrow.

W1cked said:
Dont trailer queens have to change tires also????
Not if you only bring 1 set of tires :D I'm old & deaf & I couldn't stand driving an hour with boggers singing

I am not going to run boggers. I am running A/T goodyears on my truck. Those tires make my truck ride like a cadillac. I ran my truck up to Wauchula going 100 mph average all the way up there.
I can take a set of tires in the back.
I saw trailer queens had a back up set of tires.

I bought a 30' gooseneck, just so I could carry my old worn out truck and extra tires to the pulls. I also bring a Gas compressor and air tool's to change'em with. Sled Pulli'n and drag racing are night and day apart. I'm running the same tires I ran when I first started (and loosing, bad). TNR has helped me find some suspension tricks that have helped. It's not about power. My truck only makes 650 +/- hp. as per David Dunbars Dyno.

W1cked said:
I am not going to run boggers. I am running A/T goodyears on my truck. Those tires make my truck ride like a cadillac. I ran my truck up to Wauchula going 100 mph average all the way up there.
I can take a set of tires in the back.
I saw trailer queens had a back up set of tires.
I doubt you are refering to the Nittos I had there as a second set but if you are they arrived 2 minutes before you did along with my wife who drove the truck. :) I personally hate the term "Trailer Queen" because some trailer in case they break something. Mine would be taking my wife to work tomorrow if she wasn't off for Veterens Day. Goodyear A/T's I never heard of them. Are they called something else? I may look at some because my Nittos are almost gone. The comment about riding like a Cadillac has peaked my interest :D

Last edited: