Who's got the fastest daily driver?

I ran 10.83 @ 126 without turning on the bottle. I think Stuckey was in the other lane at the time. Warmup pass.

Before I got my stang for a daily driver i ran a 12.28@110 on fuel and 35" tires. That was with with a full toolbox etc...7100lbs. Definatly not the fastest but not bad.

Ever hear that expression, "I can tow you faster than you can go under your own power?"

Dunno about that, but in this case the tow vehicle is certainly quicker than what's on the trailer:

caspermeanie.JPG

Mine, unfortunatly, is NOT faster than whats in the trailer.*bdh*

PA140797.JPG

Attachments

• PA140797.JPG
    PA140797.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 91
turbomatt1 said:
Mine, unfortunatly, is NOT faster than whats in the trailer.*bdh*

PA140797.JPG
It could be!!!!! I think ya need to call Stucky and get a new "Chunchit" valve and buy one of them damn things Timmay is selling.:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: Or, you could put it on the bottle:poke: Come on Matthew, MAN UP !!!! Gary

daily driver should be defined as the same way it is driven on the street (capable of towing the gvwr set by manufacture) no installing or modifying tunes,changing tires or pressures, installing or turning bottles on

just my opinion
best is 13.7@101

I think if you have a quick truck and you drive it every day on the street, to do normal every day stuff it's a daily driver...hence the name. A lot of the quicker trucks might be "street legal" but sure aren't driven daily.

CumminAtYa said:
I think if you have a quick truck and you drive it every day on the street, to do normal every day stuff it's a daily driver...hence the name. A lot of the quicker trucks might be "street legal" but sure aren't driven daily.

Yep

What about John_P's Red Rocket? 11.49's on fuel and no numbers on NX yet? He drives his all over the country to diesel events from NC.

haloman said:
What about John_P's Red Rocket? 11.49's on fuel and no numbers on NX yet? He drives his all over the country to diesel events from NC.

John's fastest pass is a 11.52 and that was with a small shot of spray.

That number is getting ready to be lower and will probably happen this weekend.

Just read this post, I just got back from Texas 3600 mile round trip pulling a trailer with parts and tools, was there to race Quick Diesel at the nationals and a vacation in southern Texas . I use my truck every day. I usally pull my first gen truck on the gooseneck to the races as a back up in case somthing breaks . The red truck gets better mileage and has better brakes. As you can see from my signiture it dosen't run too bad for a daily driver.
The picture is in front of a motel in Bowling Green when we were there for the TS race.

Attachments

• Bowling Green Hotel - Both Trucks resized.jpg
    Bowling Green Hotel - Both Trucks resized.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 63
haloman said:

To expand... For a truck that 'stuck' at 800 hp on #2 and almost 900 on N20 it's amazingly streetable. 11.52 is the fastest pass the truck has made. That was at Rockingham, NC back in april and I was driving. It had a .030 jet in a single nitrous stage that day. It has driven to and from the following diesel events this year from eastern NC: DHRA race at Clay City, ATS Truckfest in Denver, Fall Brawl in PA, Indy twice (the memorial race and DHRA Natl's), and the TS event in Bowling Green. Last weekend the truck drove from NC to fall brawl in PA, stopped at the Big Rig Truck race in Dinwidde, Virginia on the way back to click off some 11 second runs, and then headed back to NC getting 19mpg.

banshee said:
To expand... For a truck that 'stuck' at 800 hp on #2 and almost 900 on N20 it's amazingly streetable. 11.52 is the fastest pass the truck has made. That was at Rockingham, NC back in april and I was driving. It had a .030 jet in a single nitrous stage that day. It has driven to and from the following diesel events this year from eastern NC: DHRA race at Clay City, ATS Truckfest in Denver, Fall Brawl in PA, Indy twice (the memorial race and DHRA Natl's), and the TS event in Bowling Green. Last weekend the truck drove from NC to fall brawl in PA, stopped at the Big Rig Truck race in Dinwidde, Virginia on the way back to click off some 11 second runs, and then headed back to NC getting 19mpg.

Also to the TST dyno day in Columbus and SDE in Terre Haute. Both where where I saw John mash the truck to the floor on the dyno. :rockwoot:

Timebomb said:
Driven (not owned) 11.23 @ 124, 94 2wd 12valve #2

I forgot to mention that it was full weight, stock suspention, 200k mile stock long block, and the tail gate on and up, and 1.78 60ft, spining 2nd gear 80ft out real bad.......

Toolman said:
Just read this post, I just got back from Texas 3600 mile round trip pulling a trailer with parts and tools, was there to race Quick Diesel at the nationals and a vacation in southern Texas . I use my truck every day. I usally pull my first gen truck on the gooseneck to the races as a back up in case somthing breaks . The red truck gets better mileage and has better brakes. As you can see from my signiture it dosen't run too bad for a daily driver.
The picture is in front of a motel in Bowling Green when we were there for the TS race.

Toolman, you were at the same hotel as me at TS. We were there with the white and green 2nd gens and grey ford.

I drove the 2wd 06 to the track last night and ran an 11.61 at 120.5 (7.52 at 94 eighth) on regular 20'' radials.. I have to say the track was awesome. They dumped a ton of VHT on the line (and track) just before I ran. They were catering to some cars that were there to practice for a large event this weekend.. The truck started spinning around third gear and I had to pedal it just a bit, but it came off the line better than I could have imagined. The guy I raced in some type of quick BMW also cut his best 60' by 2 tenths and pulled a 1.7.. Solostyle and Walsh were there to watch it.. I can't wait to add boost fooling, a little pressure, and a tq conv lockup box..

Morse said:
I drove the 2wd 06 to the track last night and ran an 11.61 at 120.5 (7.52 at 94 eighth) on regular 20'' radials.. I have to say the track was awesome. They dumped a ton of VHT on the line (and track) just before I ran. They were catering to some cars that were there to practice for a large event this weekend.. The truck started spinning around third gear and I had to pedal it just a bit, but it came off the line better than I could have imagined. The guy I raced in some type of quick BMW also cut his best 60' by 2 tenths and pulled a 1.7.. Solostyle and Walsh were there to watch it.. I can't wait to add boost fooling, a little pressure, and a tq conv lockup box..

The BMW was the cool M3 coupe wagons. Sad thing for him was he cut a 1.7 60ft time and was still behind you! The track was awesome lastnight. Everything was hookin up. I managed to run a 14.1 with just a bullydog and afe and 6" lift with 37" kuhmos and 22" wheels. Im happy.:rockwoot: