Will they be next to be shut down...

I wonder if this is why dennis Perry's parent company filed bankruptcy? Wasn't he building tuners?

RonA is right it's a losing battle fighting with them. Those level of government employees are usually pretty mindless and live in box. If they can slap around violations which are easily spotted via the interweb they will.

Here is an example of the intelligence of these people. This is about a guy working for the deq ( which is about the same level as the epa). Alot of our customers have cattle feedlots of various sizes. One customer is getting started works day and night and over the last 4 years started to put it in a few pens. There are permits you have to get to run cattle on a certain size of ground and for a certain amount of head. He got his permit for x amount of head. Later on in the year he got inspected. The deq guy was in his pickup holding the map of his yard and how it was mapped as to his permits. He noticed the guy was getting confused and started to tell him that he was in total violation with his pen placement and cattle placement. The customer looked over at the map the deq guy was holding and noticed the guy was holding it upside down. :nail:

Sorry it's a bit off topic. But it's the same sort of governmental bs

LMFAO as a livestock producer and advocate that story kills me LOL
Regardless if its crops or stock the amount of government agency people who have showed up to farms reading rules straight off a piece of paper having no idea how it actually works or a real world experience of the situation kills me.
I get there needs to be some regulatory rules for agriculture but there also needs to be some realistic understanding from EPA agencies and some leniency for real world applications.

What shop/company is that?

That picture is about a month old, Diesel Day Dreams (Wade Boyd) several federal agents showed up to his shop in Colorado. No idea if he was tipped off by someone or if the EPA had their eye on him already. The most upsetting part is his drag/UCC truck they said was illegal. He claimed he doesn't drive it on the street and they said "if it has a VIN on the body/motor it is regulated by on road emission standards. Now if they were blowing smoke or not is TBD but regardless no one has the money to fight if they're interpreting the laws properly or not.

So technically by the EPA standards in a perfect world to them, the only way to "race" would be a custom tube chassis, motors blocks, and fiber bodys. That way there is no "VIN" or licensing for them to apply to.
The issue with that is it is INSANELY expensive and that thought process would remove an enormous amount of amateur/novice drag racers/enthusiasts.

I think we can all agree we want a clean world with minimal pollutants but blaming/attacking the race industry for these problems is NOT the answer.

I live in California and it is getting pretty rough here. I am just trying to have fun and build something cool and EPA is doing everything they can to take it away. The truck I am building right now will probably be put in the corner of the shop for a while till this hopefully cools down.

As stated previously, people on social media have definitely not helped this issue. Are most the videos on instagram pretty cool of people doing burnouts while on limiter? sure. What do people expect when they are posting videos on public roads racing, doing burnouts and smoking out vehicles that are "liberal driven".

I really do hope this all cools down because I would love to be able to show my son (almost 2) about how you can build cool things with your hands, not only play video games all day and be a coach potato.

If we cant compete with anything that has a vin that would knock 9/10 of us out. That's completely ridiculous. Say goodbye to drag week. I still say that social media picking up was the beginning of half this countries issues. Fb, Instagram, Twitter, all that ****.

If we cant compete with anything that has a vin that would knock 9/10 of us out. That's completely ridiculous. Say goodbye to drag week. I still say that social media picking up was the beginning of half this countries issues. Fb, Instagram, Twitter, all that ****.

I completely agree! People wonder why this generation is always depressed...

I still say that social media picking up was the beginning of half this countries issues. Fb, Instagram, Twitter, all that ****.

I completely agree! People wonder why this generation is always depressed...

Some people's need for validation is stronger than their need to stay out of trouble. Hell, El Chapo, Bin Laden and Pablo Escobar were both found because of electronics- And they didn't show off on the Gram............

"IM SO MAD AT THE EPA FOR ENFORCING THE LAW"

"HERE IS MY $HITBOX BLOWING SMOKE!! LIKE AND COMMENT!!!"

Reckon folks know they are narcing themselves out?

