Will they be next to be shut down...

This right here is a rather scary problem, I don't suppose giving up the vin tag on race vehicles would fly either with these people. How new was his UCC truck? Something that had a dpf?

His truck is a 01-02 body style chevy... so I assume lb7 but I guess it could be LLY/LBZ swapped, regardless. Still a pre DPF truck

Having a bit of experience in this area and conversing with the epa engineers and lawyers, they are not looking at race vehicles that still have vin numbers. I believe that this argument is an internet/social media rumor. I may be wrong but with speaking with them, they are not going after the converted street vehicles with vin numbers that are used for race/pulling/dyno queens/etc.

This is a hit on the suppliers, not the end users. they don't have the band width to go after the end users. Cut off the supply and you limit the "problem" just like drugs. There will always be the black market and small local markets, they hit the bigger players and it makes a statement. Scare factor goes a long way for the small businesses in the area as a 50,000,000.00+ fine makes you rethink your business decisions.

Rob I agree, the reason I said what I said about the VIN meaning it can't be converted to to race only application is because many shop owners have been told that by EPA agents. The BS of this whole situation is there is no straight answer... every shop has been told something slightly different then the other.
The EPA needs regulation of some sort, they can't interpret laws for themselves.
I think we can all agree we want clean air and less pollution but acting like I'm some sort of criminal because I took what was once a stock truck and turned it into a 1500hp drag truck that I trailer to the strip is a little ridiculous.
But you're 100% right they'll go after the big dogs, if you make it impossible to get these performance parts the only one's who survive are those with the skills to fabricate their own or personally know people.
Interesting to see where all this goes over the years...

Rob I agree, the reason I said what I said about the VIN meaning it can't be converted to to race only application is because many shop owners have been told that by EPA agents. The BS of this whole situation is there is no straight answer... every shop has been told something slightly different then the other.
The EPA needs regulation of some sort, they can't interpret laws for themselves.
I think we can all agree we want clean air and less pollution but acting like I'm some sort of criminal because I took what was once a stock truck and turned it into a 1500hp drag truck that I trailer to the strip is a little ridiculous.
But you're 100% right they'll go after the big dogs, if you make it impossible to get these performance parts the only one's who survive are those with the skills to fabricate their own or personally know people.
Interesting to see where all this goes over the years...

Of course they can.... and they are. This is why EVERYONE should stand against big govt of any kind.

Do you guys think vehicles had no emissions standards prior to the installation of DPF systems?

I agree. Just seems if its pre dpf stuff most shops here dont seem to care. I know 2015 duramax I worked on got failed recently for no "cat or muffler" etc from a local inspection shop. Guy said there was a 05 06 5.9 in front of him that had a stack that passed lol. I stuck an old muffler I had laying around on it and they passed him.

Kory cough cough willis cough banks sneeze fart cough cough

Whitey may also have a vested interest in keeping them out of the gasser side also.

I as well vote that Kory Willis is the Whitey Bulger of the community.

I'll say this... I have completed engine calibration, algorithm and software development for two different OEM's. What Kory is doing is absolute BS. Sure, he has a dyno with emissions equipment. He can increase output and still meet ambient emissions. Where's his 40 and 100 degF data? What about his 4k and 100k emissions equipment data? Lastly, what about his IUMPR data? I am certianly interested in his diagnostic data. All of this is required for CARB certification to obtain 50 state legality and EPA 36 state legality. I'd also question his impact to the emissions equipment. Is the emissions equipment truly able to withstand his street legal tuning? I won't state any safety factors used by the OEM's, but I will say that emissions equipment and precious metals are expensive, so I doubt it...

Do you guys think vehicles had no emissions standards prior to the installation of DPF systems?

This is all I could think about reading through this.

Chit my 81 Fairmont had EGR on its little 6 banger gas job I yanked out...

I as well vote that Kory Willis is the Whitey Bulger of the community.

I'll say this... I have completed engine calibration, algorithm and software development for two different OEM's. What Kory is doing is absolute BS. Sure, he has a dyno with emissions equipment. He can increase output and still meet ambient emissions. Where's his 40 and 100 degF data? What about his 4k and 100k emissions equipment data? Lastly, what about his IUMPR data? I am certianly interested in his diagnostic data. All of this is required for CARB certification to obtain 50 state legality and EPA 36 state legality. I'd also question his impact to the emissions equipment. Is the emissions equipment truly able to withstand his street legal tuning? I won't state any safety factors used by the OEM's, but I will say that emissions equipment and precious metals are expensive, so I doubt it...

This crosses my mind every time I hear about "emission friendly" tuning. Obtaining OEM emissions certification is quite the process as you mentioned, I can't imagine a small company has the resources to do it by the books.

This crosses my mind every time I hear about "emission friendly" tuning. Obtaining OEM emissions certification is quite the process as you mentioned, I can't imagine a small company has the resources to do it by the books.
Agreed. Just because the DPF / SCR is there doesn't mean it's certified or compliant for NOx, PM, etc. We are in the process of obtaining a certification for a single customer on a single serial number prefix, which is a T3 engine and its just north of $300k for the certification and testing costs.

Obviously there is a difference between certification for OEMs and compliance for the aftermarket, but I'd question if anyone out there has an EPA compliant tune for DPF / SCR system with aftermarket tuning, unless someone is changing dosing rates in their tunes, which is unlikely.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Well, OK, this is probably why anyone would team up with Unkle Gale. They have already been down the road with CARB and have resources. In that manner a tuner becomes more of a consultant to GBE, or employee, take your pick.

I mean he could be doing nothing more than 40F testing, driveability, finding glitches, you know....more like a development / test engineer.

Last edited:
I just wanna know whos dik Derive sucked to only get a 300k fine

Love how they dont have to be destroyed as long as they leave North America. Pollution isnt a thing overseas.

I have said since the beginning of this, it has NOTHING to do with pollution, and EVERYTHING to do with money.

Remember how great that deezul brothers show was for the industry...... And I was the a$$hole for calling them out, seeing they would put this mainstream for the world to see.
I was 100% with you!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back