Why is the 7.3 weaker?

Put a cummins in it. Soooo much easier to put in, and build to make power out of. Better fuel mileage and longevity too.

Eric

CookCR said:
Simple truth is that all the 7.3's will be left in the dust by 12V 24V CR and D-Maxes. If you want big power just stay away, its so much easier to get power out of the others, and so much safer. Theirs a reason that the fastest 7.3 cant hold a candle to the fastest cummins and d-max's, nor can they dyno any where near their level.
I read a good quote the other day. "..the overconfidence of many Cummins owners will be funny to watch in the end":what:

:hehe: I am laughing too. I wouldn't mind seeing a PSD be competitive in drag racing. Ben Miller's 7.3 has done decent in the pulling segment. It's not just ease and lower cost of making the Cummins and D-max engines quicker, it's the reputation they have established already. I enjoy the PSD guy's talk of "we'll be in the 10's (in pickups) soon" while Cummins guy says "well, we're running 9's in pickups, and 7's in rails so your 10's are still lagging" I mean come one, let's see it. Bring those Powerstrokes and back up the tens talk. Make us Cummins guys eat our words....uh, yeah....I think not.:hehe: *bdh* :blahblah1: :poke:

CumminAtYa said:
:hehe: I am laughing too. I wouldn't mind seeing a PSD be competitive in drag racing. Ben Miller's 7.3 has done decent in the pulling segment. It's not just ease and lower cost of making the Cummins and D-max engines quicker, it's the reputation they have established already. I enjoy the PSD guy's talk of "we'll be in the 10's (in pickups) soon" while Cummins guy says "well, we're running 9's in pickups, and 7's in rails so your 10's are still lagging" I mean come one, let's see it. Bring those Powerstrokes and back up the tens talk. Make us Cummins guys eat our words....uh, yeah....I think not.:hehe: *bdh* :blahblah1: :poke:

give it time it'll come... i see mid-10s before next year

CumminAtYa said:

give it time it'll come... i see mid-10s before next year

There is only one shop claiming tens soon for the last couple of years.....and they can't seem to keep a motor together in the 11's. Look for WOP to be the first.

bbunting said:
There is only one shop claiming tens soon for the last couple of years.....and they can't seem to keep a motor together in the 11's. Look for WOP to be the first.

i see more of a private truck builder to be the first... that guy with the OBS that runs lke 11.1 right now or whatever he runs

Stroked95 said:
I read a good quote the other day. "..the overconfidence of many Cummins owners will be funny to watch in the end":what:

:hehe: :hehe: wow!!! you would have to slow those passing smileys down to a near crawl but i still think not,

TMONEYDIESEL said:
:hehe: :hehe: wow!!! you would have to slow those passing smileys down to a near crawl but i still think not,

gonna have to agree with stroker on this one :rockwoot:

Glasseater said:
i see more of a private truck builder to be the first... that guy with the OBS that runs lke 11.1 right now or whatever he runs
Umm, yeah isn't that Wide Opens truck? OBS that tied Lott's two year old record? I've heard PSD tens talk for a long time now. It's time to quit talking about it and just do it already.

CumminAtYa said:
Umm, yeah isn't that Wide Opens truck? OBS that tied Lott's two year old record? I've heard PSD tens talk for a long time now. It's time to quit talking about it and just do it already.

oh is that the white OBS???

both WOP and Bean's (SappsPSD actually) have OBS white standard cabs in the 11's

it get confusing sometimes

so whatever happened with that "amazing 7.3" technology that was supposed to come out??:pop:

Glasseater said:
so whatever happened with that "amazing 7.3" technology that was supposed to come out??:pop:
I am surprised they would put the time and money into R&D for it since there are like 3 people interested in drag racing with 7.3's.

the cummins is the chevy 350 of the diesel world anyone can perfect something over 60 years WHAT DO YOU DO FOR AN ONCHOIR???

SVT said:
the cummins is the chevy 350 of the diesel world anyone can perfect something over 60 years WHAT DO YOU DO FOR AN ONCHOIR???
I am totally confused with your post. Are you knocking the Cummins? Saying it is "old?"
And WTF is an onchoir?

I love to hear all of the bash talk about the PSD. The ironic part is over 50% of all the tow rigs out there pulling those "big power" trailer queens to the track are Fords. They all say "I compete with a cummins but you won't catch me dead in a dodge on the street. If you are going to haul a load then you need a ford..."

Now take a look at the fords that do compete. Most of the trucks are driven to the events. Most of the praised cummins trucks are trailered.

I don't have a dog in this hunt because I am only around 500hp, so I know nothing about fords, but I have to keep this thread going. Funny how the thread is in the ford section and all of the dodge guys have crap to say. Forrest Gump said "Stupid is as stupid does"

Keep Strokin'

FWIW, Not only do I tow a 10K trailer to sled pulls, then my truck competes in street modified and then hauls a 10K trailer out of there. I am the only one on the circuit that does that. I am also the only Ford...

Last edited:
Back