If I could make laws.... eh, things would get pretty fukked up for a lot of folks. LOL

One thing I would do in my imaginary "Jeff Law Book", is allow customers to pay a carbon tax up front to bypass emissions control systems on their vehicle. Like a dealer option. ???
Just like when I ship something via truck freight, and they ask if I would like to add $1.00 to offset the carbon footprint.

I have snapchat and that's it.
I agree 100% tim. If these companies weren't all over social media showing themselves tuning lmls, l5ps, 6.7s etc and had every other joe blow on YouTube saying I deleted my truck from tunes with this person and used this platform and of course I didnt do it myself so this shop did it they wouldnt be such an easy target

I have snapchat and that's it.
I agree 100% tim. If these companies weren't all over social media showing themselves tuning lmls, l5ps, 6.7s etc and had every other joe blow on YouTube saying I deleted my truck from tunes with this person and used this platform and of course I didnt do it myself so this shop did it they wouldnt be such an easy target

People only want to have thier privacy respected if it isn't something "cool"

Got a cool truck/gun/bag of dope/ vacation/ got wife? Put that $hit on the net so people you dont know can tell you how cool you are.

Get caught running around on your old lady/ beating your kids/ fired from your job for being a jackass/ having a substance abuse problem? "RESPEK MY PRIVACY!!"

Not sure why folks think they can have it both ways. The internet is no different than real life- it just gives anyone the opportunity to make a bill board out of themselves and to cry when they dont like it.

My mom tells me I'm cool and special so I dont need the social media justification.

Well other than from you guys :bow:

Mexicans and brothers and the occasional asian have been filing off Vins for decades..... nothing a grinder can't fix.

Think I mentioned this before.... Founding fathers would be shooting already.... Where the red line of too much government???
People want to write more laws? Support pro big government organizations.. then complain with their liberties get trampled current example.. EPA trampling life liberty and the pursuit of happiness...

Alot of people are going to to have some hard choices to make..... Any freedom/right/liberty that is forfeited to the government via law... Is going to have a steep price to pay to get back
Line from John Wick... Tell me John..... Are you pissed yet?

Last edited:
Maybe I should put this in the conspiracy thread; epa clamps down every 3-5 years with some big hits. Then goes lax a bit let's it ramp up and then wham again.

I like reading through the old threads in the staging lanes section, same worries in threads, like this one,from around 2013.

That picture is about a month old, Diesel Day Dreams (Wade Boyd) several federal agents showed up to his shop in Colorado. No idea if he was tipped off by someone or if the EPA had their eye on him already. The most upsetting part is his drag/UCC truck they said was illegal. He claimed he doesn't drive it on the street and they said "if it has a VIN on the body/motor it is regulated by on road emission standards. Now if they were blowing smoke or not is TBD but regardless no one has the money to fight if they're interpreting the laws properly or not.

So technically by the EPA standards in a perfect world to them, the only way to "race" would be a custom tube chassis, motors blocks, and fiber bodys. That way there is no "VIN" or licensing for them to apply to.
The issue with that is it is INSANELY expensive and that thought process would remove an enormous amount of amateur/novice drag racers/enthusiasts.

I think we can all agree we want a clean world with minimal pollutants but blaming/attacking the race industry for these problems is NOT the answer.

This right here is a rather scary problem, I don't suppose giving up the vin tag on race vehicles would fly either with these people. How new was his UCC truck? Something that had a dpf?

Pretty sure it was an lb7..
The truck I've been working on is 12 and plan was to get it into the deep 10s then turn it Into a puller. Well see now.

I'm talking about the year. But it has moar fuel now than it did and it's running 100x better. I need more air now :)

I'm talking about the year. But it has moar fuel now than it did and it's running 100x better. I need more air now :)

Nawww! Just put the dpf back on and run emmisions present tuning.... the air flow ratios will balance themselves out.

I'm kinda worried that if they smash Exergy and S&S, the common rail crew will be really hosed. It's not like you can DIY those on yer drill press....they're critical must-purchase parts for virtually everyone.

Could the gubbermint patch together an argument that a 250% CR injector is illegal to sell, because in their minds, it would only serve one purpose?

Discuss.

Back