Will they be next to be shut down...

I'm kinda worried that if they smash Exergy and S&S, the common rail crew will be really hosed. It's not like you can DIY those on yer drill press....they're critical must-purchase parts for virtually everyone.

Could the gubbermint patch together an argument that a 250% CR injector is illegal to sell, because in their minds, it would only serve one purpose?

Discuss.

I've actually been wandering if Fleece/Freedom racing and II have received visits.

I think were a ways off from them going after fueling companies but I get what you're saying. That would really be the nail in the coffin for alot of guys especially new builds

Having a bit of experience in this area and conversing with the epa engineers and lawyers, they are not looking at race vehicles that still have vin numbers. I believe that this argument is an internet/social media rumor. I may be wrong but with speaking with them, they are not going after the converted street vehicles with vin numbers that are used for race/pulling/dyno queens/etc.

This is a hit on the suppliers, not the end users. they don't have the band width to go after the end users. Cut off the supply and you limit the "problem" just like drugs. There will always be the black market and small local markets, they hit the bigger players and it makes a statement. Scare factor goes a long way for the small businesses in the area as a 50,000,000.00+ fine makes you rethink your business decisions.

Last edited:
Thanks for chiming in rob. Your truck, mcrats duramax, and Shane kellogs gotta have it cummins actually got me into diesels. It was a damn shame what happened.
Well that is good then. Hopefully they dont come after or crack down on the actual competition use only trucks. **** gets much worse or to the point i can't get inspected I'll pull it off the road and it will be competition only. I know a few friends shops that have stopped doing delete n tunes and wont do inspections on them either for fear of getting fined out of business.

Last edited:
Having a bit of experience in this area and conversing with the epa engineers and lawyers, they are not looking at race vehicles that still have vin numbers. I believe that this argument is an internet/social media rumor. I may be wrong but with speaking with them, they are not going after the converted street vehicles with vin numbers that are used for race/pulling/dyno queens/etc.

This is a hit on the suppliers, not the end users. they don't have the band width to go after the end users. Cut off the supply and you limit the "problem" just like drugs. There will always be the black market and small local markets, they hit the bigger players and it makes a statement. Scare factor goes a long way for the small businesses in the area as a 50,000,000.00+ fine makes you rethink your business decisions.

Bingo- You gonna fine 10,000 people $3k, or do you go fine 1 person $3M?

I'm kinda worried that if they smash Exergy and S&S, the common rail crew will be really hosed. It's not like you can DIY those on yer drill press....they're critical must-purchase parts for virtually everyone.

Could the gubbermint patch together an argument that a 250% CR injector is illegal to sell, because in their minds, it would only serve one purpose?

Discuss.

Whats up man?? Where you been hidin at?

I do believe that social media definitely small portion of what the EPA is doing and exploded it.

However, talking with some of the older diesel enthusiast they do believe completely that youtube, instagram and all the other social media sites did cause this. Most of them say that they got out of building diesels due to the fact that it was shop vs shop instead of person vs person (building the trucks). With that being said, do you guys believe that all this EPA **** is going to revert it back to how it use to be?

I can't even have a good conversation with any of the younger "diesel enthusiast" other than a select few because of the fact they don't even know whats done to there truck. Just that they dropped it of at a shop and they built it for them. Really upsetting in my opinion. Im almost wondering if this is going to scare of the people that are into the hobby just for loud exhaust and black smoke.

Whats up man?? Where you been hidin at?

Good to be "back" after taking the last decade to:
- raise 2 teenage daughters (they still talk to me #winning)
- keep my damn job!
- stay married (she still likes me #winning)
- I think I probably had a midlife crisis and needed to get my head screwed back on.

So of course right as I'm wanting to re-engage, all this shiznit happens, and I wonder if there's gonna be anything left to come back to.

The crux of the matter is that you can't hide black diesel smoke. It's that stupid.

Anyone bothering the turbo LS crowd that moves a bazillion CFM of invisible emissions? No.

I do believe that social media definitely small portion of what the EPA is doing and exploded it.

However, talking with some of the older diesel enthusiast they do believe completely that youtube, instagram and all the other social media sites did cause this. Most of them say that they got out of building diesels due to the fact that it was shop vs shop instead of person vs person (building the trucks). With that being said, do you guys believe that all this EPA **** is going to revert it back to how it use to be?

