Why is the 7.3 weaker?

Rob_Bones said:
you can never go wrong with a 12V cummins with a big P-pump! It will be cheaper, run longer, run harder, and sound a lot cooler that a PS could ever hope for. A side from that it was deigned around old technology. They arn't as simple as throw big sticks and a big charger at it... Good luck.

Wow that was insightful:umno:

I'm thinking were gonna see some kind of stand-alone fuel system that replaces most of the injection system. Maybe one that does away with the HUEI system all together. Something like a stand-alone fuel management system with a CP3 (or two) and some common rail injectors like the 6.4 has?

sure is fun to speculate:woohoo:

oldschoolPSD said:
Wow that was insightful:umno:

I'm thinking were gonna see some kind of stand-alone fuel system that replaces most of the injection system. Maybe one that does away with the HUEI system all together. Something like a stand-alone fuel management system with a CP3 (or two) and some common rail injectors like the 6.4 has?

sure is fun to speculate:woohoo:
Nope, it will be with the HEUI system.
But there will also be a standalone Common rail system as well as a standalone HEUI system.

Powerstroke Racer said:
But there will also be a standalone Common rail system as well as a standalone HEUI system.

:pop: :drool1: :pop: :drool1: :pop: :drool1:

:bow: Ok you need another test truck?... :drive: When is the estimated time of release?....... :pop:

Wow!! I can't wait to see what's coming!! This is gonna be good!!:woohoo:

:drool1: :pop: :drool1: :drool1: :pop: :drool1: :evil

Powerstroke Racer said:

I had a feeling we were saying bye bye to the stock PCM:woohoo:

Well thanks guys, this gives me alot of hope and some encouragement. Def. staying with the PSD 7.3 as planned now.
THanks,
Mike

oldschoolPSD said:
I had a feeling we were saying bye bye to the stock PCM:woohoo:
That is not what I said, the stock PCM works fine for me since I do my own tuning, but the cost of the software for others to do it themselves is a lil pricey and you would have a lot of garbage to wade through to make the changes in the necessary maps. Price wise the stand alone system will be in the 2000.00 range for the electonics and software and only good for 1 vehicle.

Powerstroke Racer said:
That is not what I said, the stock PCM works fine for me since I do my own tuning, but the cost of the software for others to do it themselves is a lil pricey and you would have a lot of garbage to wade through to make the changes in the necessary maps. Price wise the stand alone system will be in the 2000.00 range for the electonics and software and only good for 1 vehicle.

Yeah thats what i was thinking, a user-tunable standalone system similar to the one on my WRX would be sweet.

alldiesels said:
David needs to try to keep up with the 6.0 :} lol
Now thats funny right there. I would guess david would have to add a few hundred pounds to be a slow as a 6 oh no:hehe: The dinosaurs might be making a comeback:rockwoot: , but I guess it's hard to make a comeback when youre still on top.

Stroked95 said:
Now thats funny right there. I would guess david would have to add a few hundred pounds to be a slow as a 6 oh no:hehe: The dinosaurs might be making a comeback:rockwoot: , but I guess it's hard to make a comeback when youre still on top.
Alldiesels may have to install a banks power pack on his 6.0 to catchup lol

Stroked95 said:

I don't know what the future holds but I'd be keeping a close eye on the little red 6.0 . . . She may be 1.3 liters short in eyes of some but she's only 3 tenths from the throne! :rockwoot:

Click here to see Video

BilletGarage said:
:pop: :drool1: :pop: :drool1: :pop: :drool1:

:hehe: my thoughts as well....please keep it coming....I woumder if we will be able to break 1,000hp on fuel.

785278643303_0_ALB.jpg
txastuff79 said:
i have a full boat anchor 2002 f350 if needed.
I have one of those too

BilletGarage said:
I don't know what the future holds but I'd be keeping a close eye on the little red 6.0 . . . She may be 1.3 liters short in eyes of some but she's only 3 tenths from the throne! :rockwoot:

Click here to see Video
A few questions for you.
First, Do you know what dictates horsepower?
Second, Do you know what dictates torque?
Third, What determines ET?
and finally, What does MPH at the end of the 1/4 tell you?

I'll give you one hint in case you don't know the correct answers!!
All the correct answers will put a 7.3 on top over a 6.0:hehe:

BTW this is not a slam on the 6.0 guys, just simple facts of automotive performance.

Powerstroke Racer said:
A few questions for you.
First, Do you know what dictates horsepower?
Second, Do you know what dictates torque?
Third, What determines ET?
and finally, What does MPH at the end of the 1/4 tell you?

I'll give you one hint in case you don't know the correct answers!!
All the correct answers will put a 7.3 on top over a 6.0:hehe:

BTW this is not a slam on the 6.0 guys, just simple facts of automotive performance.

Well David, I do know the old saying that "there is no replacement for displacement" but I also know that the right power to weight ratio can do wonders for ET in the 1/4 mile. Look at any of the small imports in the 10's some with less than 2 liters of displacement. Definately don't have your knowledge in the diesel arena but I'm content watching and learning. I definately wasn't trying to diminish your accomplishments with my comment. Your truck is impressive and no doubt you've put your heart and soul into building her. Truth is, I am excited to see you, Zane, and Gene battling for blue oval bragging rights.

I was just making the point that Stroked Lightning has run an 11.51 which is undeniable proof to me that a 6.0 can be competitive with the 7.3's in the current battle for the 10's. Maybe you'll prove me wrong. I am just a big fan of the little red truck and want to see it do well. That's all.

So when will we see that 11.27 backed up? :poke:

Back