Why is the 7.3 weaker?

Shaw said:
Is this going to be something we can purchase for our injectors from you? Does it have to do with getting the oil OUT of the injector?
both in and out!!
Unfortunately it is a modification that is done to the injector itself, so they will have to pulled and sent in.
and we can do the modification to any current injector.

The most unfortunate part for us is that once we have done a few the word will spread so quickly that most other shops will be able to easily duplicate the modification.
That will be my gift to the 7.3 high performance world.

Is what ever you are doing to the injector going to increase the injection pressure at the nozzle along with the cc of fuel? In other words when you make an injector say 350 cc, are you now going to get all the fuel out at the higher injection pressure, not just dribble out the nozzle, and then have the intensiver piston return all the way back for another full 350cc? Or am I wrong and that never was the problem?

Shaw said:
Is what ever you are doing to the injector going to increase the injection pressure at the nozzle along with the cc of fuel? In other words when you make an injector say 350 cc, are you now going to get all the fuel out at the higher injection pressure, not just dribble out the nozzle, and then have the intensiver piston return all the way back for another full 350cc? Or am I wrong and that never was the problem?
Sounds like you know how the injector should work.

I think I know how it should work. I also think that it doesn't work the way it should when you stroke it to get more cc of fuel or increase the diamiter of the intensifer piston (B codes). I just don't think the intensifer spring can return the piston fast enough over repeated injection events to get the full cc of fuel the program is asking for. I have been reading what Dave would hint at on TDS and he always said that its not HPOP but getting the oil out of the injector. He gave quite a few examples of his thoughts over an extended period of time, but of course every one would attack him as soon as he would post so he would then stop talking. I am guessing this is "the big light bulb" that he turned on for you? Can you at least answer the last question?

Also a side note - on the TDS you said you could hook up people with a full out diy programer, would it work with an OBS or only SD?

Shaw said:
I think I know how it should work. I also think that it doesn't work the way it should when you stroke it to get more cc of fuel or increase the diamiter of the intensifer piston (B codes). I just don't think the intensifer spring can return the piston fast enough over repeated injection events to get the full cc of fuel the program is asking for. I have been reading what Dave would hint at on TDS and he always said that its not HPOP but getting the oil out of the injector. He gave quite a few examples of his thoughts over an extended period of time, but of course every one would attack him as soon as he would post so he would then stop talking. I am guessing this is "the big light bulb" that he turned on for you? Can you at least answer the last question?

Also a side note - on the TDS you said you could hook up people with a full out diy programer, would it work with an OBS or only SD?
If your talking about returning fully, yes.
We have 2 ways to tune, one the software that gives full access to the factory PCM and the other is a stand alone unit that we are still working on.

I have a set of your BD codes not sure on the nozzel size but it wont keep a GTK76 lit. Ill post the video later hopefully. But im looking for some more fuel.

99Binder said:
I have a set of your BD codes not sure on the nozzel size but it wont keep a GTK76 lit. Ill post the video later hopefully. But im looking for some more fuel.
Stock BD's?
MY GT45R can't come close to clearing up my BD's.

I should say that we went to a tractor pull on the fourth and when we pulled around 250 when the pan started dropping it fell under the turbo. A guy with banks and nitrous pulled 300 and a efi lived dmax pulled 295 just to give you a little more background.

Stroked95 said:
Find another 7.3 yet:poke:

Haha, nope. Even if I did, I am sure I would not have the money to perform this kind of conversion :bang I will stick with the 6er I got. But thanks for asking. :D

so can we have any more info on this supposed amazing new 7.3 technology!!! like any estimated power outputs or anything??

If they are able to double the fuel I would image that would make 1000hp possible, and I am sure it will find some kind of weakness. Thats a lot of power.

Simple truth is that all the 7.3's will be left in the dust by 12V 24V CR and D-Maxes. If you want big power just stay away, its so much easier to get power out of the others, and so much safer. Theirs a reason that the fastest 7.3 cant hold a candle to the fastest cummins and d-max's, nor can they dyno any where near their level.

Last edited:
CookCR said:
Simple truth is that all the 7.3's will be left in the dust by 12V 24V CR and D-Maxes. If you want big power just stay away, its so much easier to get power out of the others, and so much safer. Theirs a reason that the fastest 7.3 cant hold a candle to the fastest cummins and d-max's, nor can they dyno any where near their level.

Thats true today, but it wasn't too long ago that I heard people saying the 7.3L would never make more than 500 hp, then 600 hp, then 650 hp, then 700 hp, ....

I remember my dad told me once that back when he was racing D/ALT that Cal Tech did a study and said that it was impossible for any vehicle to go faster than 100 mph in the quarter mile. :hehe:

:kick:

thetonka said:
Thats true today, but it wasn't too long ago that I heard people saying the 7.3L would never make more than 500 hp, then 600 hp, then 650 hp, then 700 hp, ....

I remember my dad told me once that back when he was racing D/ALT that Cal Tech did a study and said that it was impossible for any vehicle to go faster than 100 mph in the quarter mile. :hehe:

:kick:

very true, i remember when they said that the almighty cummins would never break 750hp... then it was 850hp... 900.... 1000... and now there's a 12v at 1200+ and CRs already at 1200+... and just a couple years ago dmax's were hittin 750-800 if they were VERY lucky... now they also have a couple trucks above 1000hp
now the 7.3 is in the same boat... it's at the point where people say it won't break 800... it will go up

CookCR said:
**makes mental note on who said that**

What flavor sauce would you like to have with your crow?

Back