I can't even have a good conversation with any of the younger "diesel enthusiast" other than a select few because of the fact they don't even know whats done to there truck. Just that they dropped it of at a shop and they built it for them. Really upsetting in my opinion. Im almost wondering if this is going to scare of the people that are into the hobby just for loud exhaust and black smoke.
I dont think most of the young crowd even cares about performance. All I see is people that want smoke and / or eighteen sets of spacers and 28x18 Forces with some janky lift and no front driveshaft with ripped up seats and busted dashes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I dont think most of the young crowd even cares about performance. All I see is people that want smoke and / or eighteen sets of spacers and 28x18 Forces with some janky lift and no front driveshaft with ripped up seats and busted dashes.

I know very few that are into performance that are around my age (23). But being totally honest I don't see many people my age really caring about anything... Me and my wife mainly have friends that are in the higher 20's if not 30's because for some reason its not normal to have a good career, family and kid at my age..

U seen the price on some of these lifts? Those airlifts that are being slapped under alumiturds are $30k plus.... just the lift!

Hell there's a big shop around here called allout offroad and theres this obvious smurf blue show truck there and I couldn't help myself one day I had to go there just to find out who drove it and pick up some shocks for the CRD.... met the dude and told him his girlfriends truck looks great. Not a happy camper he was.

But being totally honest I don't see many people my age really caring about anything...

Everyone young seems to just want to be entertained.

FB and all social media are a VAST waste of time. As is 99% of TV.

I recommend to everyone, start with one night a week where you shut off all media, leave your phone in the house, and just go work in the shop. Get something done. Do something that moves your goals forward, even if it's one inch.

The next week....make it 2 nights....

Pretty soon you'll realize how much mind-numbing garbage is out there to be consumed. Just don't be a part of it. Our time here is limited. Don't burn it down on stuff that matters zero.

I'm 27 and that's all I care about. Got a few friends that are the same way. I cant stand the huge lifts, wheel well lights, and 24x30 with a -309 offset. When I was younger i road in a dual pump ppe standard tuned duramax that was a puller and I was hooked. Theres a kid that rolls around near me in a 16 lml huge lift wheels tires built engine transmission etc etc and probabaly cant change the oil or grease the front end. I Deleted n tuned the truck before he moved and the engine was built. When he dropped the truck off he made the comment he wanted to tune it himself but couldnt figure out where to hook the autocal up. He had the USB cord in it that runs to the laptop.

Can we take a minute to talk about the joys of agricultural based fertilizer, and the smells of properly proportioned diesel fuel??? Sounds pretty environmentally friendly to me!!

Or the exhaust from restaurants

Burger King seems to be a big visible contributor to hydrocarbons, but maybe not. Everyone I pass is pumping out that delicious blue smoke.

Again, its what you can visibly see, not necessarily what is in the smoke.

Good to be "back" after taking the last decade to:
- raise 2 teenage daughters (they still talk to me #winning)
- keep my damn job!
- stay married (she still likes me #winning)
- I think I probably had a midlife crisis and needed to get my head screwed back on.

So of course right as I'm wanting to re-engage, all this shiznit happens, and I wonder if there's gonna be anything left to come back to.

The crux of the matter is that you can't hide black diesel smoke. It's that stupid.

Anyone bothering the turbo LS crowd that moves a bazillion CFM of invisible emissions? No.

Glad you are doing well brother!

Can we take a minute to talk about the joys of agricultural based fertilizer, and the smells of properly proportioned diesel fuel??? Sounds pretty environmentally friendly to me!!

The friendliest.

Burger King seems to be a big visible contributor to hydrocarbons, but maybe not. Everyone I pass is pumping out that delicious blue smoke.

Again, its what you can visibly see, not necessarily what is in the smoke.

I'm gonna throw away my cookers and give up BBQ for the environment.

Anyone else see this story from Houston on 9/12? They technically could've been shot just for entering a foreign trade zone without clearance.... instead they gave us home made neuces we couldn't even follow through with.

gallery_medium.jpg

Protesters arrested after daylong demonstration shuts down Houston Ship Channel - HoustonChronicle.com

Back