Will they be next to be shut down...

Anyone else see this story from Houston on 9/12? They technically could've been shot just for entering a foreign trade zone without clearance.... instead they gave us home made neuces we couldn't even follow through with.

gallery_medium.jpg

Protesters arrested after daylong demonstration shuts down Houston Ship Channel - HoustonChronicle.com
I think they were in the water too in kayaks, which technically could be considered an act of piracy. Dumb people don't realize how long it takes a 50,000 ton container ship with a low speed engine to change direction and / or stop, even with 15,000 hp of tug support.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I think they were in the water too in kayaks, which technically could be considered an act of piracy. Dumb people don't realize how long it takes a 50,000 ton container ship with a low speed engine to change direction and / or stop, even with 15,000 hp of tug support.

There is only one fix- they need to learn by experience.

A flamethrower could fix this problem quickly. Fire is an excellent deterrent.

So if this crack down gets worse and they continue to fine guys who do delete tunes, builders, etc what's everyone's plan? I planned on getting the current build into the mid 10s then pulling the local fair circuit but not sure now. We dont have emission testing here yet but I'm sure comit's coming. Also it has been harder to get inspections. Even at the places I know the guys really well they dont want to pass deleted trucks as it could come back on their shop.

Add some spark plugs and run methanol. There is a diesel prostock track class in the Europe area that actually by decision of the pullers decided in their best interest to switch their class to methanol. So the emissions/smoke could not bee seen. All work trying to stop pulling stopped and they continue to enjoy their hobbies. As always with these types of people/groups if it can't be seen it's not there.

Or I guess be like banks and add enough nitrous that it doesnt smoke lol

I have often thought this would be the most reasonable solution if we have to do something to appease the anti-smoke people.

By far the cheapest way to clean things up.

"Switch to methanol" sounds cool but you're back to square one, big bucks in new parts, engine swaps, etc.

This is the initiative that all this is operating under. Per guidelines includes ALL on/offroad factory polution controlled engines, and enforces compliance.

https://www.epa.gov/enforcement/national-compliance-initiative-stopping-aftermarket-defeat-devices-vehicles-and-engines

So if I interpret this correctly, mechanical cummins and LB7s are out of scope (since they never had emissions equipment from the factory).

And the only way to criminalize those engines is to test them for opacity (outside the scope of this particular NCI).

Correct?

Some of the lb7s had cali emissions on them.
But yes I think that's what they're getting at.

If they actually crack down super hard I would say lb7s, 12v, vp trucks, and 7.3s are about the only thing you could get by modding and pass inspections on the street.

Back