Who's got the fastest daily driver?

New at this!!!! Trying to decide on tires. Is bigger better for draging?

2001 dodge 2500 4x4, hrvp44, dragon 11 hole injectors, dunrite built trans, 690 rwhp. Trying to get it to hook up on the line.

blue said:
New at this!!!! Trying to decide on tires. Is bigger better for draging?
-----------------
blue:

Welcome to the website!

I wanted to tell you that I went to "Toyo Proxes ST" Tires on my 96' Dodge CTD 12 valve at the advice of CompD Member "Dockboy" and a few others here and can tell you they made a HUGE improvement over my old "B.F. Goodrich Radial All-Terrains" and the "Michelin LTX M/S" Tires I had on the truck previously. They really grip off the line, they are great in curves on the road and they are speed rated to 139 MPH versus 112 MPH on the BFG's and Michelins. The only drawback is they won't give you very long mileage. I was told around 20-25,000 miles is all, IF I kept them rotated.

Hope this helps you some.

--------
John_P

Just did a 1.53 60ft on Toyo Proxes - they bite. New time for Ol' Red is a 7.05 1/8ET at 97mph - equates out to a 11.00 - all throttle not bottle. Drove it there and drove it home.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Ideas. I would like to stay around 32" to 33" diameter with a 12" width. It looks like the Toyo will make that. I was told that they will chip out if not careful. Is that an issue while hard launching??????

The Toyo's are awesome....they just don't last.
Kumho Excsta STX are just as good and last quite a bit longer.
I tried both...then went back to the Kumho's when the Toyo's wore out.

the shop truck runs 11.7s and is exactly that a work truck a couple people drive it home we haul tractor parts in the bed and the chassis is bone stock 200k on all terrains and its faster then the owners 300c srt8 it just doesnt look as cool and the truck only has about 13k invested and thats buying it. its getting torn down now though bigger pump, bigger turbos, suspension bodywork and a cage hopefully 10s next year

Geez... Seems the InterwebbyInfomercialPatrol does their work well.

We showed up at the regional diesel club meeting last night in Casper. Several seemed shocked that it actually drives around everywhere. :confused:

"Where's the fiberglass parts?"

"Uh, our vette is glass. Is that what you're asking?"

"Why do you have parts in the bed?"

"Uh, they're too big to put in the cab?"

:D

revolutiondsl said:
the shop truck runs 11.7s and is exactly that a work truck a couple people drive it home we haul tractor parts in the bed and the chassis is bone stock 200k on all terrains and its faster then the owners 300c srt8 it just doesnt look as cool and the truck only has about 13k invested and thats buying it. its getting torn down now though bigger pump, bigger turbos, suspension bodywork and a cage hopefully 10s next year

That's sweet, Who pays for the parts? The boss or you/Drivers?

blue said:
Thanks for the Ideas. I would like to stay around 32" to 33" diameter with a 12" width. It looks like the Toyo will make that. I was told that they will chip out if not careful. Is that an issue while hard launching??????
-----------------------
blue:

The Toyos will "cup out" on the edges if you don't keep them rotated as I said above. But,.....for that matter the BFG's and Michelins I have had on my trucks do the same thing, just not as fast. It has not however affected my launches at all.

---------------
UNBROKEN:

Do you know what the speed rating is on the Kuhmos you have??

Thanks.

-------
John_P

McRat said:
Geez... Seems the InterwebbyInfomercialPatrol does their work well.

We showed up at the regional diesel club meeting last night in Casper. Several seemed shocked that it actually drives around everywhere. :confused:

"Where's the fiberglass parts?"

"Uh, our vette is glass. Is that what you're asking?"

"Why do you have parts in the bed?"

"Uh, they're too big to put in the cab?"

:D

I will back you up on that Pat, he was at SoCal Truck nights last night, with Casper, and mid 10 second truck, driven 50+ miles to truck nights.

Component services pays for the parts its kind of complicated but it all has to do with taxes and him spending so much a year which used to be easy when the business was just starting but now business is booming so he still has to spend money or he loses it. so he likes drag racing and cool cars and they have a full machine shop and a basketcase 94 came along for 3500 dollars. so they rebuilt the engine with lots of go fast parts

Looks like my choices on tires are Toyo Proxes S/T and Kumho Ecsta STX. The Kumhos are 31.5" tall versus 32.4" on the Toyos. Will this make much of a difference? My last run was 13.4 at 105mph, 2.1 at 60ft on OEM tires. The Kumho is a less expensive tire. I am also concerned with getting a light wheel that will hold up to 1500 ft/lb+ of torque at launch. Thanks for all of the advise.

John_P said:
-----------------------
UNBROKEN:

Do you know what the speed rating is on the Kuhmos you have??

Thanks.

-------
John_P
They are the same as the Toyo's as far as I remember. I'm about 1500 miles from my truck right now so I can't go look or I would. LOL
I've had both the Kumho's and the Toyo's up in excess of 140 mph in my truck...

UNBROKEN said:
They are the same as the Toyo's as far as I remember. I'm about 1500 miles from my truck right now so I can't go look or I would. LOL
I've had both the Kumho's and the Toyo's up in excess of 140 mph in my truck...

Being pulled by a dodge i see.....:hehe:

inline6359 said:
Being pulled by a dodge i see.....:hehe:

You know when I went to the Cummins headquarters for a tour I don't recall seeing anything Dodge except maybe in the parking lot.:hehe:

Well took my daily driver out sled pulling yesterday in Wauchoula Florida.
I think i did pretty good using the same tires i run at the track and daily.
Drove up from Miami to Wauchoula 198 miles from home. Sled pulled in two classes and drove back home.
Will put up some video when i get it.

W1cked said:
Well took my daily driver out sled pulling yesterday in Wauchoula Florida.
I think i did pretty good using the same tires i run at the track and daily.
Drove up from Miami to Wauchoula 198 miles from home. Sled pulled in two classes and drove back home.
Will put up some video when i get it.

Just curious... are you actually sponsored by those in your sig or do have that there because those are the parts you use ?