Why is the 7.3 weaker?

I think most would admit that the Ford is a better overall truck, but the engine isn't really desired for competition. How man Cummins engines find their way into Fords? How many powerstrokes find their way into Dodges?

As for competing trucks, most if not all of the Fords that drive there aren't as powerful as the Dodges you speak of and worth the effort of trailering.

As for Dodge guys posting in here, last I checked the forum was free for anyone to post in any section regardless of brand. If you're complaining about us Dodge guys being in here and posting then stay out of the Dodge threads. I happen to see a lot of Ford and GM owners post in Dodge/Cummins specific threads. Funny how ya'll piss and moan when we come in to your threads.

FWIW, Not only do I tow a 10K trailer to sled pulls, then my truck competes in street modified and then hauls a 10K trailer out of there. I am the only one on the circuit that does that. I am also the only Ford...
So did you stop to think that others don't do the same not because they can't but because they just don't want to?

CumminAtYa said:
I think most would admit that the Ford is a better overall truck, but the engine isn't really desired for competition. How man Cummins engines find their way into Fords? How many powerstrokes find their way into Dodges?NONE!!! Damn your a smart one......

As for competing trucks, most if not all of the Fords that drive there aren't as powerful as the Dodges you speak of and worth the effort of trailering.Lets see, the dodges that pull in my class are behind me in the standings. It's the damn D-maxs that kick my butt usually.

As for Dodge guys posting in here, last I checked the forum was free for anyone to post in any section regardless of brand. If you're complaining about us Dodge guys being in here and posting then stay out of the Dodge threads. I happen to see a lot of Ford and GM owners post in Dodge/Cummins specific threads. Funny how ya'll piss and moan when we come in to your threads. I did not piss and moan about anything. Only point out a fact....Deny it, you can't.

So did you stop to think that others don't do the same not because they can't but because they just don't want to?:bs: If they could, they would. Human nature. What is your college degree in?

:shake:

Last edited:
The questions on Cummins into Ford and PSD into Dodge was rhetorical and didn't require an answer, smart one.
Even if there aren't many Dodge's in your class the 7.3 still isn't as strong a runner of the duramax. (insert your "smart one" comment here)
I didn't deny anything about posting, stated a fact. Ya'll come in our threads too.
Is your name Comp461 because you sound just like him.

you know why they're tryin this?? cause all the moderate performance guys with 7.3s (and there are LOTS of 7.3s still runnin around...) would all love to see the powerstrokes competing in the high-performance world... and imagine if somehow (SOMEHOW) we could get these powerstrokes to compete and the cummins guys switch over to powerstrokes.. the duramax guys start switching... the world would be upside down!!

Glasseater said:
you know why they're tryin this?? cause all the moderate performance guys with 7.3s (and there are LOTS of 7.3s still runnin around...) would all love to see the powerstrokes competing in the high-performance world... and imagine if somehow (SOMEHOW) we could get these powerstrokes to compete and the cummins guys switch over to powerstrokes.. the duramax guys start switching... the world would be upside down!!

As much as I love my ford. Putting a PSD in a dodge or chevy would be like taking a sack lunch to smorgasbord. Totally ridiculous. One day I might think of putting a cummins in a ford, but that is down the road a few blown engines first.

I don't even attempt to try high performance. I am only mild performance at best. If I can keep Tom(cummins) and Nick(Duramax) from making it to a pull I have a chance at winning.

OH, well. I will take second or third. It is only for fun as there are no checks in my pulling circuit, at least that I am aware of.

Keep Strokin'

i too love all brands of diesels but im a ford guy at heart and always will... and at least around where i live my "weak" 7.3 has no problems w/ the cummins and d'maxs running around...

CumminAtYa said:
What neck of the woods do you camp out in?
what does it mater? How often do you actually run into trucks that run like the ones on this form. 90 percent of the guys on the street have cold air chip and exhaust and they think it's the fastest thing around. I know of like 10-15 trucks in my state that are more than just a bolt on daily driver. I'd get tired of typing if I got on here everytime I pulled a cummins, dmax, or stroke Most people are not on this level. SO*bdh* and be happy with what ya got. I AM.

99powerstroke said:
southport greenwood area.. i live in mcfarland farms off of southport and 65
I thought I recognized your truck for some reason. Turns out I was correct. Would you believe we live within walking distance of each other? I live behind Bubbaz Bar & Grill in Overlook at Valley Ridge. Small world!

BTW JW are you hitting the Jamboree this weekend at the State Fairgrounds?
SVT said:
what does it mater?
Read above, and you will see why I thought it mattered. :thankyou2:

Last edited:
CumminAtYa said:
I thought I recognized your truck for some reason. Turns out I was correct. Would you believe we live within walking distance of each other? I live behind Bubbaz Bar & Grill in Overlook at Valley Ridge. Small world!

BTW JW are you hitting the Jamboree this weekend at the State Fairgrounds?

Read above, and you will see why I thought it mattered. :thankyou2:

This is the cool part of these forums. I have chatted with people just blocks away and now we BBQ and the kids play together.

Way to go guys. That is what this is all about. Not just the trucks, but the camerarderie that goes with it...

strokin_early99 said:
This is the cool part of these forums. I have chatted with people just blocks away and now we BBQ and the kids play together.

Way to go guys. That is what this is all about. Not just the trucks, but the camerarderie that goes with it...
Yep, in the end we are all united IMO.

CumminAtYa said:
Yep, in the end we are all united IMO.

well hell i will have to drive through there later today and see if i see your truck.. if you see me out say hey.. im usually in my diesel, s/c harley truck or 63 impala fawn color maybe seen me around... good to know someone close on the board..

99powerstroke said:
well hell i will have to drive through there later today and see if i see your truck.. if you see me out say hey.. im usually in my diesel, s/c harley truck or 63 impala fawn color maybe seen me around... good to know someone close on the board..
It'll be hard to find unless you come after 9pm and before 7 am the next few days! I have a chit ton of stuff to do before the Jamboree on Fri, Sat and Sun. There are a few other diesels in here, some guy has a new 08 towards the front, another has a harley SD 6.0, there's a 7.3 near my building as well as a couple of 3rd gens, one read dually and another is a white mega dually on 24.5" wheels.

Back